• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread - Shoot the Crows

Well, on the up side, it looks like we found a punter. Which is a good thing, because I have a feeling we'll need him.

That's my bright spot for the night. I'm considering revising my record prediction down to 3-13, but it might be a little early for that.

Otherwise, we better pray the O-line stays healthy, because our depth sucks

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd have to go back and look at the tape, but if he was in with the starters on the first 1-2 series, he probably did fine since by and large the whole unit did. On pass pro, anyway. There was nothing in the run game, due at least in part to the fact Baltimore had the entire Inner Harbor in the box. To what extent he saw extended playing time beyond that I couldn't tell you. The mixing and matching of guys up front came fast and furious.

Om, Jason Reid of the Washington Post seems to think Rinehart did pretty well also;http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/campbell-gives-rinehart-high-m.html?wprss=redskinsinsider

Sonny criticized our punter big-time, what did you see that made you see that as a big positive? Not having seen the actual game, pretty hard to make an assessment...

Sonny criticized our punter big-time, what did you see that made you see that as a big positive? Not having seen the actual game, pretty hard to make an assessment...

I set the bar low. I was comparing him to last years version:)

I saw a couple of shaky punts early, but also remember a couple boomers and at least one well-placed corner job as the evening progressed. Hard to argue with the numbers though. Don't have them in front of me, but last year I think we averaged a league-worst 34.something, and last night over 44.

With a proven vet back there, punter is one area I'm not going to lose any sleep over.

Punt coverage may be another matter ... but we'll jump off that bridge when we come to it. :)

One thing about the lack of offensive production: there was no opportunity to evaluate either of the kickers. No extra points, no field goals and only one kickoff.

Hey guys ... no big deal, but as noted in the Game Day Info thread yesterday, we're going to do "official" game threads a little differently here. For instance, we'd like a staffer to be the one to start them. Lots of reasons for that, none all that compelling on their own, but taken together the best way for us to go, at least for now.

Yeah, I know. Bummer. :)

I saw a couple of shaky punts early, but also remember a couple boomers and at least one well-placed corner job as the evening progressed. Hard to argue with the numbers though. Don't have them in front of me, but last year I think we averaged a league-worst 34.something, and last night over 44.

With a proven vet back there, punter is one area I'm not going to lose any sleep over.

Punt coverage may be another matter ... but we'll jump off that bridge when we come to it. :)

maybe we can build the Offense around the punter next year:laugh: :(

Hey guys ... no big deal, but as noted in the Game Day Info thread yesterday, we're going to do "official" game threads a little differently here. For instance, we'd like a staffer to be the one to start them. Lots of reasons for that, none all that compelling on their own, but taken together the best way for us to go, at least for now.

Yeah, I know. Bummer. :)

I promise I shall not do it again.

Work got in the way!!!!

From what I have seen and read, maybe I was better off working.

Looks like the site nazi's are gonna put you out of a job;)

And yes, you were better off working unfortunately

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.