• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's The Most Unexpectedly Awesome Movie You've Ever Seen?

I love, love, love this movie. The conversation when they're in the van on the way to her apt is fantastic. I enjoyed Before Sunrise as well, but I liked this one better. I also like the ending.

Yeah, my wife was sick Saturday, so I turned it on, and loved it. My dad told me to check it out and there it was in the instant queue, so I thought, why not.

The dialogue is so natural, it can't all have been scripted.

Yeah, my wife was sick Saturday, so I turned it on, and loved it. My dad told me to check it out and there it was in the instant queue, so I thought, why not.

The dialogue is so natural, it can't all have been scripted.

Yep. And the emotion seemed very real and they have amazing chemistry.

Yep. And the emotion seemed very real and they have amazing chemistry.

Yep, that's one of the reasons I love Friday Night Lights. The chemistry between Connie Britton and Kyle Chandler is amazing. And Chandler has said many times that they aren't constrained by scripts either.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World.

if you played video games in the 80s and ever read comic books youll like this.

I had no interest in seeing this but was actually happily suprised by it, especially at Michael Cera's ability to do action scenes convincingly. haha

Scott Pilgrim vs The World.

if you played video games in the 80s and ever read comic books youll like this.

Yeah, it was a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be. Really fun, actually.

mary elizabeth winstead is easily my new favorite hot actress too.

She's great. Really, REALLY looking forward to her in the Thing. Keep telling my wife we might have to go to the theater for this one.

blade runner was such a great movie. it still holds up even to this day. thats how you know its a good ass movie.

it gets better every time I view it.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe..."

:claps:

Just watched Cool Hand Luke again last night. GREAT MOVIE!

Don't know about 'most unexpectedly awesome', but 'Hereafter', directed by Clint Eastwood and starring Matt Damon (who's always underrated) is definitely worth a watch.

Don't know about 'most unexpectedly awesome', but 'Hereafter', directed by Clint Eastwood and starring Matt Damon (who's always underrated) is definitely worth a watch.

Oh man, I started watching that on the airplane and it put me to sleep it was so boring. I had high hopes for it also.

Life is Beautiful is a movie for which I had very low expectations, but it's one of my two favorite movies of all time. It's a movie with a love story, a comedy, a completely compelling tragedy, and ultimately a little kid's dream come true.

I still use that movie as an example of how perspective can turn even the harshest of circumstances into excited fun. A story is about a kid surviving in a concentration camp thinking the whole thing is a competetion to ride on a tank, but it's also a love story of a funny bumbling man who both completely loves his wife and protects his son btoh physically and emotionally.

Life is Beautiful is amazing, but I don't understand why you had low expectations for it? It was nominated for Best Picture & Best Director, and won Best Foreign Film & Best Lead Actor.

Life is Beautiful did win awards, but it hadn't yet won when I went to see it. It was a concession to a gf to let her pick.

Life is Beautiful did win awards, but it hadn't yet won when I went to see it. It was a concession to a gf to let her pick.

Ahhhh, okay. :) Sorry, I realized I came off kinda like a jackass there, because I just assumed you meant recently.

I watched Unknown with Liam Neeson last night. It didn't sound too interesting, but his movies always seem to be really good, so I watched it. I thought it was pretty good. It definitely ended up going in a different direction than they lead you in the entire movie, but not in a bad way.

I don't know about 'unexpectedly awesome' flicks, but I've watched two very good movies in the last month both starring horses :)

Secretariat is a pretty good flick. And The Black Stallion (from 1979) won a number of awards and is really a beautiful movie. Highly recommend it and available on Netflix for instant viewing.

Went to see Safe House tonight and was a bit surprised by Ryan Reynolds' performance. I expected Denzell's star to shine too bright for him but the kid held his own. Not one of my favorite actors but he did well.

Overall, the movie was very action packed, predictable and of course it was an arraignment of the Intelligence Community as a whole, not just the CIA. Political agenda aside, the movie was pretty good, entertaining to say the least.

Don't know about 'unexpectedly awesome', but definitely recommend 'Let the Right One In' (not the US remake, but the original Danish version). Classic 'Boy meets Vampire' story. Great acting by the two young leads. You won't be disappointed.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139797/

It's available for instant viewing on Netflix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.