Thread: Headaches

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

Default Headaches

Anyone know any natural or homemade headache remedies? I am tired of putting drugs into my body and would rather do something natural if possible. I have discovered natural allergy relief and other stuff, but not something that works consistently for headaches.

Any suggestions?
    Posted via BGO Mobile Device
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have no idea but tell me about the natural allergy relief you discovered.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

You have nothing to offer me but expect me to give you help? Pshaw!

Freeze dried stinging nettles are terrific allergy relief. They come in these green pills/pellets and work fantastically well. Now, if I have a cold or severly congested, they don't work as well. But most of the time when i am fighting allergies, they work great.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    I live in the warmest city in the coldest province
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    UTEP

Goalie, red willow bark is natural and works very well boil it and make a team with some natural mint, its what we used up north when I was a kid. you can usually get it at a naturopath store.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Minnesota

Do you know what's causing the headaches?
    0 0 0 0

The challenge ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

Good question, Ren. Not sure, they seem to be different situations. This morning, I woke up at 3am with a splitting headache that I attributed to sinus difficulties last night. I took Excedrin and Advil to knock it out this morning, but like I say, I hate taking too many drugs.

Sometimes, I think I wait too long to eat lunch and get a headache, and I know sometimes I get stress headaches. For some reason, I am very susceptible to them.
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goaldeje View Post
    You have nothing to offer me but expect me to give you help? Pshaw!

Freeze dried stinging nettles are terrific allergy relief. They come in these green pills/pellets and work fantastically well. Now, if I have a cold or severly congested, they don't work as well. But most of the time when i am fighting allergies, they work great.
    Thanks. I'm going to give those a try because my allergies can be really bad.

I had a really weird experience this spring. For several days I got so congested that I literally felt like I was suffocating. What I found out is that I got relief only when I was moving around. For example I drove to the health club all congested and simply walking the few yards from my car to the club cleared things up. Then it was ok during my workout until I got a call from one of my clients and had to sit and talk to them and I got congested. This happened for several days and then suddenly stopped. But I often get congested without having a cold but just not as bad as this one experience.

I also get headaches. (Maybe there’s a connection between the allergies and the headaches?) Then don’t follow any pattern. Sometimes they are sinus related, sometimes tension, sometimes they are migraine like. Sometimes the pain seems to be in my eye (or behind it.) And like you, I don’t like to take anything I don’t have to.

Oh and I would be remiss if I didn’t offer you some advice:

1. Don’t run with scissors.
    2. Don’t actually expect the Redskins to win.
    Last edited by Alaskan; 12-18-10 at 06:17 PM.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good question, Ren. Not sure, they seem to be different situations. This morning, I woke up at 3am with a splitting headache that I attributed to sinus difficulties last night. I took Excedrin and Advil to knock it out this morning, but like I say, I hate taking too many drugs.

Sometimes, I think I wait too long to eat lunch and get a headache, and I know sometimes I get stress headaches. For some reason, I am very susceptible to them.

stress headaches? stop surfing lib web sites....works for me!.....
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

It's either this or this
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Army Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSr619 View Post
    if you rub the muscle between your thumb and first finger it is supposed to help relieve headache symptoms. it might be a mental thing but it works for me.
    There could well be something to that, Mike. Though I don't know for sure. Accupuncture works, or at least everything I've read would indicate that, so it's entirely possible. (Of course, accupuncture could be a placebo effect as well, so who knows.)

My mom has a good friend who's big into holistic healing and natural remedies. Really, it's a lot of stuff that I don't understand, but I'll say this. She cooked for her dog (one of the puppies from the schnauzer I had as a kid) and the thing lived 21 years (147 dog years.) And she's 60, and looks literally 35-40.

Unfortunately, I don't know any of the details of what she does, or uses. But I sure as hell won't snicker at alternative therapies/natural foods & remedies.

One of the things that she swears by is this.......fungus that grows in a jar on her kitchen counter. The thing makes some kind of liquid that she drinks, and she says it's a real live fountain of youth. But if it takes fungus juice to live forever, I'll just go ahead and enjoy my natural lifespan, thanks.
    0 0 0 0

F.K.A. "honorary_hog"

Always known as a diehard Skins fan

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

I've heard the hand thing before; I've never tried it though. Hot shower usually works for me for "lesser" headaches - turn the water as hot as you can stand it, and just let it run over your head for like 10-20 minutes.

Other than that, hair of the dog, bro!
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Minnesota

Yea I asked bc the biggest cause for me is dehydration or hunger - both issues which are easily addressed without medicine.
    0 0 0 0

The challenge ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us.

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Michigan State

Sex. But don't take my word for it, studies have shown that sex can cure headaches:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/PainMan...tqshow=&page=1
    0 0 0 0

Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by China View Post
    Sex. But don't take my word for it, studies have shown that sex can cure headaches:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/PainMan...tqshow=&page=1
    I keep telling this to my wife! Now I can back it up with science! Thank you China!

Man of the Year candidate, folks!
    0 0 0 0

User Tag List