• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Let the Haynesworth-Eagles speculation begin

BGO

When Washington tried to trade Albert Haynesworth last season, the only team that showed serious interest was his former squad in Tennesssee.* The thinking was that his old coaches Jeff Fisher and defensive line coach Jim Washburn knew how to handle him. The Redskins stupidly held out for a better draft pick, and Haynesworth didn’t…
b.gif

More...

I don't know about any of you but this idea scares the crap out of me. While I don't think Albert will ever again be the game in/game out terror he was for the Titans the season before he came to us, I have not doubt that he would get up to play any team coached by Mike Shanahan and turn in an all world performance every single time he sees the Skins.

I would not trade him to any NFC team, especially one in the division. While I get a slight chuckle at the thought of another East team going through what we did the last two years, with our luck we'll trade him to a team that rolls out the red carpet, beguiles him with Krispy Creme and let's him do what he wants, thus making him happy

He is scary when he's motovated to be

I would not trade him to any NFC team, especially one in the division. While I get a slight chuckle at the thought of another East team going through what we did the last two years, with our luck we'll trade him to a team that rolls out the red carpet, beguiles him with Krispy Creme and let's him do what he wants, thus making him happy

He is scary when he's motovated to be
exactly, this is why we are in a bad place

And if we have to release him, where do you think he will go? I know where I would go if I were him...

the thing is we are damned if we do and damned if we dont.

if we keep him and keep the 3-4 we set ourselves back and have another season of drama. if we trade him and he has a huge year yet again we look like jokes even if we get solid value for him (which we wont).

I can say where I would go if I were him but I think if released he goes to the eagles to be with the only coach he has ever gotten along with at the pro level (which would suck so very very much for us.) the Giants (who he almost went to when he was a FA) which would suck even more because that would give the Giants the best Dline in the history of the game (maybe early 90's eagles would be close) either scenario means we get to have him a motivated and angry AH playing us twice a year when we have a weak interior line and a center who cant block anyone.

He might go back to Tennesee but with washburn gone, the only draw is that he played college there as well as for the Titans.

I gotta say probably Eagles or Giants and that bugs me bigtime. I hate that we were so close so very close to having a dominant defence and we crapped it away based on someones stupidity and ego. I have been waiting for us to have that 1991 type of defence for so long.

Last edited:
And if we have to release him, where do you think he will go? I know where I would go if I were him...

I think it still has a lot to do with Reid, who showed little interest in the off season when we dangled him in the McNugget trade deal. Hard to say... Reid may have really wanted the pics over a player, or he knows Albertos MO, and just wanted to stay away from the headaches.

I'd deal him to a team on the west coast for little to nothing if I had my way.

I'd deal him to a team on the west coast for little to nothing if I had my way.

Agreed. I think it's as much about who we DON'T trade him to as it is who we DO trade him to. I think the FO would take less to send him far, far away and out of the NFC East.

The fact that Reid showed no interest in him before tells me he's not all that interested in him now. I'd rather send him to Detroit for whatever they'll part with.

There are only two things we know with absolute certainty.

Truth #1: The Redskins keep Haynesworth and for several seasons, he performs at a better-than-average level, is off the field as often as he is on it due to mystery injuries, and once a month like clockwork has some episode that seizes media attention requiring coaching focus. He's ultimately released.

Truth #2: The Redskins trade Haynesworth for, at best, a 5th round pick. He goes Jason Taylor on us, becoming a productive and game-changing member of ___________ (insert team here), making the key play in a game that determines our playoff chances in some future season. It happens even though he's traded to a team we only play once every five years.

Regardless of the above, I think you have to end the drama saga and trade him. I'd be fine taking a day two pick for him, but the key would be additional picks based on his performance on his new team. I don't see the Redskins trading him within the division unless there are no other suitors and they are forced to.

I'm with you Boone. The drama must end. Like you, I'd be willing to take a conditional 6th/7th, that his play could escalate.

Pro Bowl? Jumps to a 3rd rounder
DMVP? Jumps to 2nd.

Of course, I'd also like to buy the next multi-million dollar lottery ticket.

I see no rush to trade him, unless the offer is exceptional, and it's in the AFC. Just let him ride the bench until then.

I see no rush to trade him, unless the offer is exceptional, and it's in the AFC. Just let him ride the bench until then.
Up until the trade deadline, I agree. After that, we can't spare the roster spot.

Unless they expand roster sizes with the next CBA.

Up until the trade deadline, I agree. After that, we can't spare the roster spot.

Unless they expand roster sizes with the next CBA.

Well, I am probably alone with how I feel about this, but will post it here and see:

I'm not so concerned about the roster spot. We have several people holding roster spots who aren't that great. If they can hold spots, I don't see the huge harm in one more. Now, I'd like all of the spots to be filled by great players, but I believe that will take a few years.

But more importantly, I believe trading him sends a very dangerous message to every other player in the league: Go to DC and get paid, then just quit on them and whine. In a season or two, you can get traded to another team, and cash in again.

If Al gets off that easily, without at least returning a large chunk of money, we have just set an example for every other less-than-honorable player to follow. Not just potential free agents, but even for players currently on the team.

What if Orakpo suddenly decides he hates DC, and he wants to play for a SB contender? What if Trent Williams decides the same? If Al can just quit and get out, why can't they?

I just believe it sends a crippling message to every other player, and would make our organization look like a total joke.

We either get a lot of money back, we get something huge in return via a trade, or I would like to just let him rot his prime years away.

Last edited:
Well, I am probably alone with how I feel about this, but will post it here and see:

I'm not so concerned about the roster spot. We have several people holding roster spots who aren't that great. If they can hold spots, I don't see the huge harm in one more. Now, I'd like all of the spots to be filled by great players, but I believe that will take a few years.

But more importantly, I believe trading him sends a very dangerous message to every other player in the league: Go to DC and get paid, then just quit on them and whine. In a season or two, you can get traded to another team, and cash in again.

If Al gets off that easily, without at least returning a large chunk of money, we have just set an example for every other less-than-honorable player to follow. Not just potential free agents, but even for players currently on the team.

What if Orakpo suddenly decides he hates DC, and he wants to play for a SB contender? What if Trent Williams decides the same? If Al can just quit and get out, why shouldn't they?

I just believe it sends a crippling message to every other player, and would make our organization look like a total joke.

We either get a lot of money back, we get something huge in return via a trade, or I would like to just let him rot his prime years away.
And I have no problem with that either. But if he won't STFU and play, when, where, and how he's told, with gusto and enthusiasm, I don't want him anywhere near the locker. I doubt the rules will allow us to just sit him.

If we can? I agree.

Either toe the line, or we send him to football Siberia.

And I have no problem with that either. But if he won't STFU and play, when, where, and how he's told, with gusto and enthusiasm, I don't want him anywhere near the locker.

I agree 100%. He needs to find some character, and play with 100% effort.

But you can't just let him get away with this bs, keep every single penny of the money, screw the organization, then just leave us for another team.

That sends a very, very bad message for all of the other players to see:

Get paid, quit, and walk with all that cash.

This is a very difficult situation that has to be handled carefully.

Exactly. I just hope the new CBA will allow us to do what's good for the team, rather than just the player.

Maybe they'll write in some language that will make it easier to deal with difficult players.

Be nice to see owners and coaches held accountable as well, when warranted.

I agree 100%. He needs to find some character, and play with 100% effort.

But you can't just let him get away with this bs, keep every single penny of the money, screw the organization, then just leave us for another team.

That sends a very, very bad message for all of the other players to see:

Get paid, quit, and walk with all that cash.

I understand your points completely, but I don't think it will be an issue. Alberto wasn't a guy Shanny brought in, and from what I can see and have read, Shanny is big on the persons charecter and work ethic. I don't even want to go down the road of who, how, where, when and why the AH situation went the way it did again. Bottom line is, Shanny got stuck with Alberto already being on the roster, and tried to make the best of him being here. I honestly don't think he'll sign players with the type of rep Alberto was openly known to have. That's why an aging vet like Dannials has a shot at making the team next season, chaercter and an outstanding work ethic even though he's older then Shanny would like.

I think the bigger example being set is Shanny is not willing to put up with BS, or lack of production. He's made it pretty clear with the susspension of Alberto, and the benching of McNugget. I also think no matter how the CBA turns out, the Skins will be much more careful in how they write their players contracts. Yes, the example you give with players on the roster turning tail with the cash could happen in theory, but the likelyhood is very low IMO.

I expect all malcontents will be gone this off season. Shanny knows who's on board, and who's not at this point in time, and doesn't strike me as a coach afraid to make drastic moves to get the type of players suited to his style and system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.