• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Scratching My Head Over Playoff Eliminations

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
One has to wonder how the 5-8 Redskins have been officially eliminated from the playoffs but the 4-9 Cowboys are not? Seriously. How does this work?

Chris Berman can bestow a bye to the Cowboys and Bills, if he so chooses.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

According to the USA today, nine teams are out: Washington, Dallas, Detroit, Minnesota, Carolina, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Denver.

Houston, Tennessee, and Arizona are close to elimination.

CNN/SI is missing the Cowboys from that list.

Well, I never like SI, so maybe it is wishful thinking on their part.

The Cowboys get the "America's Team" exemption, duh.

Come on Bob - get with the program. Sure, technically the Cowboys are eliminated, but let's face it - they should be in the playoffs!

Because they are so talented and all. :)

They had 9 teams were eliminated in the paper, but only listed 8. Of course, they left off the Cowgirls. I was scratching my head too, but then did the math. Sports writers can't do the math!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.