• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: Week 15 - @ Dallas Cowboys

Blognostications

Blognosticator - Jimbo

I HATE THE DALLAS COWBOYS! How did the obvious come about for me? In 1965,...

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh...the memories! That 1972 NFC Championship was the first time I remember my father's emotions elevated for Redskins' football!

But blast you for picking against us!

Great write up Jimbo.

Last edited:
So Jimbo, on a visceral level, how do you feel about the Cowboys?

Nice write up, good analysis. I want to believe your prediction will be wrong, but my head says you will be proven right, sadly.

Oh yeah. And **** Dallas!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Excellent write-up, Jimbo. BTW, I HATE THE COWBOYS TOO!! I've despised them sum you-know what's since before Allen and Gibbs brought me into the Redskin fold. Growing up near Chicago-in "Black 'n' Blue" division country hating thr Cowbums was like breathing-it just came naturally.

But what really turned me into a red-in-the-face cheerleader for whoever happens to be playing them is when they had the unspeakable gall to call themselves "America's Team". That boiled my blood into superheated steam.

What arrogant bast*rds!! NFL football is America's game but no freakin' team has the right to declare itself "America's Team."

Especially one I don't like anyway.

Ever since then I have giggled at every downturn and rooted against them in every game.

I'll be doing it again-extra hard 'cause my Skins are playing them.

However...I learned early on that rooting for a team doesn't help them actually win the game.

And as much as it hurts to say this-I'm afraid I agree with you, Jimbo-especially considering how things seem to be going for both teams right now.

I'll tell ya something, though. If by some bizarre turn of events the Redskins go hyper-unpredictable again and pull off a win I'll probably have to run to the bathroom first followed by wiping spittle off the tv and laptop screens and the neighbors may call 911 to have me taken away somewhere and sedated.

Oh yeah. And **** Dallas!

:claps: :thewave:

I'll tell ya something, though. If by some bizarre turn of events the Redskins go hyper-unpredictable again and pull off a win I'll probably have to run to the bathroom first followed by wiping spittle off the tv and laptop screens and the neighbors may call 911 to have me taken away somewhere and sedated.

If we pull this one out, I'll be right there with you, getting ready to get hauled off to the loony bin. :insane:

F*** DALLAS........... while I agree with your score and prediction al I can think of is, damn it.....Makes me seethe at the teeth to think of the Cowboys winning, yet I know it's relatively likely.

F*** DALLAS........... while I agree with your score and prediction al I can think of is, damn it.....Makes me seethe at the teeth to think of the Cowboys winning, yet I know it's relatively likely.

The Blognostications have been so good this year, I just wanted to be truthful and unbiased and try to be accurate prediction-wise but I SOOOOOO want to beat those bastages. I still hate them as much as ever and even when both teams have losing records, I STILL want bragging rights over their idiot fans. :hammer:

We approach this game, as Samson. Blind, head shaven-ed, and in shackles.

“And Samson called unto the LORD, and said, O Lord of the Football GODS, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O Football God, that I may be at once avenged of the Cowboys for my selfish pleasure.”

“And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars upon which the house stood, and on which it was borne up, of the one with his offense, and of the other with his defense. And Samson said, Let me bury the Cowboys. And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the Cowboys, and upon all the people that were therein. So the points which he scored on that day were more than those which he scored all season.”

We approach this game, as Samson. Blind, head shaven-ed, and in shackles.

“And Samson called unto the LORD, and said, O Lord of the Football GODS, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O Football God, that I may be at once avenged of the Cowboys for my selfish pleasure.”

“And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars upon which the house stood, and on which it was borne up, of the one with his offense, and of the other with his defense. And Samson said, Let me bury the Cowboys. And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the Cowboys, and upon all the people that were therein. So the points which he scored on that day were more than those which he scored all season.”

Well done, sir!!! :claps:

Want another crack at this?

:)

I have a lot of old rivalry memories......one of my earliest and favorites is of the 1972 Championship game.....in my mind, Charlie Waters has still never hit the ground....

Want another crack at this?

:)

I have a lot of old rivalry memories......one of my earliest and favorites is of the 1972 Championship game.....in my mind, Charlie Waters has still never hit the ground....

That 1972 NFC Championship was a thing of beauty. What I wouldn't give to have a copy of that game so I could watch our defense shut down Dallas and, once again, watch Billy Kilmer throw those wobbly TD passes to Charley Taylor.

I'd love another crack at this but I'm afraid it would be a lot harsher. I wrote the blog last Sunday night with absolutely NO CLUE any of this was going to happen. I'm almost willing to bet the score is gonna be a LOT worse now although I'll continue to hope for a miracle.

Dallas will blitz Sexy Rexy unmercifully, knowing he can't move around like McNabb. He's not even going to have time to say "F### it, I'm going deep". Not sure why Shanahan would subject him to that considering he hasn't worked with the receivers enough to develop a rapport and the only game action he saw was that brief, unsuccessful stint against the Lions.

New Prediction: Dallas 34, Redskins 10. It makes me :puke: to even have to pick the Boys. Hoping :xmas: can deliver a Christmas miracle.

Im with you, I hate having to pick with my head against my heart but after the debacle this week, I think its gonna be ugly, im glad im not at home watching this with my asshat cowpiefan friend, I already know ill be getting minute updates by text FML.

Should be a backup QB Honeymoon game. :) We can hope. If we win, I might just have to work one of my vacation days next week to rub it in to all my cowpuke fan coworkers.

Should be a backup QB Honeymoon game. :) We can hope. If we win, I might just have to work one of my vacation days next week to rub it in to all my cowpuke fan coworkers.

Love your optimism. I'd much rather have bragging rights than have to resort to :anonymous:

We already took the first one from them when the season was young and everyone was still thinking they were going to the Super Bowl.

I'm not even wasting my time with this one

We already took the first one from them when the season was young and everyone was still thinking they were going to the Super Bowl.

I'm not even wasting my time with this one
Yeah?

Well, to quote an American you well remember...

"Nuts!"

Jimbo, I hate the Cowboys too, but respect your pick.

Funny story. Back in the late sixties, the hated Cowboys beat my beloved Redskins and the next door neighbor's kid teased me about it (he liked the bums). I got so mad and kicked the front door of his house with every ounce of my abilities. The door had a big crack in the wood and it was ruined. Later that afternoon, my father said I had to work to pay for it.

A week later, he made me do one hour of chores and winked.

Jimbo - great analysis. It was a pleasure to read it. Thanks a bunch.

Jimbo, I hate the Cowboys too, but respect your pick.

Funny story. Back in the late sixties, the hated Cowboys beat my beloved Redskins and the next door neighbor's kid teased me about it (he liked the bums). I got so mad and kicked the front door of his house with every ounce of my abilities. The door had a big crack in the wood and it was ruined. Later that afternoon, my father said I had to work to pay for it.

A week later, he made me do one hour of chores and winked.

Jimbo - great analysis. It was a pleasure to read it. Thanks a bunch.

GREAT STORY, BB!!! Sounds a lot like my Dad. Thanks for the kind words. Too bad so much of this craziness happened AFTER I wrote the blognostication but the meat and potatos still applies. Torain is going to have to be somewhat effective in order for Grossman to have time to throw and Rex is going to have to be willing to run for that first down if necessary.

The Defense that showed up last week, and NOT the one that showed up against Philly, is going to need to show up again this week. You'll see a LOT of three step drops from Kitna early on so you have to watch the slants and quick hitters. They may even try to go deep off of play-action early, like Philly did, to try to get an early lead. Jason Garrett knows the longer we can keep the game close, the more dangerous we can be so stopping their first drive will be key.

Nothing would make me happier than :xmas: giving us an early Christmas present. It sure would take the heat off of Shanahan, if that's possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.