• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Great Movies That Others Might Enjoy, Or Ones To Avoid

Just watched Bad Grandpa. LMAO!!! I was rolling on the floor with the beauty pageant performance. Totally ridiculous and immature movie, but I laughed. By the way, what parent would let their child be in a movie like this, lol? Probably the same parents who put their daughters in beauty pageants...

Don't expect Oscar performances...it's the Rock and Marky Mark, but they do a decent job of it. The story was not at all what I expected. It went much further than I anticipated.

Good movie.
I watched a 48 Hours episode about that case and the prosecutors and detectives interviewed about the case were literally laughing a some of the STUPID crap these guys did, like returning the chainsaw.

Not a new movie exactly but was the 'True Grit' remake any good ? With Jeff Bridges

Yes Win. Agree with Mike, really well done.

Sent from my SCH-R530X using Tapatalk

Can't wait until 2 Guns becomes an action cult classic like Con Air. Enjoyable all around.

Not a new movie exactly but was the 'True Grit' remake any good ? With Jeff Bridges

Yeah, it was good. I mean, John Wayne is John Wayne, and nobody can top John Wayne, but it was a great attempt. I'm a big fan of the Cohen brothers, they usually do not disappoint. This is no exception!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Dammit, you guys got me all hyped up to rent Grit and it's nowhere to be found on TiVo. Checked all on demand as well as rentals. :furious:

Dammit, you guys got me all hyped up to rent Grit and it's nowhere to be found on TiVo. Checked all on demand as well as rentals. :furious:

You can rent it on amazon I'm pretty sure.

Better than the original, IMO.

Hailee Steinfeld was robbed of a Best Actress Oscar (and what's worse, they nominated her for Best Supporting Actress even though she's the main character!).

That does it, gonna try Amazon, local DVD joint, or "alternative" methods if needed to watch this thing.

Edit: eff YouTube for not having it available on mobile devices. Better half is downloading to iTunes as we speak. I'm too computer retarded for such things.

Last edited:
I'll get bashed for raining on the party...but here goes:

finally got around to viewing Gravity last night. I thought it was awful. The dialogue was bad. the sound track did not reinforce the emotional context at critical times. the plot itself got to be boring - and not very believable. the ending was a let down. btw...anyone ever been underwater in a similar situation? the disposable spacesuit theme during the whole film was not believable - and having been underwater in less daunting garb than a spacesuit...that escape sequence drew a big uh huh from me. when you're underwater, wearing something that is not easy to shed and which is weighting you down like a rock - which is what it feels like - ummmm nope.

struck me as a vehicle to make money for the stars and not much more.

Gravity is definitely a 'suspend disbelief' kind if a flick. But visually it's a lot of fun.

Gravity is definitely a 'suspend disbelief' kind if a flick. But visually it's a lot of fun.

agree with you there. otherwise, I (and the folks I watched it with) thought it was a bad film.

Watched "Nebraska" tonight, and loved it! Funny, touching, and very well acted. I haven't seen 12 years a slave, but the mom in this deserved her nomination, if not the win.

Watched Flight tonight. I liked it though the social commentary part wasn't novel. I'm a homer for flying movies. Denzel delivers more often than not.

Ever since I left LA I hadn't been to the movies... until last night. Saw the new 300 flick. Story was better than expected, a little over the top with the visual effects with death and blood but still pretty good fight scenes. Also loved the women characters.

I enjoyed it but I'll watch anything. Except when they try to make Mark Wahlberg seem like a real actor. Looks like they're trying to force Seth McFarland down our throat now too.... ZZZZZZZZZ. #shouldastuckwithstewy

DM, regarding the new 300 movie. I had heard there's tidbits of another one due out. Is it the Battle of Plateau or something else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.