• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Insider: Portis talks about moving on

BGO

INDIANAPOLIS - Clinton Portis says that he won't be upset if the Washington Redskins cut him rather than pay him the $8.3 million salary figure he is owed for the coming season. Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan said Friday evening at the NFL Combine that the team will allow Portis to shop himself to other teams and that they only would bring the 10-year veteran back at a significantly reduced figure. "With a guy with a high salary cap, I've always dealt with it a little differently," Shanahan explained. "If we're not going to sign Clinton to that high salary, I'll let him test the market out. Not to say we don't want him, but for a lower price, and obviously we'll try to find the best deal. It could happen. I don't want to say right now. If I said that, usually I'm being pretty honest with you. Could be

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif

More...

Mr. Jones and his fact checker need some math help...

If the league goes to an 18 game schedule, then, IMO, you need two healthy backs. I do not see Portis lasting an extra two games. I would love for him to stay, but chances are he is gone. He will probably end up with the PATS and will split time with the Law Firm.

If the league goes to an 18 game schedule, then, IMO, you need two healthy backs. I do not see Portis lasting an extra two games. I would love for him to stay, but chances are he is gone. He will probably end up with the PATS and will split time with the Law Firm.

An extra two games?? We'd be lucky if he made it through half a 16 game season. Portis is done.

I'll continue to wear the 26 jersey - CP gave us some great years. Thanks for all the memories such as the first carry and some awesome blocks.

On another note - I have a DMac 5 jersey for sale. Low price.

:anonymous: :)

I will continue to wear a Portis jersey proudly. I always loved his effort on the field.

Thankfully, I never bought a DMac jersey. Unfortunately, I bought a Haynesworth. You win some, you lose some.

The RB depth in this draft is terrific - impact players will be available well into the 4th round.

I still hope somehow we can keep him, and he can stay healthy.

I know Dad,

"Hope in one hand, and **** in the other, see which one fills up 1st"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.