A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Happy Hour starts in five minutes.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 133
  1. #1
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-16-09
    Location
    CTU
    Posts
    3,080
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

    Default Abercrombie Admits There Are No Obama Birth Records In Hawaii

    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvrb7YqdvxE[/video]

    This really isn't funny anymore. We may well have a foreigner in the presidents office
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Formerly known as ...............Sarge

  2. #2

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Posts
    7,590
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    good point Mike. That's what's strange to me. I always felt this was a distractor...the man...for better or for worse...was elected. let's get on with the business at hand. but the refusal to produce ANY records about birth, college...the many gaps in his autobiography......they have allowed this to fester. why not nip it all in the budd from day 1?

    there is a theory circulating in some quarters that this is a trap: allow the conspiracy advocates to gain momentum and then produce a valid long form just before the next election discreditting the birthers and garnering a sympathy uptick. sounds totally wack to me.....but the whole situation is bizarre to begin with.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  3. #3
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-16-09
    Location
    CTU
    Posts
    3,080
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

    Default

    The "crazy birthers" have already done as much as they can. The only person that can put it to rest is Obama.

    I'm a little surprised that Abercrombie even brought it up. He's not stupid, although he is an old hippy pot smoker from the 60's. But just a week ago one of the officials in Hawaii was saying they have the form but can't release it. Now Abercrombie says it doesn't exist at all

    Someone in congress needs to step up. Military guys have lost their careers to this issue, laws and programs have been enacted that most of America doens't agree with.

    It's time to settle it
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Formerly known as ...............Sarge

  4. #4
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-16-09
    Location
    CTU
    Posts
    3,080
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    good point Mike. That's what's strange to me. I always felt this was a distractor...the man...for better or for worse...was elected. let's get on with the business at hand. but the refusal to produce ANY records about birth, college...the many gaps in his autobiography......they have allowed this to fester. why not nip it all in the budd from day 1?

    there is a theory circulating in some quarters that this is a trap: allow the conspiracy advocates to gain momentum and then produce a valid long form just before the next election discreditting the birthers and garnering a sympathy uptick. sounds totally wack to me.....but the whole situation is bizarre to begin with.
    Here's the deal. A couple of years ago, before the paper folder, the Honolulu Advertiser rana story about a woman who had her daughters in the same hospital and aroudn the same time as Obama was supposedly born there. unfortunately, it created more stories than it settled.

    Look closely at the birth certificates that this lady displayed


    [video]http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/dailypix/2009/Jul/28/hawaii907280345V3_b.jpg[/video]

    http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...907280345.html

    [video]http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/dailypix/2009/Jul/28/M1139416728.GIF[/video]

    See all the information? See the signatures?

    Now look at what Obama posted

    http://fightthesmears.com/articles/5/birthcertificate

    When Obama posts one that looks like the one in that story, I'll shut up

    Now, how he's going to do that since Abercrombie and the Hawaiian officials have changed their stories is another question..............
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Formerly known as ...............Sarge

  5. #5

    Join Date
    02-01-10
    Location
    Waynesboro, VA
    Posts
    9,169
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    65
    James Madison

    Default

    I would guess that if he produced a valid BC, none of you three gentlemen would change your vote for him, nor would any of the conspiracy theorists (Mike's term, not mine). So why bother? Why not spend his time concentrating on the people in the middle, like me, who voted for McCain? See if he can change our votes, time better spent.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    OLine. DLine. Secondary.

  6. #6
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-16-09
    Location
    CTU
    Posts
    3,080
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goaldeje View Post
    I would guess that if he produced a valid BC, none of you three gentlemen would change your vote for him, nor would any of the conspiracy theorists (Mike's term, not mine). So why bother? Why not spend his time concentrating on the people in the middle, like me, who voted for McCain? See if he can change our votes, time better spent.
    I wouldn't vote for him because he's a socialist. That much has been confirmed.

    But we have a serious issue here, at least to some of us. The fact that he had his records sealed and refuses to divulge information required by the Constitution is a grave matter for this country
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Formerly known as ...............Sarge

  7. #7

    Join Date
    02-01-10
    Location
    Waynesboro, VA
    Posts
    9,169
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    65
    James Madison

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I wouldn't vote for him because he's a socialist. That much has been confirmed.

    But we have a serious issue here, at least to some of us. The fact that he had his records sealed and refuses to divulge information required by the Constitution is a grave matter for this country
    OK, I'll bite. How so? You changed my mind on homosexuals in the military, at least while in a time of war.

    Do it again!



    The caveat to all this is that I agree that if he has the documents, just produce the damned things and be done with it. Not sure why he hasn't done this, if and only if to shut everyone up.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    OLine. DLine. Secondary.

  8. #8
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-16-09
    Location
    CTU
    Posts
    3,080
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goaldeje View Post
    OK, I'll bite. How so? You changed my mind on homosexuals in the military, at least while in a time of war.

    Do it again!



    The caveat to all this is that I agree that if he has the documents, just produce the damned things and be done with it. Not sure why he hasn't done this, if and only if to shut everyone up.


    Because he either does not have them, or he's screwing with people when he's supposed to be leading

    Did you see the differences between the two links I posted?
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Formerly known as ...............Sarge

  9. #9

    Join Date
    02-01-10
    Location
    Waynesboro, VA
    Posts
    9,169
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    65
    James Madison

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Because he either does not have them, or he's screwing with people when he's supposed to be leading

    Did you see the differences between the two links I posted?
    Yes, there are substantial differences, no doubt. I guess I wonder why it is an earth-shattering problem? There are any number of reasons why he might have had to get a new birth certificate. Lord knows we have had to get new documents several times for some of the kids because we lose them. Frankly, it seems like an excuse to hate him more, and to not work with him, a distraction if you will.

    My comment would be that it doesn't seem like those who are in that camp don't need much more ammunition.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    OLine. DLine. Secondary.

  10. #10
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-16-09
    Location
    CTU
    Posts
    3,080
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goaldeje View Post
    I guess I wonder why it is an earth-shattering problem?
    Uh, because the Constitution says you need to be a citizen
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Formerly known as ...............Sarge

  11. #11

    Join Date
    04-12-09
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    4,678
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    It would be against the law for Abercrombie to release any information without Obama's consent, but he just happened to tell this reporter he couldn't find anything?
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  12. #12
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-16-09
    Location
    CTU
    Posts
    3,080
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    It would be against the law for Abercrombie to release any information without Obama's consent, but he just happened to tell this reporter he couldn't find anything?
    The Privacy Act of 1974 forbids the release of what's called "first party" information by anyone except that party themselves. Even if Abercrombie went to the vault where this mythical birth certificate is kept, he wouldn't be able to see it himself without Obama's permisson. Obama is the only one that can authorize release
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Formerly known as ...............Sarge

  13. #13

    Join Date
    04-12-09
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    4,678
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Oh noes! They got to Evans!!!

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...r-obama-birth/

    On the morning of Jan. 20, Evans says he accidentally told one of those radio stations -- KQRS -- that he’d spoken directly with Gov. Abercrombie about the Obama birth certificate.

    “I was on 34 radio stations that morning. That was the only station where I said, instead of saying ‘the hospital said there’s no birth certificate’ I misspoke and said Neil said that,” Evans said. “I misspoke and I apologize for that. I apologize to Neil.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  14. #14

    Join Date
    04-12-09
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    4,678
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Semantics?

    The reporter said he spoke directly to the governor. That this is such big news because the governor is such great friends with Obama and even HE couldn't find anything.

    Now it turns out the reporter read a story that said some former elections clerk said something about not finding anything.

    I don't think the difference is insignificant, and I don't think such grotesque embellishment adds credibility to the birther movement at all.

    Here's the article, by the way. There's absolutely nothing new in it.

    http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=252833
    Last edited by Henry; 01-26-11 at 05:01 PM.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  15. #15
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-16-09
    Location
    CTU
    Posts
    3,080
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Great. So now the hospital says there's no birth certificate instead of Ambercrombie. Fact remains, there is no birth certificate or Obama won't release his birth certificate

    How do you "mis-speak" like that anyway?
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Formerly known as ...............Sarge

  16. #16

    Join Date
    04-12-09
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    4,678
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Great. So now the hospital says there's no birth certificate instead of Ambercrombie. Fact remains, there is no birth certificate or Obama won't release his birth certificate

    How do you "mis-speak" like that anyway?
    Actually, that's not what the article says. It says that

    WND has also reported that Tim Adams, a former senior elections clerk for the city and county of Honolulu in 2008, has maintained that there is no long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate on file with the Hawaii Department of Health and that neither Honolulu hospital – Queens Medical Center or Kapiolani Medical Center – has any record that Obama was born there.
    Tim Adams has been saying this for two years. This is not some new revelation.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  17. #17

    Join Date
    04-12-09
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    4,678
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    And honestly, you are all birthers now?

    Really?
    Last edited by Henry; 01-26-11 at 06:05 PM.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  18. #18

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,516
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    Not to stir the pot or anything, but where was this outrage when Bush (Jr. or Sr.) didn't present a birth certificate? Clinton? Reagan? Mike, you say Clinton & Carter didn't have this issue - how do you know? What if it never was an issue b/c they're white w/ southern accents? I'm not saying you're racist, I'm just saying that the possibility exists that its only an issue to begin with because he's black (or a socialist, take your pick). Think about this: what if someone during the 1992 elections put forward the charge that Clinton was born in France, and wasn't actually a citizen? He'd have been laughed out of the building, and national news would have never covered it, IMO.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  19. #19

    Join Date
    04-12-09
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    4,678
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSr619 View Post
    what if clinton was born in france? thats a what if that was never asked so its just hypothetical.
    Why wasn't he asked?
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  20. #20

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,516
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    Jesse Jackson has never been asked because he's never had a legitimate shot to be president.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Birth of a Beer...
    By Boone in forum The 5 O'Clock Club
    Replies: 423
    Last Post: 01-01-19, 01:28 AM
  2. Birth to 10
    By Sarge in forum The 5 O'Clock Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-10, 08:19 PM
  3. Hawaii 5-0
    By Sarge in forum The 5 O'Clock Club
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-30-10, 01:46 PM
  4. Cake or Death? Birth of the PG 13 Rating
    By Goaldeje in forum Sons of Washington
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-23-10, 11:21 AM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •