• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Obama changes stance on Gitmo tribunals

Sarge

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh the humanity! Those poor, poor innocents! Swept out of their countries after minding their own business in an illegal war for oil. What about their human rights? The evil, evil Bush/ Hitler................oh wait

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/mar/7/obama-lifts-ban-miltary-trial-gitmo-detainees/

President Obama on Monday lifted the ban he imposed two years ago on military trials for detainees at the Guantanamo Bay prison, ending his bid to move most terrorism trials to civilian courts and pushing his already busted deadline for shuttering the island prison indefinitely forward.

The reversal came as Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates visited Afghanistan and indicated that he was willing to keep a presence of U.S. forces in the war-torn country beyond the Obama administration’s 2014 pullout goal, highlighting again the difficulty the president has had moving from the policies of President George W. Bush.

Mr. Obama announced the Guantanamo decision in an executive order that also sets forth a periodic review process for detainees who have not been charged or convicted but are still considered threats to the U.S.

Yeah, if Obama hasn't done anything else right, he's basically endorsed damn near every tool the Bush Administration created to fight terrorism. And, since he's the smartest guy in the world, and a deity to some, it MUST be the right decision.

I wonder if his next Apology Tour will include a stop in Texas.

this guy is a disaster. it's possible two more Supremes will retire in the next Presidency. Let's hope this neophyte is out of office.

Holder will address trying Khalid Sheik Muhamed in a military tribunal at Gitmo! I can't wait to see what the Attorney General has to say about this today at 2:00.

No. Bush is Satan. Obama is only "cleaning up his mess".

Of course, that doesn't really explain why Gitmo is still open and why these POS's are being given military trials when Obama promised to close Gitmo and try them in civilian court so we could show the world we aren't bad

But hey, who said libs were logical? Just remember, Bush bad, Obama good

Did I say one word about Obama? Nope, didn't think so. Talk about being rooted in ideology...

Sarge added Obama, I didn't mention him once. Nice try though.

Obama will go down in the annals of history as even worse than Carter!!!! who could have imagined?!

the horror....the horror.

do you not see where he says Bush? just curious.

and do you not get how i was talking about Bush?

and how you commented on me talking about Bush?

and how I never once mention Obama?

Not once did I mention Obama. Nice try though.

Yes, Sarge mentioned Obama, and you agreed with his post. Its simple logic, Mike, this is why arguing with you is pointless. You cannot follow a simple logical string.

Reality hit the President square in the face on this issue. Figured it would at some point.

Meanwhile, back at Club Gitmo, Abdul and Mahmoud get to enjoy the tropical resort for far longer than anticipated.

i cant follow a simple logical string? you obviously cant because for THE LAST TIME i was the one who said "does this mean bush is not that bad?" and sarge then responded with "bush is satan" to which i said "its obvious with jaimies remark of 'he is terrible'"

I also find it funny that you got all pissy and cried when Brian had you reeling in that other thread about election 2012 and you stormed off when you thought he got personal yet you cant seem to help yourself with the insults of my intelligence at every opportunity. you think you can get under my skin but it just makes you look like a hypocrite. so just knock it off, grow up and stick to debating.

actually ill just handle this myself and ignore you from now on. sad it had to come to that but its obvious you arent going to learn.

My god...this is probably the best solution. You can't just pick and choose which parts of a post to agree with and everyone will just automatically know what is going through your head...it doesn't work that way. Maybe you just never read Sarge's entire post and stopped after the first sentence? I don't know...but holy effin' hell.

just daydreaming here...but can anyone think of any major decision that Obama has made that has worked out well?

more directly...does it strike you like it does me that he doesn't an f'n plan for any of his decisions?

what a disaster this guy is.

The further I look into the administration's stance on this, the more it looks like they are actually blaming Congress for not allowing these terrorists their "just" day in court.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.