• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Movie Rewatchability Scale

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
The new Star Trek was just on, I watched it for the third time this afternoon with the older two kids. Lotso fun! Last night, the Dark Knight was on for the 100th time lately it seems, and i got sucked into that one too. Both rate about a 7 for me on the Rewatchability Scale. There will come a time when i don't enjoy them as much I'm sure, but for now, it's fun.

So what are the movies when you see them come on you stop and watch? what are your favorites?

Shawshank is up there for me. Planes Trains and Automabiles definitely qualifies, though i don't see it on as much any more. American Pie can still grab my attention. Yours?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Just about any Clint Eastwood film. I think that's a Man Rule or something

'The Edge' with Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin is one of those for me. It's got a little bit of everything for the healthy adult male. Sex (Elle Macpherson), monsters (a kodiak bear with a taste for humans), intrigue, and violence. I have watched it many times and will again.

I feel the same way about Shawshank and The Patriot.

I share the Shawshank Redemption sentiment. Although I have to say, I cannot watch it on a channel with commercials. I almost got sucked into the Patriot again the other night Boone. I knew I would not be able to stop watching and needed some sleep.

The one that has not been mentioned yet that I believe should be near #1 is Goodfellas. Just watched it again from start to finish for the 888th time. Definitely a 10 in the rewatchability.

Edit: Oh yeah...Sarge, you mentioned any Clint movie. Well, have you sat through Blood Work more than once? I can say I will never watch that one again.

:instigate:

Just about any Clint Eastwood film. I think that's a Man Rule or something

Same here, Sarge.

Also:

Red October

Jurassic Park

Godfather I and II

Silence of the Lambs

Barry Lyndon-(cinematography and music are incredible)

The Matrix-all three

Citizen Kane

The Seven Samurai

(I'm old, o.k.? Those last two are iconic.)

Chronicles of Riddick/Pitch Black-yeah, I'm a Vin Diesel fan

Pulp Fiction/KIll Bill I and II-Tarantino fan too.

Sarge mentioned Eastwood-my all time favorite is The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly-one of the best movies of any genre I ever saw.

I know, Mike, a lot of people rag Matrix Revolutions pretty hard but for some reason I find it kind of compelling, it's anti-climactic to an extent but the Warshovski Brothers botched the ending of the Matrix Reloaded by leaving everybody hanging without resolution. What appealed to me was the actual watching of an effort to fix a broken storyline-kind of an odd perspective perhaps, but I often picture the directors and actors, kind of a birds-eye-view-of-the-process when I watch a movie so the storyline is played on top of that scene going in my head. It was like the fascination you have watching an accident played back in super slow motion.

Say what you want, but I have to admit every spring when they air The Sound of Music, I usually sit down to watch it.

All three Lord of the Rings.

Anytime I'm flipping around and Rudy comes on, I end up watching the whole thing.

- Casablanca

- Patton

- Apocalypse Now

- Blade Runner (uncut version)

- Godfather

- Clockwork Orange

- Thunderball

- Gone With the Wind

- The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

- Henry V (Branagh)

- Hamlet (Olivier)

- Rashomon

- Citizen Cane

- Dr Strangelove

- Das Boot

- 2001: A Space Odyssey

- Dr Zhivago

- The Maltese Falcon

- Rebecca

- Wild Orchid... :) .....

- King of Hearts

- Army of the Dead......so silly it's funny! gimme some sugar baby!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anytime I'm flipping around and Rudy comes on, I end up watching the whole thing.

I love the last scenes in the stadium when the crowd is chanting: "HENRY. HENRY. HENRY. HENRY"....brings tears to my eyes every time! and then...when the B&G team carries Henry off the field on their shoulders - only time that has ever happened at B&G before or after. I totally break down!!

I love the last scenes in the stadium when the crowd is chanting: "HENRY. HENRY. HENRY. HENRY"....brings tears to my eyes every time! and then...when the B&G team carries Henry off the field on their shoulders - only time that has ever happened at B&G before or after. I totally break down!!

You suck. :rotflmao:

I musta missed that. Surely Henry didn't actually get the conservatives to admit they were wrong?

:)
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

- Casablanca

- Patton

- Apocalypse Now

- Blade Runner (uncut version)

- Godfather

- Clockwork Orange

- Thunderball

- Gone With the Wind

- The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

- Henry V (Branagh)

- Hamlet (Olivier)

- Rashomon

- Citizen Cane

- Dr Strangelove

- Das Boot

- 2001: A Space Odyssey

- Dr Zhivago

- The Maltese Falcon

- Rebecca

- Wild Orchid... :) .....

- King of Hearts

- Army of the Dead......so silly it's funny! gimme some sugar baby!

sometimes I forget how old you are. but I cant argue with most of your picks.

Debbie Does Dallas

Insatiable

Deepthr..........

Oh, um, never mind.

sometimes I forget how old you are. but I cant argue with most of your picks.

old?!!!!

nah. there was a time I played with a lotta silicon graphics machines when all of this stuff was coming together. wasn't very good at it....but I did get a glimpse into how things worked. while I respect the technical wizardry that goes into films these days......I find it often distracts from what film used to be all about......humans thrown into conflict and acting according to their inner logic......

film is one of the most manipulative mediums mankind has ever created. digitization makes it even more so. I find myself very often detached from films these daze - as I am more conscious of how the editor/director is working to manipulate my emotions through technology rather than plot and acting. but that's just me!

old?!!!!

nah. there was a time I played with a lotta silicon graphics machines when all of this stuff was coming together. wasn't very good at it....but I did get a glimpse into how things worked. while I respect the technical wizardry that goes into films these days......I find it often distracts from what film used to be all about......humans thrown into conflict and acting according to their inner logic......

film is one of the most manipulative mediums mankind has ever created. digitization makes it even more so. I find myself very often detached from films these daze - as I am more conscious of how the editor/director is working to manipulate my emotions through technology rather than plot and acting. but that's just me!

Just one minor quibble about terms, fansince.

"humans thrown into conflict and acting according to their inner logic......", inner logic? Nah, we're not like that-emotions trump logic in those situations, we may think we're being logical but that's usually a self-image protecting rationalization.

As far as the technological innovation-we're still early in the learning curve there, 300, for example, was actually fairly primitive graphically. Give it a few years and a next generation supercomputer and the ability to differentiate between CGI and real people on-screen will become a challenge.

old?!!!!

You didn't like Avatar either? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.