• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Great Movies That Others Might Enjoy, Or Ones To Avoid

Yeah saw looper when it came out.. good flick!

Watched Goon last night with that Stifler guy from the American Pie movies... Pleasantly surprised, was pretty funny and original. Not being a hockey fan may have made it funnier.

Looper is the type of movie I WOULD have enjoyed more if I was still smoking cones!

I watched Goon as well, and enjoyed 'the violence' of a hockey game, but not knowing anything else about the sport left me a little bewildered at the point of the whole movie.

I recently heard that there will be a follow up to Wolf Creek out, possibly by the end of this year (they have only just started filming).

For those who haven't seen 'Wolf Creek', it is based, loosely, on the backpacker murders we had here not so long ago. The guy who played the lead, John Jarrett, also had a role of an Aussie in Django.

Saw Django & Looper this past weekend. Looper was pretty good, but the plot was a little weak I thought. It was definitely entertaining though, and a movie I would recommend.

Django...the only way I can explain it is that Quentin Tarantino over-Tarantino'd himself. I thought it was his 3rd, maybe 4th best film, behind Pulp Fiction & Inglorious Basterds. I dunno, I just didn't really get the hype either. Maybe my expectations were too high.

Finally saw Django last night with my son. Some rollicking (if bloody) good fun there :)

Just watched lawless...really good and the fact that it's a true story makes it even better.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Glad to hear it. I'm watching this one tonight.

I recently heard that there will be a follow up to Wolf Creek out, possibly by the end of this year (they have only just started filming).

For those who haven't seen 'Wolf Creek', it is based, loosely, on the backpacker murders we had here not so long ago. The guy who played the lead, John Jarrett, also had a role of an Aussie in Django.
I watched Wolf Creek with my wife when it came out on DVD a while back. We agreed it was easily the worst movie we have ever watched together. Which is a damn shame, because it had a lot of promise based on the premise. The movie itself just completely failed to deliver. The fact that it was 20 minutes of movie stretched out for almost 2 hours didn't help the watchability either.

Saw Zero Dark Thirty last night...I don't want to ruin the ending, but chalk one up for the good guys.

I thought it was more of a travel doco than a movie! That's why I'm hoping WC2 comes up trumps.
That's definitely more descriptive. I just didn't like how the whole thing was set up. They spent too long at the beginning following around the backpackers while they acted like young simple minded tourists, and took almost a half hour to play out that part of the story line, which ultimately had nothing to do with anything else in the movie. Then after they're captured and spend all that time in the barn/garage, you spend over an hour waiting for something to happen. Every time you think it's about to, nothing does.

Then after sitting through the whole mess, they make you think the girl will get away, but then Mick appears out of nowhere to do his thing and kill any chance of redemption for the movie.

I do find it interesting that they promoted the movie heavily as "based on true events", then you watch it. It's obvious they're kinda going for the Ivan Milat angle, but it was so extremely loosely based on his story, I'm surprised they were even allowed to promote it the way they did.

Based very loosely on true events as Wolf Creek is in outback Western Australia, whereas Ivan Milat dumped / did his killings in New South Wales, across the other side of the country.

The good/bad thing is there is plenty of material for WC2.

I'm sure i'm the only one but really want to see the new Texas Chainsaw movie!

I'm sure i'm the only one but really want to see the new Texas Chainsaw movie!
Spoiler alert: It's probably every bit as horrible as the other 37 :laugh:

My brother is addicted to Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Every other year or so when someone else remakes it, he goes and sees it. And every single time, he bitches about all that was wrong with it. I'm convinced he's got a fascination with terrible movies. I mean, he still pays to watch every M. Night Shamalamadingdong and John Woo movie that comes out.

LOL, yeah but still love em all. The one remake with Jessica Beile was decent. Same with Jordana Brewster but they're both very giggity too.

I know what you mean. I only watched two, and they were so terribly bad. It's a shame too, because the story seems like it should make a pretty badass movie.

I saw the original, hated it. It took me a long time to give it another chance by watching a newer one, and it was the one with Matthew McConaughey. That version was the worst movie ever.

Oh wow i had forgotten about the McConaughey version & 100% with you on that turd.

Have you ever read about the "true story" tag that they try to attach to the genre? Basically Hitchcock based Psycho and also Silence of the Lambs were based off this cat named Ed Gein. Dude really did wear a skin suit made from women he murdered and or grave robbed. One effed up sumbitch.

http://www.chasingthefrog.com/reelfaces/texaschainsaw.php

Yeah, I heard about that a while back, so I watched the movie Ed Gein thinking it must be good since the other two movies were. It sucked :laugh:

An older movie, but very good...'Citizen X' about Russia's first known serial killer and the decade long hunt to catch him. Very good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.