• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Single forum issue

Yusuf06

The Starter
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I can't see the 5 o'clock club for some reason. All I can see is the banner at the top of the page with all black underneath. If I click anywhere in the black area it changes to teal, still with the logo banner showing at the top.

I checked a couple of the other forums and they're showing up fine. Do you all think this is a BGO issue or something with my work browser? ...stupid I.E. :mad:

Not seeing anything on my end Yusuf...probably just an internet hiccup on your end, but if it persists or if anyone else is having problems, let us know...

Thanks for checking into it. Given the IT issues we're working through, I'm not surprised it wasn't something at you guys' end.

Definitely some lag time navigating through BGO, but mostly from work. I don't think the problem is as severe at home, so I just figured it was something with the firewall here.

Quick nav button for Political Asylum added. As for lag times, I'll do some site maintenance and see if that helps. I'm not really seeing anything significant, but doesn't mean there's not an issue somewhere.

Guys...I just removed a ton of RSS-generated threads from the news forums on both sites hosted on our server, and ran a table repair/optimization. Pages are loading noticeably faster on my laptop.

Let me know if you see a difference.

Glad that seems to have taken care of it. I probably don't do site maintenance enough...my apologies....

Glad that seems to have taken care of it. I probably don't do site maintenance enough...my apologies....

You may want to tweak the RSS settings...its pulling in a ton of articles. :)

Site is slowing down again (at least for me). Maybe you can set a time-limit for RSS articles? Like a week or something, and then they are automatically deleted (unless there is a response).

Just a thought...

What do you mean 'click on any link'?

Yeah, its taking forever to do anything today. Click on a thread and wait...I don't get a black screen, it just stays on the current screen forever.

I ran an 'optimize tables' scan... I really don't think whatever the issue is has anything to do with RSS feeds. We've gone 4-5 months without cleaning those up previously without having an issue.

I've been having trouble with this for a couple of weeks now. At first I figured it was my Craptastic Comcast service, but after reading Lanky and Mike's posts, and testing other windows/tabs with other sites, I am definitely having trouble loading things here. Not sure why though.

Keep me posted Goal...I'm trying to convince Om into going with the next level server account :) Meanwhile, I'll keep doing some routine maintenance to keep things as clean and smoothly-operating as possible. I'm tyrannical like that.

Keep me posted Goal...I'm trying to convince Om into going with the next level server account :) Meanwhile, I'll keep doing some routine maintenance to keep things as clean and smoothly-operating as possible. I'm tyrannical like that.

Your new nickname could be TB - Tyrannical Bastard. Like?

FWIW, things are clicking along now. Took a break to hang out with the kids and now that I'm back, things are going better.

I think we'll definitely look to upgrade the server, particularly if site traffic keeps picking up. It's about time. That said, we have so many add-ons at this point that the vBulletin base we're running on may be having a hard time keeping up. Toying with the idea of giving ourselves a "BGO Lite" option--without the million add-ons ... something you could use strictly when posting or if the "regular" skin is bogging down. Have to do some aesthetic work on the basis template (right now its blue and white and just WAY too Cowboys-like) but I think it's probably a good option to look at. Is that something you folks might find useful?

Last edited:
Yeah, BGO Lite sounds like a great idea. I appreciate all the features, but most of the time I'm just here to talk some Skins.

Mark, are you suggesting have two options when you log in? That might work well, that way we could select if we are here to chat (or not) or just find out about the latest news or whatever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.