• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO 'Feature of the Day'

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use the chatrooms currently - you can 'invite' someone to a chat but only if they're on your friends list - and the alert to let that person know you are 'pinging' them is subtle. You can also see your friends with the 'Who's Online' option and private chat with someone by clicking on their name (although that feature seems a bit 'hinky' at times).

Good news is, the chatrooms appear to work flawlessly with all browser types. We hope that means a much higher quality experience for game day and other chats. The chat bar has a lot of nice features too, like allowing us to post pop-up announcements, one-click access to the main forums, page translation, and 'sharing' pages on all of the social media sites with just a couple of clicks.

Boone, I really appreciate the efforts you and everyone else involved in running this place are making to make THE place to be for Redskins fans even better.

Kudos, chum. Thanks. :)

I concur with the previous posts. Really like the new features. Thanks.

I don't know what a 'stackflow 88' error is - educate me :) I have found that it works better to click on the 'BGO Chatrooms' text to open and minimize the chatrooms, rather than the minimize symbol. I think all chat software is a little temperamental (at least that's been my experience). Hopefully this represents a significant improvement. Our previous one was pretty but we had constant issues with it.

Don't forget, if you click the arrows at the extreme right of the bar, you'll minimize the bar completely (for those who don't want to see it continuously).

Mike...when you get a chance, check and see if you're still having an error...we've made some tweaks...

yes sir, if i open the chatroom and then try to click the minimize button on the top right of it i get a "stack overflow at line: 88" error

Just a suggestion, but try just 're-clicking' on the 'BGO Chatrooms' link at the bottom instead. That seems to work more reliably than the minimize button does....

Man, the recruitment drive is a VERY generous offer. Thanks for doing it, and I'll be sure to see who I can dig up!

Oh, and my name is hog, and I was referred by MikeSr619. :)

Duly noted... :)
Been too long since I've seen that username pop up...

Mark (Om) and I are going to try and make a home game, and the Panthers game down here. Who knows - we may even successfully convince Pravda (Sol), Neo (Bob), and Henry (Henry:)) into joining us. Look forward to sharing a cold one with you.

49ers game would be a good one! Fiance has given me permission to go the day after our wedding and postpone our honeymoon just one day. LOL! Mike is coming in town for the wedding so we are headed to the game the next day.

Then she and I are going to FL to where I used to live to use it as a platform for a trip to Marcos Island, a tour through the Everglades, the Keys and St. Augustine. Oh yeah, it just so happens that the trip will coincide with a trip to Miami for the Redskins game! :laugh:

edit: relax guys, the real honeymoon will be to Ireland next summer for a 10 tour of the Island.

It's a little known, and too infrequently used little corner of BGO-dom. We call it BG Oracle, the 'Thinking Man's Redskin Forum'.

BGOracle.png

The idea is simple. Pose some grand, universal, life-impacting question. You know - the kind you once climbed Mount Parnassus in order to consult the Gods upon. Either that, or get the answer to that damn Redskins-trivia question you woke up at 3:30 in the morning trying to remember the answer to.

Once you've posed your question of all questions, the Gods...err...your fellow members will take their turn providing their esteemed wisdom and guidance.

'It is decidedly so'
'Reply hazy, try again'
'You may rely on it'
'My sources say no'
'Signs point to yes'

YOU decide which answer is a bolt from the Gods, wisdom of the ages, sage life-changing guidance. And you award the member providing said wisdom by selecting their answer as THE ANSWER.

The Oracle is wise. He has his eyes on us all. And he tracks the wisdom-nest of us by keeping score. The Universe demands it.

So give it a try. Gaze deeply into BG Oracle's crystal ball. Your efforts will be rewarded.

Last edited:
But Boone, what if you're not very smart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.