• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

MMA: UFC, Strikeforce, etc.

Rua got heart, but the title fight should go to Lyoto...unless they make Rua and Lyoto fight again.

Great fights tonight, capped off by an epic slugfest. This was the best card I have seen in some time.

Rua should have finished Vera way earlier his conditioning was suspect and he tired so soon he allowed Vera to hang in there. I actually think after the onslaught Vera took his conditioning was pretty good. Great heart displayed though by Vera to keep going.

It was definitely the best card overall I've watched in awhile.

And I am not saying MMA is turning into boxing. Never once said it! UFC is turning into boxing! You watch King of the Cage or any of the other local fight organizations, or any that isn't owned by Zuffa and you will see lesser talented fighters, but much better fights. Zuffa production fights look almost scripted at times, or are poorly judged, just like boxing!

lol @ KOTC...Zuffa puts on the best MMA shows right now hands down.

You are right about the judging though.

I love Ben being here!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Thanks for stopping by, 98.
This thread needed some life breathed into it :)

:cheers: Thanks bruthas...glad to be here :smile2:

Great fights tonight, capped off by an epic slugfest. This was the best card I have seen in some time.

That main card was card of the year so far IMO.

This weekend is UFC 150, then the weekend after, my girl Ronda Rousey:

Ronda_Rousey_WeighIn_Strikeforce_10032731.jpg

takes on Sarah Kaufman

Yeah I don't think she's as hot as Gina Carano either but I do think she'll be a better fighter. If she goes in and armbars Sarah Kaufman, I'll have a lot more faith in her to hang against Cyborg.

I still think she's hot though

lol @ KOTC...Zuffa puts on the best MMA shows right now hands down.

You are right about the judging though.

Please don't misunderstand what I was saying about KOTC, they do not have the quality production Zuffa has, you are correct when you say UFC puts on the best show. Brock Lesnar, sub par fighter that he is, put on a great show for them until they brought in a few quality HW's.

no question, she IS hot. but Gina was like HOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

that armbar is crazy. you see it coming, you KNOW shes going for it. and you STILL get caught in it!!

Definitely, that armbar is an unstoppable train.

Please don't misunderstand what I was saying about KOTC, they do not have the quality production Zuffa has, you are correct when you say UFC puts on the best show. Brock Lesnar, sub par fighter that he is, put on a great show for them until they brought in a few quality HW's.

I'm not 100 percent sure what you're getting at but Zuffa has the highest level fighters in the sport who also put on the best fights and the company puts on a better show all around. Basically, they're the best and are better at everything. Smaller promotions don't really compare.

Great to see you posting here 98.

On another topic....Don't fall for the Ronda hype. Great girl, but she hogs the sheets, AND snores. Six of the worst months of my life. :cheers:

Great to see you posting here 98.

On another topic....Don't fall for the Ronda hype. Great girl, but she hogs the sheets, AND snores. Six of the worst months of my life. :cheers:

Great to see you too man...and good to have some inside info on Ronda :cool3:

Henderson/Edgar II this Saturday, but I'm actually looking more forward to Cerrone vs Guillard. I think they match up well together.

I have liked Cerrone since before his epic first match with Henderson in WEC, a match I thought he won. Kid has heart. I was happy to see him get a couple of co-Main Event fights now but was very disappointed by his outing against Diaz. I thought he matched up well against Diaz. He has the ground game to have had a great battle with Nate. He just didn't look like he had the hunger I once saw him have, like he had against Varner. I don't know if he got wrapped up in Diaz's games and stiff jab or something was else was going on, but he did not look like himself in that fight.

If he can put together a good showing against Guillard, it will be interesting if they get him in the ring with Lauzon while we wait to see if Diaz gets the winner of Saturday's fight.

I thought he matched up well against Diaz. He has the ground game to have had a great battle with Nate. He just didn't look like he had the hunger I once saw him have, like he had against Varner. I don't know if he got wrapped up in Diaz's games and stiff jab or something was else was going on, but he did not look like himself in that fight.

A few things - Cerrone is fighting in front of his home crowd, he's fighting against his former training partner, and this stat : 9 out of 10 Guillard losses were by submission, while 13 of 18 of Cerrone's wins were by submission.

So, I think those few factors are enough to motivate Cowboy

I'm looking forward to this tonight.

A few things - Cerrone is fighting in front of his home crowd, he's fighting against his former training partner, and this stat : 9 out of 10 Guillard losses were by submission, while 13 of 18 of Cerrone's wins were by submission.

So, I think those few factors are enough to motivate Cowboy

I hope so. I am a fan of Cowboy, he's trains with the best and has potential. I was just disappointed with his performance against Nate Diaz. That was a fight I felt he could win, but he didn't even seem to try to take it to the ground.

I would like to see he and Henderson fight again.

I hope so. I am a fan of Cowboy, he's trains with the best and has potential. I was just disappointed with his performance against Nate Diaz. That was a fight I felt he could win, but he didn't even seem to try to take it to the ground.

His most recent fight was a UD win against Jeremy Stephens, but I didn't see how he looked in that one, did you ?

I forget what card that was on but I missed it. It was one of those cards that had like 34 fights on it if I remember correctly.

I think Cowboy takes the fight in a submission.

I think Henderson chokes Frankie out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.