• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Anyone watching the Masters?

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
Tiger making a charge kind of interested now. Feeling conflicted, don't want to root for him, but find myself doing so. Kinda weird.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Woods committed personal sins, not crimes. My feeling is, he deserves a chance to find a normal life and some form of redemption as much as anyone else might.

I watched it today. Woods made it interesting, and made an incredible charge over the first 9 - but just couldn't close the deal despite some chances. Amazing how he's gone from a nearly unbeatable machine to someone entirely human in a year. Exciting to see the Aussie win it though. What a dream come true that must be for that guy.

Woods committed personal sins, not crimes. My feeling is, he deserves a chance to find a normal life and some form of redemption as much as anyone else might.

I watched it today. Woods made it interesting, and made an incredible charge over the first 9 - but just couldn't close the deal despite some chances. Amazing how he's gone from a nearly unbeatable machine to someone entirely human in a year. Exciting to see the Aussie win it though. What a dream come true that must be for that guy.

I agree with you, everybody deserves a second chance. But I disagree that Woods did not commit a crime. He, his agent and his wife covered up an assault. He obstructed justice when he fled the state of Florida without talking to the Police. It was a great example of what money and privilege will get you in this country. Not complaining, I would use the same leverage he did to get my wife out of going to jail for hitting me with a golf club. :laugh:

After years of liking the young star become the great player he was, I was disgusted by his attitude once he became great. Before he really broke out, I had a friend who played a round with him. He said Woods was a very unattractive character, f-bombs here, yelling at those who worked the golf course and just an overall jerk. I was surprised and started watching his action as closely as one can on tv while he was on the course and you could see it.

With that said, I understand the value Tiger Woods brings to the USGA and PGA. Tiger is the reason golf had such a resurgence in the late 20th and early 21st century. I love golf and always have. I want to see Tiger back on his game so golf can be big again. I plan to attend the US Open this year, I hope Tiger is one of the last parings walking down the fairway to 18. Regardless of his indiscretions, he is good for the game.

Glad to see him make a run of it in the Masters. I hope to see him near the leader board in all the majors this year. I just don't want him to break Jack's record for majors. Oh and I have worked with Jack and his wife for a brief period when the Bear's Club was in it's infancy in Jupier, FL. Jack is one of the biggest jerks I have ever met. Good thing his wife is an angel! I guess it's part of the game to be a jerk.

Last edited:
I can attest to the feeling that golfing in general, at that level, seems to almost require jerks. I live in Orlando--there are probably more pro golfers here than anywhere else in the country. And the great majority of the ones I have met are complete blockheads. Almost to the point of being unable to talk about anything but golf.

Think about how tough it is to get on the tour. Everything is about them, and their golf game. It's a very selfish position they thrust themselves into. They focus so much on improving their stroke, or their short game, or whatever--that many seem to have no social skills whatsoever. And unlike with team sports, golfers spend the great majority of their time alone.

They also tend to be incredibly boring. Much like many people think of actuaries. How many pro golfers seem to have great personalities? How many pro golfers would you want to party with?

Every other sport seems to have bigger-than-life personalities. Whether it be Charles Barkley, Mike Tyson, Ocho Cinco or our own Chris Cooley. People that are interesting and funny. Besides maybe John Daly, golfing really doesn't have those.

They also have incredibly huge egos.

Last edited:

Agreed about Woods. Also, if you choose who to root for based on a moral compass, you might as well stop watching sports in general. :)

Also, is the dude Australian? I heard "South African" on the radio this morning. Oh well, guess it doesn't really matter. Great story though - I love it when the nobodies win huge tournaments like this. Its definitely one of the appealing things about golf.

He was from South Africa. Only third golfer from there to win the Masters. No Australian has won the Masters although Scott and Day made a great charge.
I would have liked to see Tiger win yesterday, just because pull for American golfers first.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Agreed about Woods. Also, if you choose who to root for based on a moral compass, you might as well stop watching sports in general. :)

Also, is the dude Australian? I heard "South African" on the radio this morning. Oh well, guess it doesn't really matter. Great story though - I love it when the nobodies win huge tournaments like this. Its definitely one of the appealing things about golf.

You and Riggins are correct - the other two in contention were the Aussies - Charl is South African. Just not on my 'A' game on that one :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.