• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Tryon Puts Rocky Rookie Season Behind Him

brandies

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/tryon-puts-rocky-rookie-season.html#more

Tryon Puts Rocky Rookie Season Behind Him
Cornerback Justin Tryon quickly got off to a rough start with the Redskins after being selected in the fourth round of the 2008 draft.

In an introductory conference call with reporters, Tryon immediately inserted his foot into his mouth, making bold predictions about taking a starting job from one of the team's veteran corners, among other things. His comments were so outrageous that even the loquacious Fred Smoot thought the kid had said too much, prompting Smoot to pull Tryon aside for some sage counseling.

"I told him, 'You can't come in here like that,' " Smoot, who has mentored Tryon, recalled recently. "The young fella knew he made a mistake, and I just let him know his teammates are here for him. But you just have to let your play do the talking."

And that didn't go so well, either.

Tryon, listed at 5-feet-9 and 183 pounds, often appeared overmatched in coverage last preseason. He mostly played special teams and had little impact defensively.

CLICK LINK FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE

Working in the off-season with Darrell Green is a good step in overcoming the ills of his rookie season. Tryon has some nice speed, not at the level of Green, but given Tryon's size comparison, Green was the perfect tutor.

I actually like the look of the secondary. Rogers, Hall, Smoot, Tryon and Barnes to me is a formidable 5 corners. Landry and Horton as starters at Safety with Reed Doughty and Kareem Moore makes for a potent safety secondary. Is Moore having a good camp? I get mixed signals in all the articles I read.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.