• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO.C.D.: Skins Win with 10 Surprises

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
The Washington Redskins got into the holiday spirit, delivering their success-starved fans a little badly-needed Christmas cheer with an improbable...

More...

Nice summary. Although I can't but help to think how sad it is that this type of effort is a surprise to us and what we've come to expect is this:

Redskins play gamely, lead or trail closely the entire game, only to give up the game-tying field goal late in the 4th quarter. The script then calls for loss of the coin toss and giving up a quick easy game-winning score in overtime. It’s what we do.

The Redskins didn’t commit a penalty. They didn’t snap the ball over the holder’s head, bobble it, or experience any other kind of colossal meltdown.

I long for the day when those "meltdowns" are no longer the rule but rather the exception.

Something I noticed in the game was something that I haven't seen all that much of. We didn't let the game get away from us.

Our D was consistent in pressuring Garrard-4 sacks without Orakpo to help. When Jacksonville adjusted, we countered instead of letting their adjustments throw us completely out-of-synch. Kudos to Haslett on this one.

At no point did I get the sense that the team had "given up"-the fight and effort level was there the entire game. Kudos to the whole coaching staff and the players here.

One more interesting thing. We are 3-1 in OT games. Not sure what that might be indicative of but it's interesting nonetheless.

Serv are we 3-1 in OT because other teams offences are tired from moving the ball up and down the field? lol

Hey, Muhammad Ali used a similar tactic to defeat George Foreman, a fearsome puncher. He called it "rope-a-dope." He let Foreman beat on him for seven rounds till Foreman's arms got too tired to hold up and beat him in round eight.

Good comeback line, tho' ryman. :claps:

Hey, Muhammad Ali used a similar tactic to defeat George Foreman, a fearsome puncher. He called it "rope-a-dope." He let Foreman beat on him for seven rounds till Foreman's arms got too tired to hold up and beat him in round eight.

Good comeback line, tho' ryman. :claps:

Henceforth I shall call hasletts defence the rope a dope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.