• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

anyone else feel like they're watching a preseason game?

lol, i was just thinking i would be pissed if i was a ticket holder or dropped $200 plus for Sunday Ticket. I don't know if it even feels like preseason, more like a practice.:anonymous:

At the moment, it feels like the team has some fight in them. Rex is looking ok at this point.

Yea, atleast he doesn't go all to hell like McNabb when he get's a little pressure. Still we can thank the ref's for that score. No way was that roughing the passer.

No matter what happens in this game, we can be impressed today with many things. Rex keeps on plugging away.

lol, i was just thinking i would be pissed if i was a ticket holder or dropped $200 plus for Sunday Ticket. I don't know if it even feels like preseason, more like a practice.:anonymous:

I have Sunday Ticket and I am not really pissed about it. This is no where near as bad as spending $200 on Spurrier's second year or Zorn's second year.

Come on Banks, do your thing!

Now see - that's what happens when you post one of these 'one-liner' threads before the outcome is determined. We weren't able to pull it out, but it was a great 2nd half Redskins performance overall.

Now see - that's what happens when you post one of these 'one-liner' threads before the outcome is determined. We weren't able to pull it out, but it was a great 2nd half Redskins performance overall.

oh please...

1) we played a team with an even worse record.

2) this game showcased everything that is wrong with Grossman
- turnover machine
- not enough arm strength for the long passing game
- shades of Campbell....holds onto the ball too long in the pocket
- how many passes did he over-throw in the end-zone? ans: too many
- a QB who has been in the league this long yet throwing those idiot passes down the field when throwing the ball away? what the heck!!!!!

3) curious why the COMCAST guys aren't ripping the special teams..they were horrendous today.

4) but at least COMCAST/BM agree this was a wasted year from a rebuilding perspective.

that wasn't a professional game. it was laughable how bad both teams were this late in the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Al, it was a sloppy game, no doubt. I am pleased that they did not give up, kept fighting to end, even when the ST continually let them down in the first half. They played hard for Rex, they played hard for Shanahan. I am looking for the positives where I can find them, and both of those things are unequivocally positive.

Al, it was a sloppy game, no doubt. I am pleased that they did not give up, kept fighting to end, even when the ST continually let them down in the first half. They played hard for Rex, they played hard for Shanahan. I am looking for the positives where I can find them, and both of those things are unequivocally positive.

I'll give you they hung in there. They played their normal game. My only conclusion is that this is going to be a painful 2-3 years more of rewickering the roster...including most especially QB. my guess is that the Shanahan's may be trying to figure out who is going to be the interim QB until we find a real one with long term skills/potential. it's frustrating having to watch.....as a fan I can't hang on to slim threads...you can see the weaknesses and what they imply for the long term.

this was the HATED COWPIES....and we did lose.

I'll give you they hung in there. They played their normal game. My only conclusion is that this is going to be a painful 2-3 years more of rewickering the roster...including most especially QB. my guess is that the Shanahan's may be trying to figure out who is going to be the interim QB until we find a real one with long term skills/potential.

Sure thing. I don't think anyone was doubting that. I'm certainly not suggesting our QB problems are over, that Rex is our guy. I'm just saying I was pleasantly surprised today, and feel a little more confident that Rex could be a stopgap, certainly moreso than McNabb has been.

For the record, that doesn't lessen the fact that we foolishly traded away yet more draft picks for a guy in McNabb who gave us 13 games of mediocre, at best, play. Today was a pleasant surprise, but until we stop giving away draft picks like water, we will have to continue to be happy with moral victories.

No! This did not feel like a pre-season game! We don't play Dallas in pre-season!

No! This did not feel like a pre-season game! We don't play Dallas in pre-season!

well..it certainly wasn't a professional football game for game 14! thank God there are only two left.

if Grossman is the starting QB next season that will be tantamount to telling the rest of the league that the Skins have already given up on the playoffs before the season has even started.

Al, isn't that what we want? If we blow it all up and rebuild, having Grossman starting tells the league that, and I'm OK with that. Now if we have Rex start and we go out and sign all the free agents in the world and try to win now, I will be furious.

oh please...

- turnover machine
- a QB who has been in the league this long yet throwing those idiot passes down the field when throwing the ball away? what the heck!!!!!

3) curious why the COMCAST guys aren't ripping the special teams..they were horrendous today.

4) but at least COMCAST/BM agree this was a wasted year from a rebuilding perspective.

that wasn't a professional game. it was laughable how bad both teams were this late in the season.

We played a team that has more talent overall that had been poorly coached up until a few weeks ago, so looking at their record is just foolish.

Everything you state is wrong with Rex's play can be said about McNugget barring the arm strenth.

So you actually take what spews out of B Mitches mouth as an accurate assessment ?

I needed a good laugh, thanks. WTF does Mitchel know about building or rebuilding a team ? He's a piss ant with a grudge the majority of the time.

We've been evaluating players all year, and when you walk into a disaster of a locker room, you can't just toss everybody to the curb. Watching film of players in a different system only goes so far, and actual game play is the only other way to see who's a keeper for your style and system.

I'd venture a guess that it's pretty clear on the running back situation by now, we know what we have in Armstrong, and in Banks as a returner. I don't doubt we have a solid Idea where we stand in other positions too.

We could win the NFC championship and Mitchel would have crap to spew. The BM initials fit being he's a real ****.

Sure thing. I don't think anyone was doubting that. I'm certainly not suggesting our QB problems are over, that Rex is our guy. I'm just saying I was pleasantly surprised today, and feel a little more confident that Rex could be a stopgap, certainly moreso than McNabb has been.

For the record, that doesn't lessen the fact that we foolishly traded away yet more draft picks for a guy in McNabb who gave us 13 games of mediocre, at best, play. Today was a pleasant surprise, but until we stop giving away draft picks like water, we will have to continue to be happy with moral victories.

I hear ya Goaldie. You know how I'm built. the draft picks are water under the roster bridge...I'm looking ahead and I just know that Rex is not the answer. I saw the weaknesses as well as the good play.

anywho...enjoy the moral victory! maybe there will be a trade or two during the offseason where we pick up some draft picks.

just so ya know:

- torrain looked good again

- the o-line looked better

- I have to concede to others...it's hard not liking Armstrong. he should have a role in the future. I don't know what that role should be....but he's been a surprise: he actually catches the ball!!

- we did score down in the Red Zone

I hate moral victories, moral victories are for losers, however the second half, this almost looked like a football team.

oh...now you're gonna make me bring up my favorite Tiger quote: "Second place is for the first loser"

oh please...

- turnover machine

If you can't give either Rex or the Redskins in general at least a minimum of props for today, that's your issue, not mine.

We knew it might be rough for Rex today. First of all, subbing QB Y for QB X doesn't change the fact that he'll likely run for his life (ie...it wasn't all Mcnabb's fault). It doesn't change the fact that he'll probably have key passes dropped at key moments.

I also think we have to keep in mind that, although Mcnabb's benching might call into question Shanahan's competence for many, it has nothing to do with Rex. Let's face it - he brought us back from 20 points down on the road, had the game-winning TD pass flat out dropped by Moss, and against an improving game NFC East opponent - but you still can't give him even an ounce of props for the effort? Was he shaky at times? Yep. Did he make some bad decisions? Yep. But he was making his first NFL start in quite awhile, yet still surpassed anything Mcnabb has done all year.

'Turnover machine'. Really? That's a pretty harsh assessment given one of them was likely entirely on Mike Sellers, another almost inevitable with time and downs running out, and no timeouts thanks to the coaching staff.

You made the post when it was easy to make it, and smugly if you ask me. None of today changes a thing. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. But these guys fought back and didn't quit. I'm not sure what else you want at this point in a failed season?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.