• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Obama Ditches Tax Cut Presser, Bill Clinton Takes Control

It was very odd, and seemed inappropriate to me.

soooooooo....

we have a felon who is now advising a nice, bright but way in over his head President. where does this all lead? this is not 95-96...different historical circumstances.

soooooooo....

we have a felon who is now advising a nice, bright but way in over his head President. where does this all lead? this is not 95-96...different historical circumstances.

:rotflmao: Are you calling Clinton a felon? Because well...he is!

:rotflmao: Are you calling Clinton a felon? Because well...he is!

he lied to a Federal Grand jury and the media/Dems are treating him like some font of wisened virtue and probity.

the Republican leadership isn't very inspiring at this point....but the Dems are even worse.

Listen, I think Obama handled this really poorly, but equating Clinton with a felon isn't something most Americans will do. Most Americans, especially the Dems see Clinton as a bastion of the good times, when things were going well. Putting Obama up with Clinton was purely a Political move to remind America that there were good times to be had during a Democratic Presidency.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Oh, I'm not saying people remember accurately, Mike. I think Clinton was better than the right gives him credit for, but not the savior the Left remembers him as either.

Either way, a fairly shrewd move by Obama, up until he had to leave for a party. That just makes him look desperate.

I remember very clearly

Klinton was a communist;)
:laugh:

Goal, it all boils down to how you define felon. If you think a felon is only one who gets convicted of a felony, then you are technically correct in that assumption. But if you believe one is a felon once they commit a felony, then this definition clearly describes William Jefferson Clinton as a felon. He committed perjury! That is a federal offense, a felony! I wouldn't have called him a felon myself, but I do not think fs62 is too far off base.

I think Mike is correct, I strongly believe this was an act of desperation. What cracks me up is Obama is not that far over the cliff yet. This past election suggest he is, but he's not. If he keeps acting desperate like this, he will go over the cliff once and for all. As much as I hate to say this and there is a little vomit in my mouth as I type this for even thinking it, but Obama still has a chance at a 2nd term.

Not a chance. He's behind every Repub but Palin right now. The corpse of Reagan could beat him

Not a chance. He's behind every Repub but Palin right now. The corpse of Reagan could beat him

In the opposite direction, about this time in Bush the elder's 1st term he had a 91% approval rating. His 2nd term was inevitable. If there is one thing I have learned, there are no certainties in politics.

God, I hope Sarge is right!

El, I in no way, shape or form have revealed how I think of Clinton. It ain't good, for what it's worth. All I'm saying is that Americans tend to view Clinton very positively because of the economic prosperity we enjoyed during his administration. One can certainly argue as to how much he actually had to do with that prosperity, but perception is perception. And perception is that people equate Clinton with economic prosperity, which makes it a savvy political move for Obama to involve him.

And Sarge, I have a feeling that if the Repubs gridlock Congress and refuse to allow anything to happen, Obama will stand a much better chance of getting reelected. Both sides need to work together.

I got ya Goal. I will go so far as to say he does deserve some credit. Although for purely survival reasons, he knew that after a Republican takeover of Congress in 1994, he had to get down to business with Newt Gingrich even though they despised one another. Look, he probably thought along the same lines as Obama that a Democratic controlled Congress was going to endure and they could push through much of his agenda. He had more right to think that since it had been 30 years since Republicans controlled that branch. But as soon as the pendulum swung the other direction, he adjusted. But he did it with tact. He brought in Dick Morris, brilliant move in my eyes.

Obama on the other hand has found himself with a Democratic controlled Senate, Republican control of the House and the entire Democratic leadership much further to the left as Clinton's support in Congress in 1994. His swing to the right, if there is one, will be met with much more opposition form his own party, which we are seeing now. This is Obama's biggest problem. Clinton can come in as much as Obama wants, it may gain him a few of those Independents that he lost. The real problem for Obama is going to come from within his own Party, much like the Tea Party could create big problems for Republicans.

My point was simply that he could be perceived as a felon and that might not even be too far from accurate as fs62 suggested and you seemed to disagree.

:laugh:

Goal, it all boils down to how you define felon. If you think a felon is only one who gets convicted of a felony, then you are technically correct in that assumption. But if you believe one is a felon once they commit a felony, then this definition clearly describes William Jefferson Clinton as a felon. He committed perjury! That is a federal offense, a felony! I wouldn't have called him a felon myself, but I do not think fs62 is too far off base.

I think Mike is correct, I strongly believe this was an act of desperation. What cracks me up is Obama is not that far over the cliff yet. This past election suggest he is, but he's not. If he keeps acting desperate like this, he will go over the cliff once and for all. As much as I hate to say this and there is a little vomit in my mouth as I type this for even thinking it, but Obama still has a chance at a 2nd term.

.....bingo!

he has a chance.......but let's look ahead......estimates are that unemployment will very likely remain above 9% over the next two years. these knuckleheads (including Republicans) are still recklessly spending like sailors on their first port call after 6 mos at sea. there is a huge schism between what they say and how they live their lives - large segments of the population are starting to see the hypocrisy. he held all the power for two years and still owns the Senate come Jan 1. no amount of "party of no" finger pointing will disguise the obvious - they were in charge. eventually, folks will catch on to how the Federal Departments/Agencies are willfully ignoring the Congress and the will of the people like no previous leadership has in the last 50 years.

for a guy who basically won an election through a brilliant PR campaign.....his administration has been singularly inept at controlling the message or evincing confidence.

he's so far in over his head he can no longer see the light of day. that is slowly dawning on EVERYONE. let's face it...he failed in one great respect....once he assumed power and started executing his vision...he couldn't convince enough people, once they understood the realities of that vision, to follow.

as for Clinton.......he has no real enduring legacy. and that's the juicy part!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.