• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Carson Palmer

Hog Fever

Vescere bracis meis
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Recent reports out of Cincinnati have Carson Palmer demanding a trade from the Bengals. He stated that if his trade demands are not met that he would retire. Close associates say this is not a bluff and that Carson has saved enough of his money to retire comfortably and never look back.

Soooooo……..what is the level of interest in Carson? (drops gas can and runs)

I have my thoughts on this but I'll save em' for now.

Pass. He is no longer a good QB, has never fully recovered from the injury against the Steelers a few years ago. Seems like a nice guy, but I think we just tried to assimilate an injury-prone aging QB with mixed (to be kind) results at best.

Such negativity. You’d think you guys have already been down this road before.

Pass. He is no longer a good QB, has never fully recovered from the injury against the Steelers a few years ago. Seems like a nice guy, but I think we just tried to assimilate an injury-prone aging QB with mixed (to be kind) results at best.

This. That knee injury a few years ago was nasty, and now he has elbow problems too. Maybe as a backup, but not to start

Well, I was trying to play board arsonist with this one but I can’t seem to find anyone to take the other side in this one.

Carson was an elite QB before the injury, but hasn’t looked the same since. In all fairness there may be other factors involved there that we aren’t aware of but it still raises a lot of red flags. It doesn’t make a whole lot of sense for us to bring in another aging QB with injury issues and questionable motivation. Once bitten.

If QB was the only ingredient this stew needed,.......maybe. That clearly isn't the case we have here in DC. Anyone who thinks it is hasn't been paying attention.

I agree we need more than a QB, HF, but I disagree that Palmer would be a solution if that was all we needed. He is done. I watched several early Bengals games this year and he seemed to throw the ball to the other team more than he did his guys. The other team just tried to make him look better by dropping the ball. Not a guy we want around.

The knee injury hurt him but the elbow injury destroyed his value as a starting qb, he doesnt seem to have the zip he used to and his accuracy seems to be affected too. if we could get him for a 6 maybe, because he would be still be a decent spot starter / backup.

Its too bad because he seemed on the way to being an elite QB.

Carson Palmer is another 30 year old quarterback that has taken a pounding behind a poor line for several years and like Mark Brunell is not going to be a guy that is effective into his middle to late thirties.

If Cerrato had still been here I honestly believe there would have been a chance the Redskins would have offered a #2 this year and perhaps another #2 next year to get him.

Isn't that sad? :(

But probably true.

Would you prefer Palmer or Cutler? Yesterday on sports radio it was brought up what does Bears do with Cutler now. They were saying had he worn out his welcome in Chicago?

This worries me. If he does come up for trade will Shanahan try to bring him here? The guy has the physical tools, but he rubs everyone the wrong way. For so many players around the league speak out about not playing says something. Right or wrong about not playing, his demeanor says he is not a leader and someone to rally the troops in time of adversity.

Now I'm not saying want Palmer either.

I hope to God the FO uses our draft picks for, you know, draft picks. If we trade for Cutler, i may throw something. Or Palmer for that matter. Cutler doesn't have anyone to throw the ball to in CHI, but i still think we have seen his ceiling. He makes poor decisions at inopportune times and pretty clearly isn't anytihing close to resembling a leader.

Pretty sure we already have Rex on our roster for that role.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Angelo can't get rid of Cutler after trading two #1 picks and signing him to a new contract. Not this soon.

A move like that would precipitate his own firing.

Who is going to give the Bears anything close to value for what Chicago gave up for Cutler in the first place?

In the trade market I don't see Cutler garnering more than a late #1 or #2 pick.

And he would probably have to restructure his contract.

So, how does that benefit the Bears?

Unless Caleb Hanie is really a Tom Brady off the bench and the Bears have a secret weapon in hand, Cutler is going to stay put :D

Carson did throw for 3900 yards and 26 TDs this year, but he also threw for 20 INTs. I think some team will decide the interceptions were an anomaly, and bring Carson in. I just hope it isn't the Redskins.

I don't think Mike Brown will trade Palmer. Even if he sits out, I think ultimately as AJ Smith did with Vincent Jackson, he will keep him on the roster for next season.

It might not be the smart move. Cincinnati is a club that is nowhere close to being a championship caliber team, it appears 2009 was an aberration.

By the time the Bengals get rebuilt to win it will probably be too late for the 31 year old Palmer, who still has value on the trade market.

But Mike Brown very rarely makes decisions strictly based on the football outcomes.

That's why the team has been this bad over this length of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.