• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

School makes all first-graders rinse out their mouths before class - because ONE CHIL

Sarge

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-mouths-class--ONE-CHILD-peanut-allergy.html

It's a dramatic step even in the age of strict health and safety.
A public school in Florida is making all its first-grade pupils rinse out their mouths and wash their hands before coming into class and after lunch - because one child has a severe peanut allergy.
Teachers must continually wipe down desks with Clorox wipes, children cannot bring in outside food for parties and a peanut-sniffing dog has even been brought into the school grounds.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...--ONE-CHILD-peanut-allergy.html#ixzz1GrUP3zua

I don't really understand WHY peanut allergies are so much more prevalent now than they used to be (dis Darwin take care of the kids with the allergies before?), but regardless, you can not dick around with those allergies. That can be a life or death situation.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Why is the Daily Mail reporting on a school in Florida?

EDIT: I have to disagree, Goaldie. Yes, peanut allergies are serious business, however there is an intrinsic risk associated with sending your child to public school. If they have a peanut allergy that severe, maybe you should consider home schooling or sending them somewhere else. Just sayin'...

This is news? Schools have been doing that sort of thing for years. Must be a slow day at the Daily Mail.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I have a nephew with a severe alergy to peanuts and he did fine while in school without such draconian measures.

Look, he bought his ticket, he knew what he was getting into; I say, let'em crash.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.