• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Caps/NHL Playoff Stretch Thread

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date
Here's the thing - yes, Boudreau's job should probably be in serious jeopardy, however the players need to be held accountable as well. The young guns have had 4 years together now, they should be beyond the whole "disappearing in the playoffs" thing by now. Semin & Green disappeared for the Tampa series, and Backstrom was invisible for most of the playoffs. He made some nice defensive plays and had two assists, but also was responsible for several turnovers that lead to goals.

Defensively, the Caps reverted back to their pre-8 game losing streak form. Why? I have no idea. Losing Wideman was a huge factor I believe. And Poti should be taken into a pasture and shot...Jesus Christ, man! You had like a zillion years to recover! Man the **** up!

Where the fault lies with Boudreau IMO is his lines, and the PP. One of the mysteries of the playoffs was why Ovechkin continued to run the point - It. Wasn't. WORKING. I think BB switched it up once - unacceptable. Also, the Arnott/Semin/Laich line was dominant in the regular season, and they played exactly 0 minutes and 0 seconds in the playoffs. Wait...whaaaaa????

Another May, another head-scratching playoff series loss. Tampa is a good team, don't get me wrong - but good enough to SWEEP the Capitals? No, no they are not.

That's two years in a row where we have seen this team fail in the playoffs. It's on BB and it is time for a replacement. There are several good candidates out there - it needs to be done tomorrow.

Who would you replace him with?

There's a typo in the title of this thread. It should be Capitals Playoff Wretch.

What a pukey performance.

Sorry about the result guys.

I will just say - BB can't make Green, Semin and Backstrom "undisappear." He can't make Poti and Wideman healthy again, and he can't make Johansson and Carlson and Alzner NOT hit the rookie wall...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.