• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Hats off to Rex

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
I was wrong, I thought Grossman would stink it up and he played very well overall. I concede that Boone was right, having Grossman here next year may not be an awful thing.

Yeah, it's only one game, but he looked better than McNabb has all year.

He deserves some credit. He made some mistakes, and who wouldn't have expected that given he's shown he'll do that and was starting his first NFL game in a long while. But he brought us back from 20 points down, and had Moss not dropped a near-certain TD pass, he'd be the hero in another miracle comeback in Big D.

Too bad the Skins couldn't pull it out.

Rex played a solid game when it was all said and done. Let's see what he can do next week.

If nothing else, he's a solid back up. Hoping we sign him soon to keep him here a while.

He played better in general behind our less then stellar line then that other QB, and could be quite good behind a real O line.

If nothing else, he's a solid back up. Hoping we sign him soon to keep him here a while.

He played better in general behind our less then stellar line then that other QB, and could be quite good behind a real O line.

ummm...McNabb's adventure against the Cowboys ended in a different result.

doesn't matter...we all know the team needs a new starting QB and the answer isn't on the team.

Grossman played a good game, especially once he shook the cobwebs off. If the Redskins are cutting their losses with McNabb and really do intend to blow the team up and start over ... finally ... Rex looks like he might be a decent placeholder until we get a real QB.

Grossman played a good game, especially once he shook the cobwebs off. If the Redskins are cutting their losses with McNabb and really do intend to blow the team up and start over ... finally ... Rex looks like he might be a decent placeholder until we get a real QB.

Maybe so. Not to be negative, but that means the decision to trade the draft picks for McNabb is even more galling. Hopefully they learned their lesson and we won't see anymore of that foolishness.

Maybe so. Not to be negative, but that means the decision to trade the draft picks for McNabb is even more galling. Hopefully they learned their lesson and we won't see anymore of that foolishness.

Yes well, I was trying to be positive after all the whining I've been doing, but I completely agree with you. :)

Henry...per the other thread on this subject...Grossman demonstrated all the weaknesses that will keep him the doghouse. this one is easy to call - about 3 games into his looks like a duck, flies like a duck long balls and the fans will be booing him like nobody's business. You could see today a player who performed well against a bad team...and who also held to form and demonstrated weaknesses that have characterized his career. what I saw today was confirmation that the scheme works. just imagine if we had a QB who not only knows the scheme BUT HAS REAL QB SKILLS TO EXERCISE/EXPLOIT ALL ASPECTS OF THAT SCHEME.

what I saw today was confirmation that the scheme works. just imagine if we had a QB who not only knows the scheme BUT HAS REAL QB SKILLS TO EXERCISE/EXPLOIT ALL ASPECTS OF THAT SCHEME.

That's a big recognition though, isn't it? I think we all have had our doubts this season that Kyle knows what he is doing, this game was a nice confirmation that maybe the scheme does work. The problem is that are missing a lot of pieces, from the line, to WR to a healthy RB we can count on all year. We should start to fill in some of those holes and see more improvement.

Wait a second Al! How can we tell if the scheme really works if Dallas was as bad as you say it was? On one hand you say Rex was able to do some things because Dallas sucks, which I must say I agree, but on the other you are saying this game demonstrates the scheme works?

Please expound.

That's a big recognition though, isn't it? I think we all have had our doubts this season that Kyle knows what he is doing, this game was a nice confirmation that maybe the scheme does work. The problem is that are missing a lot of pieces, from the line, to WR to a healthy RB we can count on all year. We should start to fill in some of those holes and see more improvement.

I've always felt pretty good about the scheme - especially given what we have been subjected the last 8 years or so. you can see how plays are organized to set things up. where I felt they have gone wrong is emphasizing one piece of it too much (i.e., the passing game) and thereby undercutting the whole "set them up" part of the chess game.

agree that this is going to take time thought. so...assuming we lose the final two games...we're looking at 9-23 over two years. "ouch" is the cry that went up in WhoVille!!!!

Wait a second Al! How can we tell if the scheme really works if Dallas was as bad as you say it was? On one hand you say Rex was able to do some things because Dallas sucks, which I must say I agree, but on the other you are saying this game demonstrates the scheme works?

Please expound.

well...we know parts of it didn't fail! they scored down in the Red Zone. They managed some 3rd down conversions. the running game is having some success. I didn't say Rex had success because the Boys sucked...I said neither team looked like a professional team 14 games into the season. I can't speak for others...but just watching the plays they are TRYING to run gives you more confidence than the playcalling we watched the last several years. as bad as this O has been...I don't think scheme is one thing we need to fix (unlike past seasons). so..there's at least one less variable to worry about come next season!!

scheme and execution are two different things. KS is maneuvering chess pieces over the field. this offense will be dynamite...IMO....once the o-line is upgraded a tad and we have a QB who doesn't have Rex's limitations and McNabb's age/wear. I'm actually pretty excited about that!

Last edited by a moderator:
ummm...McNabb's adventure against the Cowboys ended in a different result.

doesn't matter...we all know the team needs a new starting QB and the answer isn't on the team.

Had Hall not run the fumble recovery in, the result would have been different. I agree we need a starting QB. Where we differ is, the short term answer my be on the team till we groom somebody.

How many TD did McNugget have against a lesser Dallas team ?

that's like saying a small fart doesn't smell as bad as a big fart.
No, it's not. The size of a fart is meaningless. It's the quality that counts.

But yeah, no one's putting Rex in the HOF. All I said was, he played better TODAY, than McNabb has all year. Everyone knows this, including you.

You need to find some happiness in your life, my friend.

No, it's not. The size of a fart is meaningless. It's the quality that counts.

But yeah, no one's putting Rex in the HOF. All I said was, he played better TODAY, than McNabb has all year. Everyone knows this, including you.

You need to find some happiness in your life, my friend.

lmao!

Ax...first...I'm very grateful that you are concerned about my emotional state. as a matter of fact, I had a great night last night with some long-time friends!

posting stuff like that is a risk since it inevitably provokes the person leveraged into the snark. one person's joke is another person's personal attack as it were...so...apologies on that.

but....just to be fair...McNabb had a great game in the Houston game - equal to or better than what Rex did today. It was nice seeing the short passing game work for a change and it was also satisfying seeing the scheme executed as intended.....revealed the real potential for this offense. so I won't argue with ya there. I just saw many of the same limitations sexy rex has displayed his whole career.

and..it was a loss...to the Dallas team everyone spent a week topping one another over on how much they hated that marketing invention.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.