• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins camp report: Tough Campbell faces crucible

brandies

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12043566

ASHBURN, Va. -- Now it's Jason Campbell's move, and, frankly, I can't wait.

For months, the poor guy has been the subject of a Washington filibuster, with the Redskins talking about acquiring other quarterbacks -- a sign that maybe they've had it with him -- and disgruntled fans demanding a change at the position.

Well, look around, people, and guess who's throwing darts to Santana Moss in training camp. Jason Campbell hasn't gone away, and now that he has the floor he has a chance to make a statement of his own.

• Roster | Depth Chart | Camp tour
I, for one, hope he does, and here's why: Because he did what Jay Cutler could not, which is to suck it up and return to a club that, at one time, looked as if it didn't want him. Moreover, he vowed to deliver, proving to his critics that they're wrong and that Washington can, in fact, win with him.

I hope so because Jason Campbell is what a quarterback is supposed to be, a leader. He is tough, resilient and persistent. OK, so his record (16-20) is worse than Cutler's. He has a chance to change that, and the Redskins will give him that opportunity.

I don't care how reluctant they might be or that they offered two first-round draft picks for Cutler. Campbell is their guy, like it or not, and he can change a lot of perceptions about himself as a player and a person, and he can do it now.

"There isn't a kid who wants it more than he does," coach Jim Zorn said. "He's really improved himself, and we're all going to be better for it."

CLICK LINK FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE

I've said it before, I'll say it again. It's easy to root for Jason Campbell. That's not always true of home-team players, even those with great talent at a position the Redskins have been starved for competence at for a generation. Hello, Jeff George. But it's true of JC. Great guy. Great role model. Huge arm. Athletic. Poised. Humble. Popular in the locker room.

Man could positively own this town if he steps up his game and does for his team what no QB has done since LT broke Theismann's leg in 1985 ... solidify the QB position for several years and become a weapon in his own right, not just a caretaker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.