• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Hey Personelle guy whoever the heck you are!!!!

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
Im watching the patsies game, they are playing 3 guys they picked up from the UFL and one of them is starting on their dline.

There are several tweeners right now in the CFL who might make solid pickups on defence if we are going to keep this aborted mission.

What im saying is simple, we know we arent making the playoffs and more importantly we know we have several guys who are on their last legs, so get your ass out there and take some chances in trying to find talent.

2 years ago I posted that a guy playing in the CFL would be a solid fit as a 4-3 OLB in the NFL and a great fit as a 3-4 OLB, I was right and Cam Wake looks great in Miami, there are 3 more guys just like him, one who is actually younger and pretty close to Wakes level and better than any OLB we have not named Rak.

The UFL had some pretty solid guys, why havent we even brought some in for workouts? One thing I like about the patsies is they leave no stone unturned. we need to start doing the same. I am a cfl fan I dont wnat to watch CFL players become NFL players for another team anymore.

I agree. When you are where the Redskins are, ie...lots and lots of needs and few draft picks available to fill them, you need to look for talent wherever you can find it. I have no doubt there are hidden gems in the CFL and elsewhere.

I would love to know how our scouting department stacks up against the rest of the NFL's? If I were Daniel Snyder, and willing to throw as much money as it took at a challenge, seems like having the most comprehensive and focused scouting department in the NFL would be at the top of the list priority-wise?

Cool insight. Most of us southerners don't have any knowledge of the players up there. Would love to see some film on the guys you like if there is any.

Boone, we used to have a very good scouting dept up here and they had a great relationship with the Edmonton Eskimos, (thats how we got Sellers). Now, I have no idea, I know I havent seen a scout with skins gear at any of the Calgary camps (I go with my semi pro team to check for local cuts who may want to play semi pro).

I just think we need to go outside the box a bit and watching Moore for the patsies has me riled up lol we gotts be looking for guys like that.

Steven Ill go check youtube and see if there is any film on the guys I think could be decent.

Phillip Hunt- 6-2 260 was an udfa for the browns 2 years ago, hes young and has upside, he came up here and ended up leading the CFL in sacks this season playing for the Bluebombers. he isnt as polished as wake as wake had 3 seasons up here to polish his craft but he is a step up form what I think we have with the right coaching.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r7XKd3Gaew[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksZpmO5ihxo[/media]

The Browns tried to convert him to a DE from DT but he should never have been a DT in the first place, too small limited upside as a dt, now as an OLB, he could be pretty good I think. his poor 40 4.72 looks more like technique (lots of guys pay track coaches to teacj them to run 40's.)

John Bowman 6-3 250

I couldnt find any film, but hes another solid outside rusher I like hunt better tho.

thats just two guys, there are more.

I hesitate to bring up Tony Washington again but after the poopstorms with Haynesworth and McNabb, giving Washington a shot would seem mild. If Vick can get a 2nd chance, I gotta think Washington deserves one.

I am so with you on that Jimbo, ffs , even one of the arresting officers said they didnt think what happened with him was fair. what he did was wrong but according to his sister he wasnt exactly a rapist, just a dumb kid who made a mistake.

I think its extremely hypocritical that guys like stabby magee in baltimore, shooty magee in indianapolis and other actual criminal get passes yet a kid who made a genuine mistake gets pilloried and gets no chance.

I think washington could be a great pick up and best of all cost us next to nothing.

im gonna go over practice rosters tomorrow and see what I can see.

Whoever you call the pasties? Seriously, I have no idea what NFL team that is.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Patsies= Patriots, a team with solid depth, a pile of draft picks and good to great starters at OLB, yet they are always looking at players and evaluating. They brought in 2 guys from the CFL recently, one of them was Hunt.

Redskins- a team with no depth and pisspoor starters at OLB combined with few draft picks yet we havent really done anything to address that other than acknowledge that we dont have very good talent for the 3-4.

and people wonder why we are at opposite ends of the spectrum?

Funny and sad at the same time, I have no doubt that IQ wise, my IQ would stack up against anyone in the skins front office or coaching staff, what saddens and disappoints me is that I've been consistently correct while they have been consistently wrong. I don't throw out random nostrosamus predictions, I am very specific with what I say.

Whoever you call the pasties? Seriously, I have no idea what NFL team that is.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

He said Patsies not pasties. Where you been going on your time off Lanky? :laugh:

Funny and sad at the same time, I have no doubt that IQ wise, my IQ would stack up against anyone in the skins front office or coaching staff, what saddens and disappoints me is that I've been consistently correct while they have been consistently wrong. I don't throw out random nostrosamus predictions, I am very specific with what I say.

Who the heck is nostrosamus? Is that some ancient dinosaur they found in Ottowa? :movefast:

DeCosta in Baltimore! We should lure him away!

bump, for 3 reasons.

1- because we were discussing decosta and I still think we should make it happen.

2- because Hunt is now starting for the Eagles and playing very well at DE and is ahead of their 2010 high round pick Graham, in the rotation. meanwhile Rak is injured and the guys we are using now are decent but nothing special.

3- because Wake who I actively campaigned for a few seasons ago, just had 4.5 sacks in one game.

I have said this FO needs to look in unconventional places for Talent, we havent, and instead im again watching other teams sign solid guys for nothing while we continue to "what we do works".

the Redskins front office (including Shanahan as the Head) is average in player personnel.

the team can identify an Alfred Morris or Perry Riley but they come up with a dud or two for every stud.

I know it's popular now because they are winning, but look at the Nationals organization. They have guys that seemingly are coming out of the woodwork to contribute. When starters go down, they have Lombardozzi, Tyler Moore, Chad Tracy, or others to pull off the shelf and not miss a beat.

That's good personnel moves made over a number of years and then you get the benefits of 'compounding'.

The Redskins don't have that kind of momentum here as of yet.

When somebody goes down the team is often looking to the waiver wire for a replacement.

If the Redskins FO was doing a really good job, Jordan Black would never have been the answer at OT.

Thats what I am thinking, we should still be thinking outside the box in trying to find talent yet other teams are beating us to the CFL guys and finding very good players. one might be an anomaly, twice might still be fluke but 3 times is a pattern

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.