• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

be honest now

fansince62

ok....it's early.......but in all frankness.....what do you see on the horizon for this team?

Vinny dug a hole. Bruce made it deeper making bad bets on McNabb and Brown. now.....we really don't have a strong draft position, FA is off in the distant future, we don't have a QB on the roster who will be here in two years, too many holes......I'm seeing hard times next season....very hard times

pls....convince me I'm off.........

You're off! Rex Grossman takes us into the playoffs where we lose the Division Playoff game to a game Saints team who want to get back to the Super Bowl. He goes to the Pro Bowl as an alternate throwing for 4200 yards with 29 TD's and 16 INT's.

I think it's fair to say I've been one of the bigger pessimists on this board over the past couple seasons, but I'm willing to wait until the offseason is over before declaring the situation hopeless ... If there is still a season to play, that is.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

FS, it's too early to tell. But, this off season is critical for Shanny and Bruce, and really Snyder too. If they believe we are only a few players away and swing for the fences, they will dig the hole further. If that happens, I think there is a good chance we are without a coach and maybe a GM next off season. If however, they can sell Snyder on the fact that they made mistakes last year, and have decided to raze the team to the ground and rebuild, but that they need time and patience, I think they have a chance. Snyder is notoriously impatient, so they may not have a ton of time. But they will have a couple of seasons anyway.

My most dreaded scenario is that they swing for the fences, and hit a triple coming close to making the playoffs, which fools them and Snyder into thinking they can continue the pattern of Hail Mary passes instead of being content with four yards per carry (got tired of the baseball analogies). If that happens, who knows when we will rebuild and be good.

Mass suckage. For at least another two years, and that's IF we make the right moves with the draft and free agents. The danny and Turdblossom just dug too deep a hole

I don't know where we currently stand. The front office is a mess as usual, which is all I can see holding this team back.

You never know what can happen though. it seems like every year some fluke team that sucked before just had a great season out of nowhere. The Saints their Super Bowl year being a perfect example.

Anything is possible. Injuries change everything, either to our benefit or detriment. That's why Vegas hasn't picked a Super Bowl winner accurately before the season in about 12 years. Everything is a crap shoot.

That being said, I really hope Shanahan gets things together and moving in the right direction. I have more faith in him at this point than I did in Gibbs when he came back. I just hope my faith isn't misguided, I'm tired of being let down. I'm not expecting a Super Bowl any time soon, but some solid progress would be nice.

You're off! Rex Grossman takes us into the playoffs where we lose the Division Playoff game to a game Saints team who want to get back to the Super Bowl. He goes to the Pro Bowl as an alternate throwing for 4200 yards with 29 TD's and 16 INT's.

I want a double of whatever you're drinking or smoking. :)

I honestly don't have enough information to speculate on a near-term future scenario for the Redskins. The draft will help. With free agency on hold it will be the only way I can estimate what Shanahan may have concluded about the direction to go. With so few picks and so many acknowledged holes he could justifiably go BPA and fill a few needs that way. He has stated he was intending to target the OL in the draft and, of course, there are all the rumors about QB, Locker, Ponder, Taylor...whoever. And Newton hasn't disappeared from all the mocks radar screens yet either.

I wouldn't be surprised by a trade-down at all from 10 to say the 15-20 slot area depending on what present and/or future picks we could get.

What of the next couple of years for the 'Skins? Well how Shanahan positions himself and not only who, but what positions he targets may give some indication of an overall strategy for the next two to three seasons.

I do expect a surprise or two during the draft as well, some player or some player at an unexpected position. Like I said, though, it will give me something to go on.

I hope.

I think we will suck for another year or two. I think we will make some FA moves to sure up some positions for the short term. Maybe bring in players like Kris Jenkins...etc. But these players will recieve fair contracts which will be the difference between the old regime and the new. As we get younger, we will replace these players without spending too much money.

Of course, the first time we spend on a FA, all of the media and fans will scream "same old Redskins." But, in fact, we will be using FA properly. We will not overspend and we will only grab good character guys that want to be here.

I say we are two years away from competing and I think within these two years, we will get younger and younger.

I do expect a surprise or two during the draft as well, some player or some player at an unexpected position.

With the amount of holes we have, I don't see any position being a surprise. The only thing that would surprise me is if we draft another TE.

Honestly...6-10 is what I will expect this season (if there is a season). Too many question marks on all sides of the ball to truly be competitive. Now, if Allahan hits a home run this offseason & somehow fills most of the holes, I'd up that to 8-8. But no way all holes get filled in one offseason.

If you know me from my ES, BGO days and my blog you know that I'm generally optimistic about the Skins. I've worn the "homer" title with pride.

That Said, I really think that this team will struggle for another season or two.

I actually believe that Shanahan was sold a poor bill of goods from Snyder and Cerrato and instead of a new scheme and vet QB to win now....he realizes that he has to build a team from the ground up.

It's doable but I'm not sure Shanahan or Dan Snyder has the patience to go 2-3 more years without breaking the playoffs

If you know me from my ES, BGO days and my blog you know that I'm generally optimistic about the Skins. I've worn the "homer" title with pride.

That Said, I really think that this team will struggle for another season or two.

I actually believe that Shanahan was sold a poor bill of goods from Snyder and Cerrato and instead of a new scheme and vet QB to win now....he realizes that he has to build a team from the ground up.

It's doable but I'm not sure Shanahan or Dan Snyder has the patience to go 2-3 more years without breaking the playoffs

you know...I really want a different mindset about the Skins this year. I'm tired of getting angry and wanking about this move and that. it's just that watching one prognosticator after the next...one gets to the real frustration: it's not where we are...it's how few options we have for real improvement in the near term.

if all goes well...we draft our QB after next season...which means we're looking at 3 yrs before being competitive.......ouch!

I got nothin. I guess thats why I never post anymore. They have bled me dry of B&G faith and left me with bleh. Guess I just wanted to say hi.

Praying for respectable mediocrity. Thats been my stance for some time and we havent gotten close. Somewhere I saw a pic of a guy who changed his jersey to read "MaybeNextYr"

I think the only difference this yr is that I'm thinking t early.

Peace out my brothers.

Not one more dime Danny, not until you restore respectability!

I got nothin. I guess thats why I never post anymore. They have bled me dry of B&G faith and left me with bleh. Guess I just wanted to say hi.

Praying for respectable mediocrity. Thats been my stance for some time and we havent gotten close. Somewhere I saw a pic of a guy who changed his jersey to read "MaybeNextYr"

I think the only difference this yr is that I'm thinking t early.

Peace out my brothers.

Not one more dime Danny, not until you restore respectability!

It saddens me that we have come to this. Throughout this past season, I went to 6 games, but did not buy any concessions, except one bottle of water. I had too, it was a hot day and I was unable to sneak a bottle in.

I for one will never understand the people that say they won't watch or support their team until they're doing better, more respectable, etc. Maybe it's because I'm a homer, but I am obsessed regardless of their record.

Sure, I obviously love it more when they're winning like Charlie Sheen, but who doesn't. Just remember though, it isn't the fault of the players, it's the fault of Danny. That's why I will always show my guys support, no matter what happens.

I support the players, but havent bought any Redskins merchandise in years. I have been to two games in the past five years and not bought any concessions. Screw Snyder. He has made the team I grew up being proud of a ****ing joke. Breaks my heart.

I'm not buying any more jerseys until things change for the better, that's for sure. I'll probably make it to a couple games this season, but only because I enjoy the company and the tailgating experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.