• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Fredericksburg.com: Trent Williams: Offseason training is about improvement

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
There’s no immediate accountability for NFL players in their offseason training because the lockout prevents them from working out at their teams’ facilities or contact with team officials. Teams’ strength and conditioning programs are on hold, so players have to be self-motivated in their workouts.

It stands to reason, then, that a player with a questionable work ethic easily could slack off during this period. In fact, coaches throughout the league have said that the lockout will highlight the divide between players who are dedicated to their craft and those who aren’t.

This was in the back of my mind as I reached out to several Redskins for the story I wrote for today’s paper. Many are diligently working out on their own so they will be in good shape when the Redskins Park doors reopen to them.

Left tackle Trent Williams is one of those players.

http://blogs.fredericksburg.com/red...g-is-about-improvement-not-quieting-doubters/

Really have to love the guy, he's been a class act so far and he puts it all out on the field, definitely a great choice to replace Chris. Hopefully the rest of the team is doing their job and working out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.