• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

MMA: UFC, Strikeforce, etc.

These have all been good fights so far, so much for what I know about what a good card is lol.

edit: LMAO at big country using "I''m Fat" by Weird Al as his entrance moment..

Last edited:
These have all been good fights so far, so much for what I know about what a good card is lol.

edit: LMAO at big country using "I''m Fat" by Weird Al as his entrance moment..

The sad part is if that fool would get in shape and drop to 205, he could probably be a champion.

Maybe Dana is already thinking of the next UFC reality show El.

UFC's Biggest Loser with Roy Nelson lol

those were some great fights this past weekend. the finale was well worth it.

im not sure if i want to get the next UFC. carwin vs del santos SOUNDS good but I think Junior beats him.

Junior better not get hit by one of his bombs.

As for the card, I was looking forward to seeing the Cowboy, my favorite fighter at the moment, get into the ring against better talent, but his original opponent got injured. This marks the first time he is on the main card after he won submission of the night in his UFC debut. The kid is reckless at times but is extremely talented and has heart.

I am looking forward to seeing what Demian Maia can do. This card doesn't have the blockbuster names, but there are some good fighters.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ycn-8617153

Nick Diaz vs. Georges St-Pierre

OH YA? Man, Im not sure who I want to win..I think GSP will walk thru him but I cant root for him any more..hes boring. But then again I hate everything Diaz..sooooooo..

I have stopped doubting Nick Diaz. He may be an ass, but he has skills and heart to boot.

Shane Carwin is going to annihilate Junior Dos Santos with a vicious ground and pound.

I will likely be rooting for GSP, but this could be the makings of a good fight because Diaz would LOVE to box with an amateur boxer like GSP and we know GSP has tried to get better boxing in his last 2 fights.

Mark my words Mike, "Carwin knocks Dos Santos out with vicious bombs once he takes him to the ground!"

Jerk! LOL!

Silva had a chin. Dude's been knocked out too many times. Not saying he will lose this fight, he still has heart.

Ortiz is over the hill.

Faber is no joke. If he had not broken his hands against Brown, he would have won either fight. But you're right, the talent has grown around him. I would still like to see him win.

Did you see the Overeem v. Werdum fight?

i thought knogo was done and most refs would have called it. but that just shows you never can tell and anyone can get lucky. that was a heck of a display of heart though by Kongo.

I was bummed Story lost last night. Thats keastman's friend and he seems to be on the right path. i like that he didnt make any excuses for taking the fight on such short notice and that dana acknowledged he did that so he wouldnt drop in rankings.

Yeah, Kongo got lucky as hell and the bad part is Barry was an up and comer who will have to go back to the drawing board. It could help him if he's not too shell shocked. Dude got crushed!

As for Story, this should be good for him. It wasn't a beat down, he just got out wrestled by a guy with a lot of motor. It seemed like Story was a little out of sorts. I mean he did just fight one of the world's best less than a month ago. This should be a good humbling experience that should get him focused. If he got in the ring with the likes of Jake Shields, BJ Penn, or even St Pierre like he did last night he would have gotten crushed.

Cruz/Faber went about how I thought it would. Faber needed to get him to the ground, but it was Cruz with the better wrestling tonight. Whatever judge scored it 50-45 for Cruz is an idiot!

Oh yeah, that's some chin Vanderlei has there, huh Mike? :laugh:

I must admit I was surprised that Tito handled Bader so quickly, and even more surprising was Leben's quick KO of Silva, I had that one going into round 2 before someone got dropped. Now that Faber doesn't intimidate opponents he doesn't command the ring presence anymore, personally I'm glad he lost, something about him irks the hell out of me,

I must admit I was surprised that Tito handled Bader so quickly, and even more surprising was Leben's quick KO of Silva, I had that one going into round 2 before someone got dropped. Now that Faber doesn't intimidate opponents he doesn't command the ring presence anymore, personally I'm glad he lost, something about him irks the hell out of me,

:laugh:

I know what you guys can dislike, but ever since Urijah Faber battled Mike Brown the 2nd time with 2 broken hands for 5 rounds having broken his right hand early in the 1st round, I give the little man much credit. I wouldn't wager on this fight, like I said before I think it went about how I thought. I was surprised to see Faber drop Cruz 3 times. If he had stayed on Cruz in the 4th round while Cruz was still wobbling, it could have been different. Cruz is the Champ and deserves to still be.

I never thought the Leben/Silva fight would go beyond the first.

Fedor vs Henderson Showtime 10pm EST 7-30-2011(Sat).

Dan Henderson vs. Fedor Emelianenko
Marloes Coenen vs. Miesha Tate
Tim Kennedy vs. Robbie Lawler
Paul Daley vs. Tyron Woodley
Tarec Saffiedine vs. Scott Smith

This will be a good fight card, even for the guys who don't like MMA. Fedor and Henderson have never been KO'd and i expect a war between these two. Fedor should win, but who knows after his last 2 fights. I guarantee it will be exciting either way. Both guys always come to fight and it will be toe to toe with neither guy backing down.

These fights should be good also.
Coenen vs Tate(For The Women's WW Chamionship)
Kennedy vs Lawler(LHW's)
Daley vs Woodley(WW's)

Last edited:
That 1st fight wasn't much and this 2nd one is starting out slow. The rest of these ought to be good. Can't wait for the finalie!

Edit: Overeem got kicked out of SF if you haven't heard. He pissed of Zuffa for pulling out of the Sept. Grand prix fight and he took another fight in Oct.

Overeems camp said that originally his zuffa fight was october and when they moved it to september he balked and then zuffa canned him. Who knows what it actually is but either way I don't like it.

After his last fight with Werdum, i could care less about Overeem. I mean Werdum was acting like a ***** but Overeem should have pounded him.

Not to mention, something is wrong with Overeem. After that fight his breathing was all messed up. I don't know if the steroids may have done something, but something aint right.

Can't believe how bad these first three fights have been. :zzz:

Here we go!!!:munching_out:

I'm going to say Fedor 1st rd KO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.