• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PC Help

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Got up this morning and checked my email. Noted that I had 30 or 40 of the below email messages:

This message was created automatically by the mail system (ecelerity).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

>>> Dionte146@yahoo.com (reading confirmation): 554 Message not allowed
>>> - [320]

Obviously I did not send these mails. Looking at my 'Sent' folder, doesn't appear these were generated from my pc (as one might expect with an email virus). Anyone got a clue what this is about?

I did run a virus scan with nothing found using Norton.

Have you gotten 40 or 50 in a row like that Sarge?

Might want to watch your browsing history there, Boone.

:)
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Changed my password last night and so far, that's put an end to it....hopefully...

of course...there's always the possibility you have been rooted...in which case...if done right...you'd never know it. but that's a lot of work...and for what?

there are all kinds of possibilities here. ctc the service provider and see if other accounts have experienced the same jack during the same period. the problem might be at the server end of things.

E-mail addresses and password details for 200,000 registered users of Gawker Media websites are now circulating on peer-to-peer networks after a weekend hack attack. The company warned users to change their passwords -- including on other sites, if they use the same passwords elsewhere.

Creating Secure Passwords You Can RememberThe websites affected include Lifehacker, Gizmodo, Gawker, Jezebel, io9, Jalopnik, Kotaku, Deadspin and Fleshbot. Users are required to register, providing their e-mail address and a password, in order to leave comments on those websites.

A group named "Gnosis" claimed credit for the attack. The compromised information is now available in a 487 MB file, which can be downloaded from peer-to-peer networks using a torrent now indexed on The Pirate Bay. Other information in the file includes something called "gawker_redesign_beta.jpg" as well as Gawker's server kernel versions.

In the torrent release notes, Gnosis said "So, here we are again with a monster release of ownage and data droppage. Previous attacks against the target were mocked, so we came along and raised the bar a little."

The stored passwords were encrypted although Gnosis said some of the passwords have already been cracked.

"We're deeply embarrassed by this breach," Gawker said on its website. "We should not be in the position of relying on the goodwill of the hackers who identified the weakness in our systems."

Those who linked their Twitter accounts with Gawker do not have to worry about those passwords, Gawker said, while those who logged into Gawker sites using Facebook Connect are safe as Gawker does not store those passwords.

Gawker is recommending that anyone who has a registered account change their password. If someone uses that the same password across other sites, those passwords should be changed as well, Gawker recommended.

"We are in the process of notifying those users who associated an e-mail address with their Gawker accounts," the company said, adding that it will create a feature by which users can delete their account entirely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.