• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Hats off to Rex

Just bustin your balls a little bit there, my friend.

It's all good.

I know...so I'm being overly sensitive! that's a flip!

Anywho.....so who starts against the Gints? If Rex...does he do as well as today?

I know...so I'm being overly sensitive! that's a flip!

Anywho.....so who starts against the Gints? If Rex...does he do as well as today?
Well, at 5-8 when he started, he can't do any worse. So, you start Sexy, then, after he has us out to a 28 point lead, but in the Beckmiester!

I don't recall one. I *think* we were perfect in that regard?

Well, the Shannys get another week , I cant say I agree with how they deal with players but that goes without saying. Its funny that they are geting hammered by the media for how they told Mcrapp about his demotion while those same talking heads gave him kudos for dealing with AH the same way.

This was a loss and a loss to the cowpies F#$%%^ i HATE DALASS but it wasnt a blowout and the team actually showed some signs of life, but yet again Rablach looked terrible, and yet again we cant seem to get stops on huge downs BUT unlike the Fecals quitfest, guys went hard the whole game this time. thats worth getting excited about.

Now if we could just scheme better than a peewee team on defence.... lol

As I said in the 'Rex to start' thread, I thought this was a good decision and he could be a potential stop gap for a year or two. However, everyone should take caution. This was one game. He could totally blow next week, although, I think, he will have another solid outing.

If he can minimize the boneheaded mistakes, he could be very solid.

As I said in the 'Rex to start' thread, I thought this was a good decision and he could be a potential stop gap for a year or two. However, everyone should take caution. This was one game. He could totally blow next week, although, I think, he will have another solid outing.

At this point anyone who doesn't take caution about anything involving this team is beyond hope. :)

But I agree with your point. It was just one game. Half a game really. Though I have to admit he fared far better than I thought he would, so at least there's that.

At least the confusion, uncertainty, and unpredictability levels have been escalated.

Which is always fun.

The things that bother me are the WTF moments Rex has. The interception in the flat was horrible. The fumble should not have been one. It appeared he looked back and saw Ware (I think it was him) there. He should have tucked that ball tried to run or at least go down and take the loss of yards. The last interception I was not too mad about, just because that was a run of the mill interception. Even Brady and Manning throw those. Also, the missed Moss pass.

However, he threw some balls that we have not seen McNabb throw.

Also, did anyone notice that he played mostly under center as opposed to McNabb in the shotgun formation?

The things that bother me are the WTF moments Rex has. The interception in the flat was horrible.
I'm not sure that Sellers doesn't share some of the blame on that one. Everyone could easily see the blitz was coming. Not sure if Mike wasn't supposed to break off his route sooner, or at least look for the ball sooner, in that case.

Omni, I wondered about that too, I wonder if its more because he is more comfortable or is it a systemic thing that Mcnabb isnt grasping. IMHO If Shanny could make Plummer into a probowler , I dont know how he could fail with Mcrapp unless Mcrapp pretty much refused to change at all.

We scored 30 points. That's something we haven't done in awhile

But Rex is still a turnover machine

The things that bother me are the WTF moments Rex has. The interception in the flat was horrible. The fumble should not have been one. It appeared he looked back and saw Ware (I think it was him) there. He should have tucked that ball tried to run or at least go down and take the loss of yards. The last interception I was not too mad about, just because that was a run of the mill interception. Even Brady and Manning throw those. Also, the missed Moss pass.

However, he threw some balls that we have not seen McNabb throw.

Also, did anyone notice that he played mostly under center as opposed to McNabb in the shotgun formation?

exactly...plus Grossman throws a horrible long ball. he doesn't have the arm strength. what I saw yesterday was that Grossman...within certain bounds...can execute an offensive scheme that works in the NFL. now....we were playing a Dallas defense that has not played well this season...especially in the secondary.

seems like the way-ahead is clear cut. much as I would prefer to draft a top flight d-linemen in round one...I think Shanahan is auditioning his placeholder QB for the next season or two and will likely draft a QB round one. in my mind...while I understand the logic this has several consequences:

1) it slows down the conversion of the defense to 3-4 suited personnel = more frustration

2) it means 1-2 years of watching Rex Grossman. and that means good games followed by horrible games of turnovers and bad decisions. that's his MO = more frustration

but...in the end...I could live with this. if we reall yare rebuilding the foundation..so be it. the question is..can the rest of you live with me going nuts over Grosman's mistakes?!!!!!........:tantrum:

FS the bonus of a placeholder type QB is we dont have a huge amount invested in him, if we find a better option in free agency we can grab him (Collins maybe?).

excellent point. I know grossman will drive me nuts...but if there is a no kidding longer term startegy in play that end states with a real QB...I'm onboard!

FS the bonus of a placeholder type QB is we dont have a huge amount invested in him, if we find a better option in free agency we can grab him (Collins maybe?).

O.K., for a brief moment I'm going to venture into what might be "Serv have you lost your damn mind?" territory.

Last night the Packers backup QB, Matt Flynn in for Rodgers had what I consider an eyebrow-raising effort against the Pats in the Pats backyard.

After the 2011 season, he's FA.

Am I insane for thinking of the plausibility of giving him a serious look?

Bring it on, I'm thick-skinned and I promise not to get mad.

Flynn looked very poised for the most part Serv. The problem is you could be betting an awful lot based on one game. On the other hand, Brunell was traded to Jax, Schaub to Hou, and those seem to work out well, so we would be remiss if we did not explore the option.

Might be an interesting conversation in the off season.

On the other hand, considering what the Seahawks gave up to get Charlie Whitehurst, who hasn't looked great, we need to draw a definitive line in the sand with draft picks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.