• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Great Movies That Others Might Enjoy, Or Ones To Avoid

Watched "Trouble With the Curve" last night. It's not a baseball movie, so if you're getting it for that, don't. But it's an outstanding film, with strong characters, and the new love of my life, Amy Adams. Yum. Easily 4 stars. A little more depth, and Clint being even a little less "Clinty" than he is in this one, would have rated 5.

Going to see "Lincoln" tomorrow night, finally. Can't. Wait.

"Trouble With the Curve" was pretty good. A little too predictable for me (as in, I guessed what would happen in the first 15 minutes or so of the film), but I still enjoyed it.

I also saw Silver Linings Playbook, and thought it was really good. Its a little herky-jerky in the beginning, but I think that's because he's crazy and its supposed to be like that. Also, the family is huge Eagles fans, but they lose to the Redskins "on a trick play to Randle-El," so that's kinda cool. LOL.

Loved Silver Linings playbook, it was more real to me having a couple of friends that lost it post 911... Great movie.

I can't believe someone actually used actor, Timberlake and outstanding in the same conversation. He's horrible. Reminds me of Deion Sanders' outdoors show. He hasn't made any jump yet IMO, and he's been at it for quite a while. They work really hard to make his "acting" noticed as little as possible. I hate Hollywood for stuffing hacks like him down our throats when there are so many good actors out there.

Lol, yeah Timberlake is a pretty bad actor. Although he was perfect for his role in The Social Network - of course he was playing an immature, rich, entitled douche. Art imitates life, I guess.

Looper. Must. See. Now.

Absolutely awesome if you haven't seen it yet.

Looper. Must. See. Now.

Absolutely awesome if you haven't seen it yet.

Yeah saw looper when it came out.. good flick!

Watched Goon last night with that Stifler guy from the American Pie movies... Pleasantly surprised, was pretty funny and original. Not being a hockey fan may have made it funnier.

Watched Goon last night with that Stifler guy from the American Pie movies... Pleasantly surprised, was pretty funny and original. Not being a hockey fan may have made it funnier.

Goon was awesome! One of my favorite sports movies ever. So funny.

May be because of where I am in real life right now, and perhaps because some of the best years of my marriage were in Hawaii, but 'The Descendants' with George Clooney is very well done. Slow paced, but great characters. A real slice of life pic and very melancholy.

Rented "The Posession" on demand yesterday. Decent but ending was pretty meh.

Anyone else seen "Mama"? That one looks kinda good.

Saw Zero Dark Thirty last night. Very well done. Great story behind leading up to what we all know happened and even the part we all know had you on the edge of your seat. Some of the details at the end were very interesting if true, after everyone's seen it we'll talk some more. Highly suggest it!

Okay, here's one to add to the list.

Safe House.

It came out in 2012 and is now available for rent. It's a CIA thriller, with Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds. Pretty awesome.

I watched Django Unchained last night, then realised that it isn't released here for another two weeks!

I've also watched 'This Is 40', and that's not released here until Thursday.

I best not write about movies I watch as it could end in tears, literally.

Lol, what was your opinion of them?

There must be something I'm missing with Django Unleashed as I really couldn't get my head around it, but I related to '40' easily enough.

I thought Django was awesome. Mainly because I love westerns, and because I thought the script was original. I'll check out 40's soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.