• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Movie Rewatchability Scale

Just teasing Al, I am the oldest mid thirties guy I know, I actually yelled at people to stay off my lawn this summer lol.

LOL! This reminds me of my next door neighbor in South Florida. I had a plush lawn. I did a good job of manicuring my lawn and keeping it as green as I could. But I just couldn't get it as nice as my neighbor's. The man used to vacuum his lawn clipping with a shop vac!

Another re-watchable movie, Used Cars.

I have a long standing war with my neighbour, he calls the bylaw officer on me on a monthly basis, so I return the favour quite often, and he has yet to get the better of me because I am sneakier than him. My favourite story is when he called the bylaw officer because my hottub was too close to my house, as the officer was leaving after warning me I pointed out that my neighbours car was rather far from the curb (his wife had just driven up and parked very poorly) I got a warning to move the hot tub in 30 days, they got a 150.00 ticket. I got a laugh. so in a way we all won.

I have a long standing war with my neighbour, he calls the bylaw officer on me on a monthly basis, so I return the favour quite often, and he has yet to get the better of me because I am sneakier than him. My favourite story is when he called the bylaw officer because my hottub was too close to my house, as the officer was leaving after warning me I pointed out that my neighbours car was rather far from the curb (his wife had just driven up and parked very poorly) I got a warning to move the hot tub in 30 days, they got a 150.00 ticket. I got a laugh. so in a way we all won.

:rotflmao:

I just can't see you in a situation like that Ryman. It just doesn't bode with the character we all know from the North. :psych:

Just one minor quibble about terms, fansince.

"humans thrown into conflict and acting according to their inner logic......", inner logic? Nah, we're not like that-emotions trump logic in those situations, we may think we're being logical but that's usually a self-image protecting rationalization.

As far as the technological innovation-we're still early in the learning curve there, 300, for example, was actually fairly primitive graphically. Give it a few years and a next generation supercomputer and the ability to differentiate between CGI and real people on-screen will become a challenge.

serv...didn't mean logic in the pure sense...meant "fate"..."destiny"

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand back to movies..

Who died and made you off-topic police? :movefast:

too funny! but you already knew I was going to puke on the politics in that one!

I knew before going in I needed to remain open minded so I made sure I saw it in 3D. It was much worse than I imagined!

My problem with Avatar stems less from the movie than the hype surrounding it. It was a graphics tour-de-force which is, I think, what Cameron was trying to do but it was portrayed by many as some kind of "bellweather" of movie-making, which it may have been in terms of the visuals but the plot was hackneyed and fairly trite. Had he combined the graphics chops with a breakthrough in plot or storyline incorporating something outside the norm or multiple sub-plots or a non-chronological approach such as Tarantino uses it would have been more interesting. It was a fun watch but it was essentially, to me at least, simply a cartoon on steroids.

it wasnt a bad movie by any definition, but Dances with wolves became dances with aliens and lots of people dont want to be reminded that their ancestors were in fact the bad guys in the story of the beginning of the united states and canada.

Watching LA Confidential now. Damn this is a fine movie. Really well crafted with great acting performances by Spacey, Pearce and Crowe. If you haven't seen it, check it out.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I don't remember anything about LA Confidential except Kim Basinger :)

Don't blame you, she's uhhh... special. You should rematch it sometime, hell of a movie.

I don't remember anything about LA Confidential except Kim Basinger :)

Not really one of those re-watchable movies, but if you like Kim Bassinger, you will love this movie! Oh, and a Jennifer Tilly bonus to boot!

Watching Bottle Shock now. Charming movie, delightful really. If you haven't seen it, you should.

Never heard of that one Goal - will have to investigate :)

Not really one of those re-watchable movies, but if you like Kim Bassinger, you will love this movie! Oh, and a Jennifer Tilly bonus to boot!

If you like Kim Basinger and Jennifer Tilly - the only movie to watch is the remake of 'The Getaway'. Very, very entertaining movie, and Kim Basinger at her Oscar-worthy finest. Alec Baldwin is great as well.

Never heard of that one Goal - will have to investigate :)

You should definitely check it out. Kind of an Indy film, about the taste test between French and Californian wines in 1976 that Napa Valley won. Hell of a cast too, with Chris Pine, Alan Rickman, Bill Pullman, Eliza Dushku and several other familiar faces. Can't help but stop and watch when it comes on. Just a lot of fun. Leaves you smiling most of the way through which I need these days...

If you like Kim Basinger and Jennifer Tilly - the only movie to watch is the remake of 'The Getaway'. Very, very entertaining movie, and Kim Basinger at her Oscar-worthy finest. Alec Baldwin is great as well.

Hahahahaha! I forgot to paste the link to my post! That was the movie I was talking about! Interwebz FAIL!

Watching Bottle Shock now. Charming movie, delightful really. If you haven't seen it, you should.

Actually, I enjoyed that movie very much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.