• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

News & Notes: Hackett Fitting In At Wide Receiver

brandies

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
http://www.bgobsession.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=2
D.J. Hackett doesn’t need anyone to tell him where he stands with the Redskins--least of all head coach Jim Zorn.

The sixth-year pro knows what he has to do.

“I don’t look at it as I have to prove anything, I just come out each time and do my job,” Hackett said.

Earning a roster spot? That will take care of itself, he said.

Hackett signed with the Redskins on Aug. 5 and joined a competition for a backup job.

He impressed in Saturday’s scrimmage, pulling in two receptions.

From 2004-07, Hackett played for the Seattle Seahawks at the same time Zorn was the quarterbacks coach there.

So Hackett, 6-2 and 208 pounds, has some familiarity with Zorn’s version of the West Coast offense.

CLICK LINK FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE

I noticed on the depth chart, Marko Mitchell is on the third team. Not surprising Given Hackett's veteran status and experience in the Zorn system. Plus the play of Marques Hagans. I think Hackett can add alot to this offense. Just got to develop the chemistry with JC.

I'm liking the Hackett signing more every day. With Thomas and Kelly seemingly unable to put together more than a couple of practices in a row w/o pulling something, I'd not be that surprised to see Hackett emerge from preseason as the opening day #2.

His experience in this offense is pure gold for both Campbell and Zorn's comfort levels ... it would free up ARE to move to the slot where he belongs (and would scare the hell out of me as a DC) ... and would also give the Bruise Brothers Kelly and Thomas a little more time to get their collection of boo-boos healed up.

Damn that Vinny Cerrato too. I thought we were supposed to hate him?

Agreed. Hackett was a great signing. Now if he could just play RT...
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.