• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Haynesworth Dilemma

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score
Haynesworth has to go. We know it, 31 other teams around the NFL know it. Haynesworth can almost feel being gone :laugh:

But if he is to be traded the Redskins need to seriously consider which team they send him to. I wouldn't send him to the Eagles unless they offered considerably more for him than anyone else.

And by that I mean they are offering a #2 pick and everyone else is offering a #4 or #5 pick.

If another club offers a pick in the same round or a similar package we should trade him out of division.

Even though the McNabb trade didn't come back to haunt the Eagles due to the lack of due diligence on the part of the Redskins, you can bet that Washburn and the Eagles front office know exactly what they are doing if they are aggressive about upgrading their interior DL with #92.

It's been bad enough here the past 2 years watching Haynesworth sucking oxygen or pouting on the bench.

The only thing that would be worse is watching another guy like Pierce or Arrington stay in the division and have these ongoing media feuds between player and organization that stretch out over several seasons.

Haynesworth needs to go, but in my mind he needs to go far away :)

If Haynesworth goes to any NFC team I'll be agitated with the FO. If they trade him within the division I'm suing for tramautic stress syndrome.

Definitely need to ship him to the AFC somewhere, preferably a non-contender. I want him to rot on the terrible Bills or something for the rest of his career.

Of course, in a perfect world, Shanny and Alfonso are visited in their dreams, by the same three ghosts.

The Ghost of Seasons Past, shows them both the careers they've had that propelled them into the upper echelon of their chosen fields. They are reminded of the work, sacrifice, and compromise they sometimes showed in getting there. They remember the hunger they held in the beginning, and how great that felt.

The Ghost of Season Present shows them the idiocy of their current chosen ways. Two bull headed alpha males, each willing to cut off his nose to spite his face, while simultaneously inferring the guilt lye's with the other. A wasted, fruitless year, that's left them both being questioned for the goals and motives. Both accused of putting money, and/or their egos, ahead of everything else, to the detriment of the organization as a whole. They're shown the unenviable position they now find themselves in. Immovable, unapologetic, and uncompromising.

The Ghost of Season's Future, shows a former two-time Super Bowl Championship Coach on the hot seat. Unable to bolster the talent level on a disaster of a defense from the previous year, making them incapable of helping an improved offense, mostly through familiarity, forced to answer questions about his job security before another playoffless season even ends.

And a former Pro Bowl defensive linemen, traded back to the Titans for a 7th rd pick. Out of shape, injured, and resting comfortably at the top of the "What If" pile of washed up players who never came close to realizing their full potential as football players, right next to Lavar, wondering how in the hell he got there.

They both wake up shaken, but enlightened. They each wonder to themselves, "How can I allow this to happen?"

And then they think, "I can't."

As Alfonso reaches for his cellphone, it begins to ring. Caller ID simply reads, Coach.

We learn of this miraculous night, on another miraculous night, as the two, together, hoist the Redskins 4th Lombardi trophy above their heads.

With the calls of, "Repeat! Repeat!" echoing through the locker room.

:cry:

To me, it's somewhat important that the Skins dictate where Haynesworth ends up. Cutting him really shouldn't be an option. I don't want him in Philly just in case he gets motivated. Like you said, BD, their offer would have to be WAY better than anything else we get but even then, I'd probably settle for a lot less just to send him to a non-contending AFC team.

To me, it's somewhat important that the Skins dictate where Haynesworth ends up. Cutting him really shouldn't be an option. I don't want him in Philly just in case he gets motivated. Like you said, BD, their offer would have to be WAY better than anything else we get but even then, I'd probably settle for a lot less just to send him to a non-contending AFC team.

Unfortunately, I think they lost that option when they didn't trade him before the 2010 season.

I think we could get a 7th for him. I would rather get that than see him twice a year in an Eagles uni.

Detroit would be far enough away for me. I just don't want to see him in Philly or NY with him being interviewed twice a year by ESPN about getting 'revenge' on the Redskins, etc.

I might be tempted to throw in a pick to have Detroit take him. :)

With Haynesworth & Suh on that D, Detroit might be a playoff team next season (if there IS a next season).

Schwartz and Washburn are the guys that see value here because they are the ones that can get him to play football.

for them a middle round pick is not much of a gamble.

for other teams that are not familiar with Haynesworth the risk is that much higher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.