• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

A Look at the Positive - Ryan Torain

I disagree that he often avoids it. One thing that Shannahan wants from his recievers is blocking. If they don't want to block, then they do not play. I have been looking on youtube for examples, but they are hard to come by. These are the two examples I have found:

On this one, Williams runs for a 32 yard TD. Without Armstrong's block, he does not make it in.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjulCJlWF7Q[/media]

The next video, go to 6:50 and 7:40. At 6:50 he blocks, not the best, but he does. At 7:40, he levels a guy

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-mH_tyACLM&feature=related[/media]

I am not arguing that Armstrong is a great blocker, far from it. But to say he avoids contact is a bit much.

omni...we can argue til we're blue in the face over absolutes (sic "he is...he isn't"). Watching the games on the idiot box, I have seen several plays in which he is ineffective as a blocker. When he manages to stay on his feet after catching the ball....he has demonstrated skillsets this receiving corps badly needs: he runs good routes, he can actually hold onto the ball. as far as blocking goes......from what I have seen.....I haven't seen much that makes me think "gee...what an asset this guy is for the running game."

That's great, but if you watched the Chargers game last night what the Redskins need is a qb that can throw the ball accurately and a receiver like Vincent Jackson that can play inside or outside and make plays in traffic.

When was the last time a receiver for the Redskins went up and took a ball away from a defender and scored a TD like Jackson did last night? :)

The indictment of the Redskins front office is that San Diego finds players like Jackson, Gates and Malcolm Floyd outside of Round 1 of the draft, meanwhile the ONLY core players the Redskins have are their #1 draft choices.

Gates and Floyd missed the game last night.

Jackson was out there with Randy McMichael making plays downfield :)

Also, Jackson is the nastiest run blocking WR in the league. He takes his man out. I am definitely on the Vincent Jackson bandwagon this offseason.

The trick is NOT to depend upon AJ Smith to unearth our talent but rather for the Redskins to find the NEXT Vincent Jackson that we can draft or sign and have at a bargain price for 3-4 years :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.