• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread: Giants @ Redskins

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Alright kids, here it is. The last Burgundy and Gold game before the long, cold off season (potentially longer than usual too with the threat of a work stoppage). So many questions surround this team... Can it beat the Giants? Will the young, untried guys in the lineup now continue to play well? Is Rex the guy to hold down the QB position while Mike and Kyle look for the next John Elway? Is The Danny committed to the course he chose last year with Bruce and Mike?

So grab a good cold one of your choice (I'll be having a homebrew, myself), sit back, relax and see of the Skins can spoil Ney York's New Years!

I will be shocked if we don't flash up the Chi/GB score early and often, particularly if the Bears lay down and roll over. If the Bears start getting blown out, the Giants really have nothing to play for, and I think they just literally give up.

Looks like a good ol' fashioned NFC East mudfest so far today. Sloppy field, lots of running, and a physical game.

Why is Gano still on this team?:furious2:

Can we PLEASE end the Rex GROSS-man experiment now?

Ok, this is the last time we let Ryman grease the balls before a game.

:anonymous:

:D

I am left to wonder how many TD's Armstrong would have this year if Rex has played the whole season. I am remembering all the the under thrown completions to him by McNabb where Donovan just held the ball too long.

I am left to wonder how many TD's Armstrong would have this year if Rex has played the whole season. I am remembering all the the under thrown completions to him by McNabb where Donovan just held the ball too long.

I have to agree, Armstrong is the real deal. Rex may not be a long term answer, but I'll take him as a starter for a season. Put a quality line in front of him, and he'll do just fine. I've had more hope these last three games then I've had all season.

Hats off to the defense for a decent showing. Barring the one long TD play, they played well, especially against the run (comparitively speaking).

Hmmm......from NFL Game Center.

Total 1st downs: Skins 20, Giants 14

Rushing 1st downs: Skins 5, Giants 4

Passing 1st downs: Skins 14, Giants 9

Total net yards: Skins 385, Giants 325

Avg gain per offensive play: Skins 5.8 yds, Giants 5.3 yds

Net rushing yards: Skins 67, Giants 82

Yards per rushing play: Skins 3.4 yds, Giants 2.8 yds

Rushes stuffed: Skins 5 for 12 yards, Giants 5 for 8 yards

Total rushing plays: Skins 20, Giants 32

Net passing yardage: Skins 318, Giants 243

Avg, yards per pass play: Skins 6.9, Giants 8.4

Sacks: Skins 2 times for -18 yards , Giants 0 for 0 yards.

Fumbles: Skins 3 all lost, Giants 0

Punt returns: Skins 3 for 73 yards, Giants 2 for 24 yards

Kickoff returns: Skins 4 for 82 yards, Giants 2 for 36 yards

INTs: Skins 1 for 8 yard return, Giants 1 for 6 yard return

(Buchanon? Again?!?)

Penalties: Skins 4 for 25 yards, Giants 2 for 24 yards

Field Goals: Skins 0 for 1, Giants 1 for 2

Presented for informational purposes without commercial interruption or comment...well almost...Bucxhanon? Another INT?....damn.

Shot ourselves in the foot I'd say.

No doubt the Redskins played them evenly - they just made a handful of crucial mistakes they couldn't overcome. I thought Rex, overall, played well. 300+ yards and a lot of great passes. But he made a few bad throws as well. I'd still take him over Mcnabb in a New York minute.

No doubt the Redskins played them evenly - they just made a handful of crucial mistakes they couldn't overcome. I thought Rex, overall, played well. 300+ yards and a lot of great passes. But he made a few bad throws as well. I'd still take him over Mcnabb in a New York minute.

I quite agree, Boone. That's what I was implying with the "Shot ourselves in the foot" quip at the end of my post. We played them in most aspects of the game actually somewhat better than I expected, particularly in the nearly even overall statistical picture. It was mistakes, lost fumbles, a missed field goal, things like that that cost us the win. I'm with Miles and ryman, actually in that I'm seeing reasons to think that at least a base exists upon which a build-or rebuild, whichever term suits you-can occur.

Now the fun begins-the off-season fan frenzy. I already have my popcorn, drinks, pizza and Kevlar body-armor handy for when the action starts. :)

One other good thing about the last games of this season...

Anthony Bryant could be the real deal at NT. Albert who? Carriker looked good too and seems to be improving in this defense.

Anthony Armstrong. Wow. Seems like we have some "Anthony's" who will be making good impacts in 2011.

A. Bryant looked pretty good to me, but I never played the position. :)

I would be interested in Ryman's opinion.

This was a game we could have won. At least Shanahan should have some good tape of young guys.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Bryant might be ok in a rotation, but he gets washed out far too easily and is really slow to recognise the double team (or just slow to react) and when he doesnt get off the ball he was getting pushed into the second level. honestly if he hit the gym HARD and built up better upper body strength, he could be a good player but he just looked weak sometimes when trying to disengage.

The thing about nose tackle is that a guy can cheat and look ok if he guesses correctly but if he guesses wrong then your backers are screwed and the holes are massive.

he was far better than Kemo tho, kemo looks like he doesnt trust his leg to anchor and if he still looks that way in camp he will be done..

Was just checking the receiving stats to see where Armstrong finished the season:

44 rec 841 yds 3TD's that's the best our #2 receiver has had in years!

We are the only team in the NFL with 3 receivers in the top 30 in yards.

Santana Moss was 4th in the league in rec's w/ 93, his best season as a pro in number of receptions.

Cooley finished 2nd among TE's w/ 77.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.