• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Teammates Wouldn't go to Bat for Roethlisberger With Goodell

Lanky Livingston

Ben Roethlisberger may win his third Super Bowl with the Steelers on Sunday — and perhaps his first with teammates who actually like him.

Peter King of Sports Illustrated writes in today’s Monday Morning Quarterback column that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell told him he talked to two dozen Steelers while he was deciding how to punish Roethlisberger at the beginning of this season, and to a man, Roethlisberger’s teammates declined to say anything supportive of their quarterback.

“Not one, not a single player, went to his defense,” Goodell told King. “It wasn’t personal in a sense, but all kinds of stories like, 'He won’t sign my jersey.’ ”

Click link for rest of article.

What a douchenozzle! I certainly hope the Steelers don't win on Sunday...I REEEEALLLLY hope they don't.

I don't get this part:

and perhaps his first with teammates who actually like him.

Aren't they the same players referenced from the beginning of the season?

Also, why would the commissioner be talking to his teammates? Seems weird.

Yeah, I didn't get that part either. I've gotta think its a typo.

I don't get this part:

and perhaps his first with teammates who actually like him.

Aren't they the same players referenced from the beginning of the season?

Also, why would the commissioner be talking to his teammates? Seems weird.

I think what they're saying is he's changed. When the commish interviewed teammates to find out more about him, they found him to be an unliked ass.

Now, having changed his behavior not only externally, but internally with his teammates, he is better liked, and thus it would be the first SuperBowl win with teammates that like him, as they didn't before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.