• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Great Movies That Others Might Enjoy, Or Ones To Avoid

El, im serious download or buy "the fall" I have watched it 4 times now, once with the gf and her little girl, once with my 12 year old niece, and once with my buddy and his kids and once by myself, its that good. Your kids will love it and im pretty sure you will like the adult part of the story (the best part is that the way the little girl in the movie sees the story in her head is NOT how the guy is telling it) its very very good.

Downloading 'The Fall' at this very moment.

Anyone seen "Warrior" yet? I keep hearing great things about it, but its done very poorly at the box office.

I saw Crazy Stupid Love with the gf, and it was actually really good. Its Carell's "Punch Drunk Love," and he was really good in it. Gosling is also a really great actor. And yes, I had to turn in my man card to purchase tickets for this movie. :)

Downloaded 'The Fall', converted and burnt to DVD, gave it to the missus to watch, her verdict? Boring as bat ****! With that, I won't even bother. I'll just file it away and hope someone asks for it. They can keep it!

I just watched Insidious tonight. If you like horror, it's a must see. Slow to get going, but man it wraps it up with a bang big time. Best horror movie I've seen in probably 20 years.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSX2oxLdcWA&feature=related[/media]

and hopefully this one is better than the first.
It couldn't possibly be worse. The first one was my first blu ray purchase. If it hadn't been for the special effects, it would have been 100% worthless instead of 99%.

My wife insisted we watch Horrible Bosses. I was apprehensive, because I hate everyone in it. It actually ended up being a pretty decent comedy that wasn't over the top with cheesy cheap humor like I expected.

The trailer definitely had me loving where they're going with this one. I think the first was made with the younger generation in mind, and they made this one for us :D

Just saw Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It was good, not spectacular, but good.

Saw Hugo recently and though it's not formally a Holiday movie, it's a really sweet and heart warming movie. Very well done.

Rented Rise of the Planet of the Apes last week and enjoyed it. Very fun. Saw Dragon Tattoo (very good, not excellent but very good) and Tintin (fantastic family movie, a lot of fun) while in Williamsburg with family.

I saw Tattoo last night, and agree with the rest. While it was infinitely better than the Swedish film, it lacked a certain something to make it a fantastic movie. And what was the deal with the opening sequence? I hate that crap.

We Bought a Zoo was fantastic. Surprisingly emotional story which was just as much about a man and his two kids overcoming the death of their wife/mother as it is about a family trying to revive a zoo. Reminded me a lot of Marley and Me which I think was just as much about the couple's relationship through the years as it was about the heartwarming, cute dog named Marley.

Also, Matt Damon is wonderful.

Sorry Mike, but ANY remake of a John Wayne original is never as good. I watched both versions of True Grit back-to-back and still think the original far outweighs the remake.

Just watched Hostel 3. I didn't even know it existed to be honest. I liked the first one, the second one did nothing for me at all, and I had to watch the third when I heard it existed.

I read reviews on it, and pretty much everyone said it was either wonderful or terrible. I watched it, and thought it was absolutely better than the first two. This one takes place in Vegas, there is almost no gore compared to the first two (which was the biggest turnoff for people), and it actually had not only a decent storyline, but a believable one - the first in the trilogy to accomplish that.

If you liked either of the first two, you'll love this one. If you hated the firs two, you'll find this to be far superior, and more along the lines of a main stream movie.

I also thought Rise of the Planet of the Apes was a good movie, also watched the new Sherlock, thought it was also good. I picked up Green Lantern cuz it was on sale for 14 bucks, eh not bad but could've been so much more with the right leading actor.

I just got back from seeing Django, and it was awesome. It has an original script and great actors. Definitely one of his best.

And it's one that's worth seeing at the theater.

Saw Gangster Squad last night. It was what it was...shoot em up gangsters vs rogue shoot first cops. I absolutely hate Ryan Gosling... I just think he's Scott Cahn on heroin and without the famous father. And although I'm not a big fan of Sean Penn I thought he did good job on the cartoon like mobster character. I'm starting to warm up to Josh Brolin as a lead actor but Emma Stone as sexy harlot still makes me feel like a dirty old man. Lots of action and some pretty funny stuff too. I heard a few people bag on it today but I dug it.

Watched "Trouble With the Curve" last night. It's not a baseball movie, so if you're getting it for that, don't. But it's an outstanding film, with strong characters, and the new love of my life, Amy Adams. Yum. Easily 4 stars. A little more depth, and Clint being even a little less "Clinty" than he is in this one, would have rated 5.

Going to see "Lincoln" tomorrow night, finally. Can't. Wait.

Sorry juggy... Any movie with Justin Timberlake in it gets an immediate fail. Timberlake? Heh heh heh
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Trouble with the curve was awesome. Clint can do no wrong. And no matter what you think of Timberlake he is a good actor. That movie is WELL worth the watch.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

It's funny how some guys can just make that jump...him, Mark Wahlberg, Will Smith. Clint takes me "out" of most movies I watch, just because he's Clint. But not so, as I would've expected with Timberlake. He was outstanding in that part.

And at the end...."Peanut boy?"

****in' A right, son!!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.