• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Sam Huff rips NFL for limiting helmet-to-helmet hits

BGO

As an All-Pro linebacker for the Redskins and Giants in the 1950s and 1960s, Sam Huff was one of football’s hardest hitters. And he’s not happy with the way the league office is cracking down on the hardest hitters of today. Huff told the Charleston Daily Mail that fines for helmet-to-helmet hits are handed down…
b.gif

More...

The irony is strong in this one Luke.

Seriously - if EVER there's been a living, breathing example of why helmet to helmet trauma can have life-changing effects, Sam Huff is exhibit A.

Huff is one of the nicest gentlemen you'll ever meet, and a football and Redskins legend. But anyone who has listened to him struggle through a Redskins broadcast over the past several seasons knows - repeated blows to the head are not a good thing. Maybe his challenges keeping up with the on-the-field action and making sense have nothing to do with his years on the field and repeated vicious tackles? But I have to think, had the NFL protected players a bit more during his era, he might be a lot sharper cognitively than he appears nowadays.

Just my opinion.

The irony is strong in this one Luke.

Seriously - if EVER there's been a living, breathing example of why helmet to helmet trauma can have life-changing effects, Sam Huff is exhibit A.

Huff is one of the nicest gentlemen you'll ever meet, and a football and Redskins legend. But anyone who has listened to him struggle through a Redskins broadcast over the past several seasons knows - repeated blows to the head are not a good thing. Maybe his challenges keeping up with the on-the-field action and making sense have nothing to do with his years on the field and repeated vicious tackles? But I have to think, had the NFL protected players a bit more during his era, he might be a lot sharper cognitively than he appears nowadays.

Just my opinion.

I had the same thought upon reading the initial post. He's taken a few too many shots to the head himself and could be the poster boy for the long-term effects of getting your head knocked around.

Yeah, you guys beat me to the punch before I had the chance to say it. It is either that or he and Sonny are hitting the sauce on air? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.