• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Anyone Remember Howard Green?

Remember him now, just made the play on the line to get to Big Ben which caused the INT.

Glad we didn't need him this year. :)
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I knew someone would bump this thread. Effing Redskins...
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

No, but Orakpo is a good enough pass rusher and athlete that a you can shade coverages and responsibilities in zone if you have the other athletes in the front seven.

The Redskins don't have those other players right now and that was the point of my post.

Orakpo can be effective in a modified 3-4, you see examples of rush men around the NFL that are allowed to get upfield (Freeney, etc.) whose DCs scheme around their skills.

most of those guys are in a 4 front BT.

Raks pass rush moves are almost exclusively DE style moves as well, a lot of bullrush, rip, swim type stuff, very little dip and go or speed rush moves, its partly why he gets held so much.

He did worse in a 3-4 where he was used as a blitzer with little coverage than he did as a 4-3 olb and situational 4-3 end, thats a huge warning flag to me.

but we will see if that was the soph slump or just him this upcoming season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.