• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL Pickem: Final 2010 Results

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
The season's not over, but our 2010 BGO NFL Pickem Contest is. We have our top four finishers, and no amount of final game prognosticating can vault someone else to victory.

Congratulations to our champion Jimbo! While brother Neophyte technically prevailed in last season's contest, Jimbo was our official winner. Winning back to back contests, and maintaining his deathgrip on the coveted BGO Prophet avatar, is nothing short of impressive. Jimbo finished the 2010 season with a 66% accuracy rate!

In 2nd place, tugboat, who led the way throughout much of the early going in 2010, finished with a 65% accuracy rate.

In 3rd and 4th place respectively were Burgundy Burner and SNF, both of whom finished the year with a 64% accuracy rate.

In all, we had twelve contestants who picked at least 60% of games correctly. Watch out Vegas!

Finally, although we offered a prize for the contestant who picked every game in a given regular season week correctly, no one achieved that milestone. We did see The Omniscient approach perfection in Week 13, however, racking up a 15-1 performance. Only a Raiders upset of the the Chargers ruined what would have been a perfect week. So, because we're cool, we're going to send a lovely BGO hat your way too Omniscient one :)

Thanks to everyone for playing the 2010 BGO NFL Pickem Contest! We had a blast and hope you all did as well. Prizes will go out shortly, so if our five winners would private message me your full names and mailing addresses, I would appreciate it.

For full 2010 BGO NFL Pickem Contest results, click HERE

Congratulations Jimbo!
gold_cup.gif

And congratulations as well to tugboat
silver_cup.gif
and Burgundy Burner
bronze_cup.gif

Jimbo, my hero! Congrats! I'll be back next year for the trophy!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Congrats to the winners.

Does this mean we're gonna see you guys on some obscure, late night TV program pimping your talents?

What time/channel?

nice we have a cleo on the forum. does jimbo have a jamaica accent too?

No mon, I'm ole about da 'Merican english. ;)

Thanks for the congrats. Nice to wear the :crown: again and thanks to Boone for keeping the running tally as the season wore on. Mucho fun! :thewave:

I'm just glad the thing went smoothly. The software is, generally, cool as hell. I still have nightmares about accidentally deleting season results, that kind of thing. Thankfully, other than a couple minor gaffes, things have gone smoothly.

Btw, although he didn't finish in the top 4, props to servumtuum (who was also a prize winner last season!) for his 66% accuracy rate. Had he not missed a week, we'd likely still be waiting to announce a 2010 winner :)

Congratulations Jimbo-great job, man.

Boone, I was flat laid out with a nasty case of bronchitis for about 9 days is why I missed a week. These things happen. This season was the toughest to pick I have seen in a long time-I have absolutely no idea how my percentage got that high other than pure dumb luck.

Now, I need the NFLPA, owners and Goodel to get their damn acts together and get a new CBA in place so we can do this again next season.

Think of it, it might be an 18 game season too.

Fun, huh?
:whoknows:

Congratulations Jimbo-great job, man.

Boone, I was flat laid out with a nasty case of bronchitis for about 9 days is why I missed a week. These things happen. This season was the toughest to pick I have seen in a long time-I have absolutely no idea how my percentage got that high other than pure dumb luck.

Now, I need the NFLPA, owners and Goodel to get their damn acts together and get a new CBA in place so we can do this again next season.

Think of it, it might be an 18 game season too.

Fun, huh?
:whoknows:

Nice job, Serv. 18 games, huh? More opportunities for that "dumb luck". ;)

Congrats Jimbo! :allhail: Once again you've sent us home with our tails betwixt our legs...no small feat against this field.

Great job everyone and many thanks to Boone for running things and putting up with my last minute picks. :notworthy:

Gah...missed a couple weeks this year, and blew it early. Next season, Jimbo - next season! Congrats on keeping the prophet avatar - I'm still waiting for my BGO Fantasy Football Champion avatar! :)

That was a lot of fun! I can't believe how much I cared about stupid games between cellar-dwellers this year!

That was a lot of fun! I can't believe how much I cared about stupid games between cellar-dwellers this year!

Yeah-and especially when those "cellar-dwellers" developed the annoying habit of occasionally knocking off division contenders. Woof!

Yeah-and especially when those "cellar-dwellers" developed the annoying habit of occasionally knocking off division contenders. Woof!

And very FEW of us had the cajones to pick 'em. Lots of "raised eyebrows" this past season.

And very FEW of us had the cajones to pick 'em. Lots of "raised eyebrows" this past season.

That's one reason why I so hope there's a CBA done on time. I sense that next season we may see some realignments in some divisions vis-a-vis who are going to be the "power teams."

...and perhaps if we play our cards right and get a bit lucky, those new "power" teams might include the Skins for a change. :kick_can:

Congrats to Jimbo. :)

Tried to go against the grain the last few weeks and it was close. Jets nearly came back. Bears nearly came back with a 3rd string QB. Baltimore coming oh so close against the Stinkers. Eagles nearly pulling it out against the Packers. But "almosts" is the same thing as an "L".

See ya next year! :clap2:

66%? Well done, sir!

I thought I had an outstanding year in our Star-Tribune Pick'em league over on the Packer site I frequent. I hit 174/267 (65%) for first place in our league and finished in the top 1% for the site and nationally. Woohoo!

http://startribune.profootball.upickem.net/profootball/fans/ExpandedStats.asp?AffiliateID=MINN&UserID=ArmyPB&returnmode=LEADERS

Think I may give this site a try next year if you've got room for another. Sounds like some really good competition!

Oh, and don't bust my chops over it being a Viking newspaper site. It wasn't my idea. :anonymous:

Come onboard APB...we have a lot of fun. I WILL be settling up with prize winners soon - we won't make you wait a lifetime like we did last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.