• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Mock Drafts Thread

I can't believe for a second Tyron Smith will be passed by if he is available and we don't trade down. He is the bookend that automatically makes our line better and puts in to place a 6-8 year stretch of quality tackles on both sides of the O-line.

Here is the point I rarely see discussed as well. If our offensive line is better, our run game will invariably get better. If our run game is better, we will be able to eat chunks of the clock. This automatically makes the defense better since they will see the field less and less.

Honestly, there are going to be so many 'potentially' good players at 10, it will be hard to go wrong. If we draft, Tyron smith, Amukamara or anybody else, it will fill a need. We are littered with needs.

Any pick in the top 10, if all goes as planned, should fill a hole for several years.

Honestly, there are going to be so many 'potentially' good players at 10, it will be hard to go wrong. If we draft, Tyron smith, Amukamara or anybody else, it will fill a need. We are littered with needs.

Any pick in the top 10, if all goes as planned, should fill a hole for several years.

I get that, but I am an O-line first guy. It would be nice to trade downm pick up an additional pick and deal with interior line with a player like Pouncey or later in the Draft like Wisniewski or Hudson, but the prospect of having two quality, young tackles in place is too good to pass up if we can't trade down. I truly believe a quality O-line makes every aspect of the team better. I think it will make Rex Grossman better by giving him the time he needs to make fewer rushed judgment mistakes.

Oh, I agree with you about o-line first. I think you have to take care of the lines on both sides of the ball. I believe that is the first step into building a solid franchise. I would also add outside LB in the 3-4 scheme. The pressure from the D-line would make the CB's that much better.

If I were making the decision, I would definitely draft Smith over Amukamara. No arguments here. I am just saying that almost any pick there will be valuable. Of course, I want to see some great work ethic from a top ten pick.

I almost agree with Snyder when he says a top ten pick needs to be a perennial pro-bowler. If a top ten pick is a solid addition to the team and can be here for years to come, then I think it is a success. For example, I know Carlos has a bad rep, but if you look back at that draft, I think he would be a top ten pick even today. Now, he might be # ten on that list, but top ten none the less.

Also, I would rather see a big boy or LBer at that position. The only position I would be happy with outside the lines or LBer would be QB. But honestly, I do not know that there is a QB worth the 10th overall pick. I am high on Ponder at the moment. But, if the Shanny's were to take Locker at that postion, well I might not agree, but at the same time I will tell myself; "they know more than I do."

Last edited:
Oh, I agree with you about o-line first. I think you have to take care of the lines on both sides of the ball. I believe that is the first step into building a solid franchise. I would also add outside LB in the 3-4 scheme. The pressure from the D-line would make the CB's that much better.

If I were making the decision, I would definitely draft Smith over Amukamara. No arguments here. I am just saying that almost any pick there will be valuable. Of course, I want to see some great work ethic from a top ten pick.

I almost agree with Snyder when he says a top ten pick needs to be a perennial pro-bowler. If a top ten pick is a solid addition to the team and can be here for years to come, then I think it is a success. For example, I know Carlos has a bad rep, but if you look back at that draft, I think he would be a top ten pick even today. Now, he might be # ten on that list, but top ten none the less.

Also, I would rather see a big boy or LBer at that position. The only position I would be happy with outside the lines or LBer would be QB. But honestly, I do not know that their is a QB worth the 10th overall pick. I am high on Ponder at the moment. But, if the Shanny's were to take Locker at that postion, well I might not agree, but at the same time I will tell myself; "they know more than I do."

I'm hoping rumors abt Miami trading up with us to nab a QB over Minn are true. a third or even a second (I know not likely) would be nice.......

Don't believe anything you hear in the month of April. It is all lies and positioning. There are two rumors out there that the Skins are trying to trade 'up' with the Broncos to #2, so we can select Gabbert. Mark Ingram's agent is spreading the rumor that the Skins are interested in him at 10.

I think there is 0% chance of either happening. How the heck are we going to trade up, especially when we have limited picks? We couldn't even get a deal done from #4 to #1 last year. And yeah...our most needy position is HB.....

I just wish the draft would get here already, like every year since I have been a part of Redskins' message boards, so all the speculation can end!

edit: It's fun to a point, but by the middle of April it is tired and frustrating to hear all the "experts", but also refreshing when most of them are wrong, especially Jason LaConfora last year on NFL Network for the first time. :laugh:

I agree. I thought the draft was next weekend. I was reminded yesterday that it was still a couple of weeks away. UGHH!!!

I read that Mike Mayock is taking over as commentator for Joe Theismann next year on the NFL Network. That may be a relief. I have always hated the NFL Network cast.

I love Theisman as a player but as an announcer... scary!

I don’t mind Prince at ten either then we let Carlos go. We upgrade the defense (better hands and younger) plus we would get a complementary pick for him in 2012.

I think the big question for the Skins in the draft this year is, of course,QB. Will Shanny take QB in this draft? I say "yes". I just don't see him going into the season without our young QB of the future. Who does he love? Mallett? Locker? Ponder? I could easily see a scenario where he trades back from ten and then moves back up in the second round. Getting a great defensive player in round one and getting the QB in two. Think about Cameron Jordon in round one and our future QB in round two.

Personally Kaepernick is growing me. Athletic, great arm and good character.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I feel we will go with a QB somewhere in first two rounds. This is first time I've seen Prince Amukamara going to us. With Carlos a FA it makes sense, but we have so many holes almost any spot makes sense.

A new rumor on ESPN has the Skins trading UP in the first round for a quarterback. I hope this isn't true!

I would bank on it not being true. The next two weeks are going to be filled with so much misinformation, you should not believe one rumor you hear.

Maybe the Skins are putting that word out there, but I highly doubt it is what they want to do. We have way too many holes. On top of that, what are we going to trade? All of our 2012 picks? Highly unlikely. We will stay where we are or trade down. I do not see a scenario where we will move up.

I hope you are right. I wouldn't mind seeing a scenario were we draft a QB but I wouldn't want to trade up to do it. Not to mention, I am just not a Gabbert fan.

You are not the only one that would be mad about a Gabbert trade. I told my wife, if she ever wants to see me very very angry, then she should pay attention to the draft in a couple weeks. If the Skins trade up and draft Gabbert, I may throw a few things in my house....I consider myself a pretty even keeled guy.

For next two weeks, especially week after next, you have to take everything with grain of salt. There will be so much disinformation leaked there is no way to tell the truth.

well.....I think it's just gonna be too tough (with the limited ammo we have) to address our profound QB probs in this draft. I vote go defense at 10 (preferably a Harrison like LB) and O-line in the second. then...we take a vacation while all the other teams grow stronger in the early rounds...only to return and draft a RB in the 4th and depth/"gem" WR in the other later rounds.

let's hope

1) they have the makings of a deal for McNabb already worked out for a 2012 draft pick

2) they have targeted some O-linemen FAs

we grab a bookend to Rak and a starting O-linemen in the draft...I'll be reasonably content given how they screwed things up by making bad bets last yr. the lack of any real options for QB is a real long-term concern....but what can you do?

anyone tracking 2012 QB prospects other than Luck?

I like Kellen Moore from Boise State but he probably isn't going to be much of an NFL option. As far as possible NFL QBs, Nick Foles from Arizona and Kirk Cousins from Michigan State.

I still like the trade down scenario better but if we can only have two picks in the first two rounds then I would say, Robert Quinn, Prince Amukamara, Julia Jones or Cameron Jordon in round one and Marcus Cannon from TCU or Rodney Hudson from FSU for the C/G position in round 2. I would also look at WR in round two if we don't take Jones in round one. Cobb, Smith or Hankerson.

It is wishful thinking but I wonder if Shanahan and Allen would actually not draft a QB in the 2011 draft? My option would be a free agent to go with Rex Grossman. That way when Rex has 11 INTs and 8 Fumbles in the first 6 games we can pull him for whoever as they have had chance to learn the offense by then.

***Now for my disclaimer - I am that guy that thinks that Jake Locker will be a Redskin. While I am not as high on Locker as I used to be, my mind hasn't changed that he will be drafted by the B & G

If we could get a franchise QB with pick #10, I'd be all for it. We need one and eventually we'll have to get one. Problem is, in today's NFL, any college QB with an ounce of talent is so overhyped by the time we get to the draft, getting one with anything lower than the 3rd or 4th pick is nearly impossible.

I think the biggest dilemma for our Redskins is, we aren't willing to have the kind of season it takes to get a top 3 pick. And we aren't willing to trade most of a draft for 'the guy' either. So how we ever hope to find our franchise QB under those circumstances eludes me. We have only 2 chances - one - to virtually ignore the QB position and build the best supporting cast in the NFL (starting with the offensive line) so Joe Average looks like Montana back there, or two - to get lucky with a late round QB selection.

Do you guys think there is any chance of us taking Fairley at ten if he drops to us? Haynesworth Jr. say it isn't so.

Last edited:
Latest mock from PFW via Yahoo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A2KJ3CZP3axNIhcAJfpNbK5_?slug=pfw-20110415_2011_mock_draft_50

1. Carolina Panthers
Marcell Dareus | DL | Alabama

2. Denver Broncos
Von Miller | DE | Texas A&M

3. Buffalo Bills
Cam Newton | QB | Auburn

4. Cincinnati Bengals
A.J. Green | WR | Georgia

5. Arizona Cardinals
Blaine Gabbert | QB | Missouri

6. Cleveland Browns
Robert Quinn | DE | North Carolina

7. San Francisco 49ers
Patrick Peterson | CB | LSU

8. Tennessee Titans
Nick Fairley | DT | Auburn

9. Dallas Cowboys
Tyron Smith | OT | USC

10. Washington Redskins
Julio Jones | WR | Alabama
Mike Shanahan's offense is best with a a big, strong, physical West Coast receiver who can create after the catch, and there are none better suited for his system this year than Jones.

11. Houston Texans
Prince Amukamara | CB | Nebraska

12. Minnesota Vikings
QB Jake Locker | QB | Washington

13. Detroit Lions
Jimmy Smith | CB | Colorado

14. St. Louis Rams
Cameron Jordan | DL | California

15. Miami Dolphins
Ryan Mallett | QB | Arkansas

16. Jacksonville Jaguars
J.J. Watt | DE | Wisconsin

17. New England Patriots (from Oakland)
Anthony Castonzo | OLT | Boston College

18. San Diego Chargers
Aldon Smith | OLB | Missouri

19. New York Giants
Mike Pouncey | OG-C | Florida

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Ryan Kerrigan | DE | Purdue

21. Kansas City Chiefs
Gabe Carimi | OT | Wisconsin

22. Indianapolis Colts
Corey Liuget | DT | Illinois

23. Philadelphia Eagles
Nate Solder | OT | Colorado

24. New Orleans Saints
Muhammad Wilkerson | DE | Temple

25. Seattle Seahawks
Andy Dalton | QB | TCU

26. Baltimore Ravens
Derek Sherrod | OT | Mississippi State

27. Atlanta Falcons
Adrian Clayborn | DE | Iowa

28. New England Patriots
Mark Ingram | RB | Alabama

29. Chicago Bears
Marvin Austin | DT | North Carolina

30. New York Jets
Akeem Ayers | OLB | UCLA

31. Pittsburgh Steelers
Aaron Williams | CB | Texas

32. Green Bay Packers
Justin Houston | OLB | Georgia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.