• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Great Movies That Others Might Enjoy, Or Ones To Avoid

OK, I had to turn it off after 20 minutes because I was up wayyyyyyyyy too late last night, but I started watching Movie 43 just to see wtf...I laughed so hard!

Just watched Dallas Buyers Club. Excellent movie. Depressing, but really, really good. Very realistic portrayal of what AIDS patients had to go through in the 80's and 90's when the FDA was screwing around and AIDS drugs/vaccines weren't at the top of their priority lists even though the outbreaks were so severe and other countries were kicking our butts in the research department. Such a sad situation. :( McConnehey and Leto should get the Oscars for their work. Hell, they should get Oscars for the amount of weight they lost for their roles, lol.

Monuments Men was great!

Also saw Enough Said, James Gandolfini's last film, which was great also.

Both highly recommended.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Monuments Men was great!

Also saw Enough Said, James Gandolfini's last film, which was great also.

Both highly recommended.

The wife and I went to see Monuments Men this afternoon, very entertaining and moving. Really enjoyed it a lot, particularly with the Art History background I have. Very, very moving at times.

I think Goal may have recommended 'About Time' - not sure. But watched it today while I rode my bike for a couple of hours. Very nice, thoughtful flick. It probably resonated with me more due to the focus on the father/son relationship and having lost my Dad a year or so ago. Regardless, if you are looking for a meaningful movie to watch with the significant other, I'd recommend it.

Yeah, we watched that last week with our two oldest, and I agree completely. Very thoughtful, almost as moving as the Catch Scene with Field of Dreams. Very good flick.

Not a new movie but very good IMHO....Kingdom of Heaven. Great scene when the Muslim General says "tell Saladin Jerusalem has arrived".

Eva Green is pretty giggity as well.

Watched '42' last night - about Jackie Robinson (Harrison Ford plays the Brooklyn Dodgers owner). Very well done - I was surprised how much I like it. And damn, are there a lot of great baseball movies out there or what?

Yeah, it was one of the rare movies where you really wanted it to continue - I'd have loved for it to have covered his entire career. Pretty amazing guy - it really drove home how tough it must've been back then...I thought it was very realistically done and wasn't a 'message' movie. I felt like it just told the story straight without an overly dramatized modern spin.

Watched '42' last night - about Jackie Robinson (Harrison Ford plays the Brooklyn Dodgers owner). Very well done - I was surprised how much I like it. And damn, are there a lot of great baseball movies out there or what?

So many! My favorites:

Major League
Bull Durham
Sandlot
League of their own (does chick baseball count?)

Apparently the latest Captain America trailer has a huge spoiler in it... Unless it's a trick? I haven't watched or seen it.

Love "Dead Poets' Society."

Hat tip to Apple for using a quote from the film in their latest commercial, also.

If you're a masochist and want to be depressed for the evening, I recommend watching 12 Years A Slave. Good movie, but extremely difficult to watch.

if you liked Lone Survivor then you should watch Murph: The Protector

its the documentary about Michael Murphy..pretty ****ing amazing man right there.
I bawled my eyes out watching that documentary. I only wish more peoples' lives would be commemorated like that.

I broke down last week and watched Pain and Gain. It was good, surprisingly.

I broke down last week and watched Pain and Gain. It was good, surprisingly.

It looked funny, but then went pretty much straight to DVD. Always throws up red flags for me when that happens...

I'll have to check it out. I like both the Rock and Marky Mark.

It looked funny, but then went pretty much straight to DVD. Always throws up red flags for me when that happens...

I'll have to check it out. I like both the Rock and Marky Mark.

Don't expect Oscar performances...it's the Rock and Marky Mark, but they do a decent job of it. The story was not at all what I expected. It went much further than I anticipated.

Good movie.

Watched Gravity tonight with my son on PPV. Wishing I'd seen it in the theater on an IMAX screen now. You have to suspend a lot of disbelief watching it, but beyond that, enjoyable flick.

Watched Gravity tonight with my son on PPV. Wishing I'd seen it in the theater on an IMAX screen now. You have to suspend a lot of disbelief watching it, but beyond that, enjoyable flick.

I've got a feeling you'll have another chance.

Yeah, it was pretty amazing on the BIGGGG screen. Not something I'd wanna watch very often, but enjoyable for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.