• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Which Side Are You On?

Which side of the NFL labor battle are you on?

• Owners - they own the teams and how much money they make is their business

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • Players - they are the talent, without them there are no games

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
It is obvious the owners don't have unity of purpose.

For every Rooney or Richardson that tries to negotiate reasonable deals for talent you have other owners like Jones or Snyder who consistently inflate salaries and often pay top dollar to mediocre talent.

The owners were going to lose in court, I think everyone could see that coming.

So, the question of how to divy up the large pie of NFL dollars still comes down to one thing for the owners - being able to show restraint.

The TV money is likely to continue to be split, any savings is going to come through the negotiation of sane contracts.

When the commissioner talks about getting control of costs the contract secured by Albert Haynesworth with $41M in guarantees sticks in my mind.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I think sports agents' commission is 4%, not 40%.

EDIT: Players would be paying around 40-50% in taxes, and if the agent's commission were 40%, they'd be left with only 10-20% of their paychecks at the end of the day. No way that's right.

You're right, the standard is 4%. 40% would be kind of crazy, huh? I always thought it odd but never bothered to look it up. I don't know where I got that figure from, maybe from a typo in an article or something. Thanks for the correction.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

For every Rooney or Richardson that tries to negotiate reasonable deals for talent you have other owners like Jones or Snyder who consistently inflate salaries and often pay top dollar to mediocre talent.

When the commissioner talks about getting control of costs the contract secured by Albert Haynesworth with $41M in guarantees sticks in my mind.

I kind of agree with with what you're saying. The thing is Snyder and Jones often over pay cause 1) they have their own seperate game of seeing who can outpay the other and 2) they aren't good judges of talent.

If you can't judge talent or get bad advice it is easy to overpay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.