• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2011 Draft Order - Updated 1/3

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
I did this last season and it was fun to track so I thought I would do a reprise of it this year. My guess is in years where there are no playoffs forthcoming for our team this will become a staple feature.

I will update this once a week so the first post reflects the latest draft order. I am getting my data from WalterFootball. Ties are broken using the official NFL method of strength of schedule.

I know this will change, perhaps drastically, before the end of the season but it will likely be interesting to watch and maybe offer something to discuss.

1. Carolina (2-14)
2. Denver (4-12)
3. Buffalo (4-12)
4. Cincinnati (4-12)
5. Arizona (5-11)
6. Cleveland (5-11)
7. San Francisco (6-10)
8. Tennessee (6-10)
9. Dallas (6-10)
10. Washington (6-10)
11. Houston (6-10)
12. Minnesota (6-10)
13. Detroit (6-10)
14. St. Louis (7-9)
15. Miami (7-9)
16. Jacksonville (8-8)
17. New England - from Oakland (8-8)
18. San Diego (9-7)
19. New York Giants (10-6)
20. Tampa Bay (10-6)
21. Seattle* (7-9)
22. Kansas City* (10-6)
23. Indianapolis* (10-6)
24. Philadelphia* (10-6)
25. Green Bay* (10-6)
26. New Orleans* (11-5)
27. New York Jets* (11-5)
28. Baltimore* (11-5)
29. Chicago* (11-5)
30. Pittsburgh* (12-4)
31. Atlanta* (13-3)
32. New England* (14-2)

In the current order the Skins have the 9th selection in Round 2 (41th overall), no 3rd or 4th Round picks (due to the Jamaal Brown and Donovan McNabb trades), the 13th and 28th selections in Round 5, the 12th pick in Round 6 and the 11th pick in Round 7 for a total of 6 picks in 2011.

Last edited:
God that sucks, doesn't it?! SIX picks in the entire draft for a team that needs triple that... truly discouraging (as if we weren't discouraged sufficiently already).

And the sad thing is, we're a lock never to finish with one of the three worst records in a given year, which creates a real dilemma for us. We need the ability to draft the best young QB available. Without having a record sufficient enough to get us a top pick, we'd have to throw major picks at someone in the top spot, picks we don't have. Nor, short of gutting this team of it's precious talent, can we afford to throw talented players into the mix to get to that spot.

Quite a quandary if you ask me.

God that sucks, doesn't it?! SIX picks in the entire draft
Could be more by draft day.

We've got one coming for Tryon, don't we?

Hopefully, Haynesworth & McNabb will get us SOMETHING.

Plus, guys like Dockery, Carter, and a few yet to be determined, could bring us a few. None higher than a 5th, I suspect, but still, more picks is better.

I don't think we get one for Tryon, Ax. He was cut, not signed away as a free agent and I think that makes a difference.

I think we will move up. DMc5 brings another pick or two. We trade another player for a pick. Sign four good FAs, draft QB first, go Oline rest of draft. Rinse and repeat the following year except draft stud CB and rest of draft Dline.

I can't believe we're going to have to look at a QB.................again. danny must be spooging.

Still, we need to fix the damn lines. If we can find a trade partner that won't see us coming, we need to put up with another year of suckage from either McNabb or :puke: Grossman and get some players, instead of blowing the whole wad trying ot move up to get an unproven QB

In Washington, all QBs are unproven :)

I can't see us trying to find our future QB in free agency. If we're ever going to have an era where the QB is not an open question or a liability, we'll have to eventually draft one. That's what pisses me off most about this year. You could've thrown the bank at the Rams, including throwing in some of our vet talent to sweeten the deal, made them an offer they couldn't refuse, and grabbed Bradford. Or you could've kept JC and lived with it while you spent all your resources on rebuilding the trenches. But we tried to do both. That's the crux of our failure because we weren't in position to do both. Now we've added a little help to our lines, but wasted picks and time on a QB who isn't going to be the answer.

If you're not prepared for another year of suckage, you need to get out of the Redskins fan business now though :) We are years away from consistent success, precisely because we tried to walk down the middle of the highway instead of decisively rebuilding.

Yeah, if you're using Walterfootball, they have Cam Newton going to San Fran at the 8 slot. I know it's early and the season is not over yet, but we are likely to drop a slot or 2. If Cam Newton is there at the 8 slot and we have fallen to that spot, do we take him?

I say no!

4th round sounds too high. All that I gather is for a 'conditional late round pick.' Sounds like a 6th or 7th and it is probably based on playing time. If it is, we will get the high end of the deal because he has been a regular on the field.

4th round sounds too high. All that I gather is for a 'conditional late round pick.' Sounds like a 6th or 7th and it is probably based on playing time. If it is, we will get the high end of the deal because he has been a regular on the field.
This is what I was thinking too. Also, as Neo pointed out, not sure if it will be this draft or the next. Though I suspect it's this one.

God that sucks, doesn't it?! SIX picks in the entire draft for a team that needs triple that... truly discouraging (as if we weren't discouraged sufficiently already).

Boone, you're channeling me-in the chat room during the game I posed the following question-"Does anyone know how we could wrangle 18 draft picks?".LOL!

As I recall it was Jimbo who gave me an answer-"Bring the Pats FO to D.C."

My bad. Wonder what the pick is and which year it is for? I can't find anything on it.
I got curious myself and started digging around for articles and feeds about it when it happened and everything I've found so far says "undisclosed draft pick." I'll keep digging around and see if I can find anything.

That is as close to real information on it as I have seen. I am guessing the specifics are still undisclosed as Walter has all the traded picks given to the teams with a footnote about where they came from, like that second 6th rounder the Skins have. That came from NO as part of the Brown trade.

You are right, sir. Geez...I just wrote that yesterday. You would think I could remember overnight.

No worries. I'm just hoping Tryon hits whatever mark gives us the greater pick from Indy.

That, and whatever picks we can get for players we're done with, either before, or during, the upcoming draft.

What if we were able to package DMc5 and AH? Could that could bring some picks - one of them fairly high?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.