• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Why this forum is the best Redskins forum I have found.

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
We argue, we disagree, sometimes we even have little scraps, but the quality of dialogue here is far above anything else I have found.

We have the stats nerds who spend piles of their own time searching and collating stats, We have the deep thinkers who ponder every small detail,we have the pollyannas who are positive optimists, and we have the long time fans who are viewing everything with a jaundiced eye. You get the full spectrum here.

The two threads by lanky and Kdawg are case in point, on other forums while people are screaming at eachother and namecalling daily right now instead of making points and arguing ideas, we have guys who make an argument and then actually spend time looking for stats to back up their ideas, even more importantly people here will actually make an actual argument, and then discuss it, and if they were mistaken they admit it and look at what they were arguing. I have learned more here in a few short months than at other forums in years.

I am as guilty as anyone for being adversarial sometimes but I really appreciate this place.

Hey, you forgot the passionate irrational types like me. :)

I know it might be wrong to think this way, but I'm happy for the slow growth here. People new to the site get to see how things go here, and assimilate nicely into the community.

Can't help but love the place.

Since we have a “what’s for dinner” thread in the 5 O’clock club, I’ll make a food analogy.

A site with too few new members or one that is too heavily moderated becomes Campbell tomato soup. It’s ok but kind of bland. You know what every one has to say.

A site that has grown too large and can’t be moderated, that is infested with trolls and overly emotional posters who can’t resist personal attacks is like the food you throw up after drinking too much. Not good at all.

What you want is a bouillabaisse. Each new poster retains his own distinct flavor, adding to the whole without any one ingredient overwhelming the overall flavor.

Mark, Bob, Sol, and I have worked hard to create an aesthetically pleasing internet watering hole for Redskins fans.

But you guys make the place.

You...errr....complete us....

Or something like that :paranoid:

Strange vaguely sexual/romantic comments from the owners aside, I love this place :)
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

This is a great place. Regardless if you particpate or lurk in many discussions that Ryman alluded to, you start to think outside the box. You learn from these healthy discussions.

But...have to give thanks to Sarge for bringing us back to the right and reality.

Yeah, if Boone wasn't such a prick, this place would be perfect.

Wait!

That was supposed to be...

Boone is such a Prince. This place is perfect.

What the hell was I thinking?

I enjoy this site as well. I haven't posted anything recently but I read it daily.

This part of the year are our winter doldrums...out of the playoff race, irrelevant, unsure whether to be relieved it's over, hopeful or pessimistic about the season to come...it's natural we all take a break from thinking about the Redskins.

But the draft looms and will be here soon enough. Life's glorious cycle begins anew :)

This is a great place. Regardless if you particpate or lurk in many discussions that Ryman alluded to, you start to think outside the box. You learn from these healthy discussions.

But...have to give thanks to Sarge for bringing us back to the right and reality.

ha!

and this place is great because sooner or later...for good reasons and bad.....someone is gonna make you laugh! and...as Redskin fans...one better have a sense of humor... :) .....

This part of the year are our winter doldrums...out of the playoff race, irrelevant, unsure whether to be relieved it's over, hopeful or pessimistic about the season to come...it's natural we all take a break from thinking about the Redskins.

But the draft looms and will be here soon enough. Life's glorious cycle begins anew :)

Ah, Spring. Is it a coincidence that the draft is held in April? I think not. I love April. Life begins anew, except here in Colorado when it waits until June. Baseball, the Masters (a tradition like no other) and the NFL Draft.

Until then, we still have plenty to talk AND bitch about. The looming lockout, a new CBA and the all-important draft speculation. Praying a new CBA is reached soon just so we'll also have Free Agency to talk about. :cool:

Poetry. Sheer poetry. :)

Poetry. Sheer poetry. :)

If only we could have John Facenda read it....

I can't agree more about this site. I read just about anything I can about the Redskins and I always seem to end up here...particularly during the off-season. BGO provides humor, insight and sentimentality like nowhere else. Time, or the lack of it, dictates how much or how little I post here.......but I always enjoy reading whatever I find on these pages. While this site continues to grow, it's still small enough that you can get a clear feel for each member's distinct and individual personality. For better or for worse.

Mostly for better.

Mostly. ;-)

In a discussion with my college roommate about fanhood in general, the topic came around to my attachment to the Redskins. More specifically, the amount of time I spend browsing forums, discussing the Skins, attending games...

"Well, you aren't a fan...you're a psycho!" he noted.

I laughed because I suspect that many members on this board and others have friends/significant others that have considered their Redskins addiction "psycho."

Redskins addiction isn't always the best affliction to come down with, but having a great place to discuss the Skins with other "psychos" is a good start :)

LMAO, I have had a girl call me a nutjob because " its just a game, and its not like you are playing anyway." I tried to explain that ITS WORSE because I am not playing as all I can do is cheer and hope.

:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

Boy, does THAT sound familiar! :bucktooth:

In a discussion with my college roommate about fanhood in general, the topic came around to my attachment to the Redskins. More specifically, the amount of time I spend browsing forums, discussing the Skins, attending games...

"Well, you aren't a fan...you're a psycho!" he noted.

I laughed because I suspect that many members on this board and others have friends/significant others that have considered their Redskins addiction "psycho."

Redskins addiction isn't always the best affliction to come down with, but having a great place to discuss the Skins with other "psychos" is a good start :)

where is the greater addiction.....Skins...or PSU football?

where is the greater addiction.....Skins...or PSU football?

For me it's the Skins, as it's been a lifelong thing. My PSU fanhood is actually a lot different, as I lived in Vienna until I was 5 and then moved to PA, bringing my father's Skins/VT fanhood with me. Before college, most of my PSU friends were Eagles fans and PSU football became negative by association. Being surrounded by Eagles fans in high school during the one period in their franchise history where they were consistently dominant was terrible, for some perspective on that.

But all you have to do is attend PSU to change all of that. Haha... even so, I am probably not considered a great fan, don't even really keep up with recruiting that much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.