• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Moss Contract Likely Voided

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e28fd8/article/veteran-wr-moss-contract-with-redskins-will-void-this-week?module=HP_headlines

For those of you who think it's time to let him go, you could get your wish. I am for allowing him to test the FA if/when the CBA gets done. He will likely see the market is not as giving as he'd like, especially with a fair list of WR's this year in FA.

However, I would like to see him re-signed if he will sign to a reasonable contract. He could still be affective in the slot. He dropped a few this year that were crushing, but he also caught a fair number of critical 3rd down conversions as well. I think this move shows we are not willing to sign him to a big contract.

Last edited:
He wont be back is my prediction. I have loved Santana, but he will find a team willing to pay him more than we will. I hope that we are not counting on Armstrong being anything near our number one WR, he's best suited as a 3. Not sure who we will end up with, but I doubt Santana will be on the team.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

He wont be back is my prediction. I have loved Santana, but he will find a team willing to pay him more than we will. I hope that we are not counting on Armstrong being anything near our number one WR, he's best suited as a 3. Not sure who we will end up with, but I doubt Santana will be on the team.

Could this mean Julio Jones is a target at the 10 pick?

Hmmmm...if Taylor, Miller and Jones are all still sitting there at #10 do we throw darts at a board?

Hmmmm...if Taylor, Miller and Jones are all still sitting there at #10 do we throw darts at a board?
Haven't seen a lot on Taylor, but I know you and a couple of the other guys are high on him. With the needs we have, who knows? But I would have to say Von Miller. Immediate need filled. Jones is likely 2 years away from being the receiver we need him to be.

Agree, El. Can't imagine why, but I am a little skittish on taking a WR with a high draft pick. We have so many needs on both sides of the ball, I would rather go with something with less perceived risk.

There are several WRs set to be free agents once the CBA gets worked out. Including V Jackson, S Rice, Holmes and Edwards. So that might change our mind on Julio Jones. Of course unless there is a answer to the CBA by the draft we will have no idea who we can get in free agency.

I like Taylor a lot but I think he would be a little to much of a reach at #10 overall. Nose tackles don't hit free agency so I think it will be a position we have to address in the draft.

Armstrong best suited as a #3 ? For a no name, working his way up from obscurity, he had a great rookie season. He's at the least a solid# 2, and given another season to progress, he could be our Moss of the past.

I hope we can get Moss back for a fair price, and keep him in the slot.

I say part ways with Santana Man. He's past his prime, and drops too many balls. And as I said in Bulldog's thread - a 32 year-old, 5'9 possession receiver is something this team does NOT need.

Chances are they will let him test the waters, then resign him at a savings.

Armstrong best suited as a #3 ? For a no name, working his way up from obscurity, he had a great rookie season. He's at the least a solid# 2, and given another season to progress, he could be our Moss of the past.

He did indeed have a great rookie season, I just don't see a super high ceiling on him. He was a VERY pleasant surprise, and I will continue to root hard for him. I am just not sure I see him as a number 1.

Armstrong best suited as a #3 ? For a no name, working his way up from obscurity, he had a great rookie season.

For a no name working his way up from obscurity, establishing himself as a solid #3 IS a great rookie season.

He's at the least a solid# 2, and given another season to progress, he could be our Moss of the past.

Moss should have never been a #1, so I hope Armstrong isn't forced to try and fill that roll too.

The Redskins haven't had a true #1 here since Henry Ellard. (You can count Westbrook if you like, but he was awful.)

What would be ideal would be to bring in a real #1 WR, move Moss to his rightful spot at #2 and keep Armstrong at #3. But as you say we'd have to get Moss for a fair price. He's a guy who relies on speed and he's not getting any younger, so if he demanded much of anything I'd let him walk and suck it up with Armstrong at the #2 spot for a little while longer.

But we need a #1. And that guy isn't currently on the team.

Moss is a good player and at 32 may have some productive years ahead of him. It all depends upon what you want him to do, where you line him up and what kind of other talent you bring in at wide receiver.

Would Moss be a great #2 next to a Larry Fitzgerald? Of course.

Would Moss be a good player to bring back as the #1 with Armstrong as the #2 with no other changes? No.

I agree that for MOSS there are better options that playing for a team that is just now recognizing that it has to tear the entire facade down and start over again.

He would be much better off in a place like Baltimore, Atlanta or Houston where the teams have established quarterbacks and he can play in the slot.

If we draft a receiver in the first round we might as well have hired Matt Millen, that's the type of asinine draft choice you can say that a GM during the draft "pulled a Matt Millen". We need the trenches too badly for any other thought.

I'd like to find a way to keep Moss here, but if there's better options in FA then we need to pursue those first. Moss had a great season but I'd offer nothing more than a 4 year deal structured so we could get out after 2 and with a reasonable but fair salary.

Well, whatever it takes to get a deal fair to the team, and him, I hope we get it done. He's far from perfect, but he's been a good Redskin, and I hope he's wearing the Burgundy & Gold again.

As a veteran player, he knows, and can line up at, all 3 WR positions to help create mismatches for our new #1 (coming soon to a training camp near you) in certain situations. Plays hard. Practices hard. No trouble in the locker.

I say we keep him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.