• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Cake or Death: He's NOT What We Thought He Was. Or Is He?

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
A few months ago, I wrote about hope.

The birth of a new season of Redskins Football always seems to engender optimism within. For me, anyway. This year was no different. We had a new coach, a guaranteed Hall of Fame coach, no less. Yes, we had problems, but every team has problems. Mike Shanahan was going to change the culture of the team, dammit! I think we all hoped for a playoff spot, but more realistically, considering the disaster that was 2009, thought a 3-4 game improvement would happen.

The season started out with great promise - a win over the hated Cowboys, followed by a disappointing but somewhat encouraging loss against the Texans. Our offense was clicking in that game, everyone looked great. When the defense would figure out how to put it all together...

Then a set back against the Rams, followed by two great wins against the Packers and Eagles. And we were back in the playoff discussion. Sadly, that was the high point of the season. Five games in? How could that be the high point?

I watched "Henry Poole is Here" a couple of months ago...

Rest Here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.