• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Insider: Redskins get 7th-round draft pick

BGO

Compensatory draft choice gives team three selections in the 7th round.

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif

More...

Better than not having an extra pick, but the odds of finding someone of value there are nil... Then again, always nice to have a late round pick to throw at another team to move up a notch or two if needed.

I dunno, Boone. I think the odds are much greater than Nil. We found Chris Horton & Rob Jackson in the 7th, and before that we snagged Rock Cartwright in the final round. The odds are not very good, however they aren't zero. :)

And Shanny has had some success with late round picks also, finding Peyton Hillis, Keith Burns and rock-solid, long time Bronco OC Tom Nalen.

Point taken - and it also depends on what we're looking for with that pick...
Certainly not looking a gift horse in the mouth, particularly when we have (again) a dearth of picks.

So, do you think we could trade up with a couple of those seventh round picks and get an extra 5th rounder then parlay that into getting at least our fourth round pick back? Or just keep both 5th round picks? Or do you think the likelihood of getting enough of a better player that way wouldn't be worth the effort?

Just wonderin'-an' doing some conjectural head calculating here.

Think there's more likelihood we package that pick to move up or get a higher round pick than that we actually hold onto and use it. Just my opinion though....

So, do you think we could trade up with a couple of those seventh round picks and get an extra 5th rounder then parlay that into getting at least our fourth round pick back? Or just keep both 5th round picks? Or do you think the likelihood of getting enough of a better player that way wouldn't be worth the effort?

Just wonderin'-an' doing some conjectural head calculating here.

While I feel our best opportunity to gain more picks is a trade down from #10, this has to give us a shot to turn one of those 5th picks into a 4th. Since Big Al and McNabb were not traded before the CBA deadline we won't be getting any draft picks for them until next year if ever.

We still don't know what the Tryon pick will be at this point. Maybe as high as a 5th rounder, but probably a 6th.

With two picks (known) in the 5th, I say we stay there. All too often four or five gems that were expected to go in the latter part of round one or somewhere in round two tend to fall to the 5th. The tackle from Oklahoma two seasons ago fell to the 5th and Vinny passed - he starts for Chicago now. Stay there and get these potential starters/good players.

Package the first two 7ths and grab another 5th if another good player falls. 7ths are a crapshoot anyway and a 5th has a far better chance imho.

Draft picks are always nice, no matter how you get them, but even such a late round pick with a coach like Shanahan can be just as good as an earlier one, guy seriously can pick talent from anywhere.

Do you know what the pick is contingent on, and why its taking so long to figure out?

No idea, but looking at Walking Deadman's mock says the extra 7th is from Indy. I thought we already had an extra 7th and the comp. pick made it the third choice in the 7th round.

<Displaying clueless, confused look>

I just read that compensatory draft picks cannot be traded so I guess that puts a crimp in the ideas I had.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.